11-27-06, 08:19 PM   #21
Colton
A Fallenroot Satyr

I also made the jump from Titan to FuBar (a LONG time ago) and if it came down to FuBar being irreversibly broken in TBC, I would go without rather than go back to Titan...
11-28-06, 02:09 AM   #22
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Fubar is already close to ready for TBC. It uses library's and those library's are all almost updated. It's not the addon thats needed to update, it's the librarys.
11-28-06, 02:28 AM   #23
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

I used Titan bar for a long time.
With the coming of TBC though it looks like Titan bar will be left in the dust.
I'm in the process of moving to FuBar, sadly the texture that comes with it suck and I can't seem to find any textures for it (I'm still looking).

Looking at the Wowace page though it looks like there is no shortage of plugins which is nice to see.

So, my vote... FuBar, because it looks like it's life expectancy will be longer.
11-28-06, 02:30 AM   #24
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

There's a FuTextures out there, but I personally think it could be expanded a bunch. To bad I'm not graphically inclined.
11-28-06, 03:21 AM   #25
Tamatea
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'm looking for a Honor+, RareTracker and mainly for a TitanBG fubar version. Do you have any link ? I think I have something that look like Honor+ but not the 2 other one.
11-28-06, 03:34 AM   #26
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Tamatea
I'm looking for a Honor+, RareTracker and mainly for a TitanBG fubar version. Do you have any link ? I think I have something that look like Honor+ but not the 2 other one.
Well I was just looking at all the FuBar plugins and they had a BG one, but for some reason the Wowace.com page is having a 500 internal error message so i can't link to it now.

11-28-06, 06:48 AM   #27
Lombra
A Molten Giant

I would also like an Honor+ plug-in before I convert to FuBarism

Also.. is there something like Portals Menu, Durability stuff and something that counts reagents?
11-28-06, 06:54 AM   #28
Echarion
A Cyclonian

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...FuBar_2.0.html <---

fuBar + every Plugin in the "Addons and Patches List"

11-28-06, 03:46 PM   #29
tophero21
A Cliff Giant

honorfu already does what honor+ does.
11-28-06, 11:13 PM   #30
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

Well i made the move to FuBar today. I couldn't be happier. I'm extremely impressed with the options of it and it's pure flexibility.
I also found a texture pack in another compilation and have a nice texture for it now.

I have to say I can't believe I resisted switching to FuBar for this long. Boy was I dumb.
I'm truly a FuBar over TitanBar convert.
11-29-06, 03:28 AM   #31
ckknight
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Hey beautiful people, ckknight here, FuBar and Ace2 developer.

FuBar is ready for the WoW 2.0 update. Every plugin that I'm in control of is updated (except HonorFu/GloryLib, but I'll make sure it's ready). FuBar will be updated and ready _on this site_ by the time WoW 2.0 patch arrives. You can already get it directly from wowace if you want, but don't stress yourselves.

Rock on, everybody.

------

Also, a push for my current project: Cartographer. It is a modular, lightweight, and efficient framework for manipulation of the world map. It is based on Ace2 and other libraries of the Ace community. It, like FuBar, relies on modules and libraries to do all the dirty work.

Current modules:
Battlegrounds - allows viewing of battlegrounds outside of the zone.
Coordinates - adds coordinates to the bottom of the world map of the player and the cursor.
Foglight - Shows unexplored areas on the map. replacement for MozzFullWorldMap or Unexplorer. Much more efficient, though.
Group Colors - turns all your party's and your raid's POIs into circles colored based on class, and shows a number on them based on their raid group.
Instance Maps - shows maps of instances.
Look 'n' Feel - allows you to change the transparency, position, and scale of the world map.
Notes - lets you put notes on the map, similar to MapNotes.
Professions - automatically tracks herbs and minerals.
Zone Info - on hovering over a zone, it will show the levels of the zone, the instances in the zone, their levels, and the number of men the instance is made for (e.g. 5-man, 40-man).

I plan to have Cartographer ready and on this site by patch day. If you want to test it out now, feel free to get it from:
http://wowace.com/files/index.php?path=Cartographer/
SVN: http://svn.wowace.com/wowace/trunk/Cartographer/
11-29-06, 06:04 AM   #32
gorgeth
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Barras
Half the point of Ace2 is that libraries CAN be embedded in the addons. And it doesn't take away the concept at all, only one instance of each library exists even when multiple addons are using embeds, the excess is removed on the first garbage collection process. The concept of Ace2 is that libraries can be embedded, removing the dependency on an external Ace addon.

You might be against it, but the Ace2 devs designed it that way and do it with all their addons... so... I think I'll side with them on how their addons should work.
No ace2 was clusterfubared by people who decided to not do external libs.. because stupid whiny users cried about having to load a lib and a mod.

The problem is with the ace2 design forcing EVERY ace2 mod to load an enourmous set of libs only to not use them.. it also breaks left and right when you have an "old" embed loading after a "new" embed and they are not compatible.. since ace2 devs tend to not give a damn if they break compatibility with new releases (hello tekkub, clknight, and others!) you end up with a crapton of incompatible/broken mods on a daily basis..

The other half of the current ace2 issue is the way the mods are distributed/updated.. they play at the svn, but never actually release the mods, or break them daily in the svn without a stable release being distributed..

SVN is nice, but the current crop of half assed development on ace/aced mods == a very bad scene for end users without an intimate knowledge of how to manage mods/update from the svn/switch the mods to using external libs vs embedded (why the hell they do not force mods to look for external libs by default is beyond me)

At any rate .. back on topic.. Fubar > Titan.. when its not broken in the svn.. but for end users titan still > Fubar because titan still provides what it advertises more often than not.. something that cannot be said about Fubar/Ace2 versions of mods.
11-29-06, 06:44 AM   #33
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

*cough* When's the last time I broke backwards-compat in one of me libs? I don't even remember the last time I was in one of them tinkering :P

A good portion of my works are only available on the SVN because, well, I got so much code up there it's hard to keep up with. On the off chance that I get something polished out nice I release it here... but most of my stuff doesn't get past "beta"... so yea... I don't want to push out mods that aren't complete.

Last edited by Tekkub : 11-29-06 at 06:47 AM.
11-29-06, 06:59 AM   #34
Occam
A Fallenroot Satyr

FuBar supporter

Making the switch from Titan to what at the time was called BossPanel was one of the best UI decisions I've ever made (other than dropping Cosmos in the early days). I'm really happy to see how it's progressed, and very impressed by the effort to move all of the Titan plugins to FuBar.

Keep up the great work.
11-29-06, 11:17 AM   #35
Barras
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by gorgeth
No ace2 was clusterfubared by people who decided to not do external libs.. because stupid whiny users cried about having to load a lib and a mod.

The problem is with the ace2 design forcing EVERY ace2 mod to load an enourmous set of libs only to not use them.. it also breaks left and right when you have an "old" embed loading after a "new" embed and they are not compatible.. since ace2 devs tend to not give a damn if they break compatibility with new releases (hello tekkub, clknight, and others!) you end up with a crapton of incompatible/broken mods on a daily basis..

The other half of the current ace2 issue is the way the mods are distributed/updated.. they play at the svn, but never actually release the mods, or break them daily in the svn without a stable release being distributed..

SVN is nice, but the current crop of half assed development on ace/aced mods == a very bad scene for end users without an intimate knowledge of how to manage mods/update from the svn/switch the mods to using external libs vs embedded (why the hell they do not force mods to look for external libs by default is beyond me)

At any rate .. back on topic.. Fubar > Titan.. when its not broken in the svn.. but for end users titan still > Fubar because titan still provides what it advertises more often than not.. something that cannot be said about Fubar/Ace2 versions of mods.
*shrug* I update on a daily basis working with just over 80 Ace2'd addons plus standalone libs. I've had problems all of once and they were fixed in a matter of seconds by rolling back to the previous day and resolved entirely in the following days update.

Seriously, whine much? You have that much of a problem with it then provide an alternative...

End users can get fubar and pretty much all the plugins here and on other "release" sites, it remains stable and untinkered with, I fail to see how that makes Titan more reliable. I'm pretty sure if you updated Titan on a daily basis from the authors unreleased tinkerings it'd be just as unreliable, perhaps moreso, than those on the wowace SVN.

Last edited by Barras : 11-29-06 at 11:24 AM.
11-29-06, 12:30 PM   #36
PathMaster
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Never used either until early this year a friend pointed me to Titan. I very much enjoyed the utility of the addon. About 2 months ago I was looking around and saw Fubar. I tried it and was instantly hooked. Told friends about it and bam, they were hooked.

I was at about 60mb use, switched and dropped to about 55mb, BUT and I mean a big but I added about 20 fubar plugins. I have so much functionality with how fubar works its great.

Titan may be stable, but for me so is Fubar. Yes, SVN, has unstable releases, but as I understand it, I only use SVN if the main sites, such as WOWui, wow.net, & curse dont have the addon and I need an update.

Fubar > titan imho
11-29-06, 02:33 PM   #37
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by gorgeth

Funny you should complain about Ace2 plugins being only accessible off of the SVN and things getting broken. I will clue you in on something. If their on the SVN mostly likely they are BETA. If you want "releases" then download them off of the normal sites like this one. I myself use and test AddOns off the SVN using the WinAceUpdater and to date, I have had very few problems. Those AddOns that do cause problems I just upload the Bug report, then revert back to a copy that I know works (I archive the last known working version of the AddOns I use). Very easy to do. Regarding FuBar being broken on the SVN (never that I have ever encountered) see the above statement. If you don't like Beta testing then stay off of the SVN.

EDIT: Damn Lousy Spelling and Bad Grammer debuffs

Last edited by Zyonin : 11-30-06 at 03:24 AM.
11-29-06, 04:23 PM   #38
ckknight
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

There has been a _lot_ of recent work by Tem and myself (mostly Tem) to make Ace2 more stable in the sense that if something were to cause an error, it will no longer crash the whole system. This is a major accomplishment for something so vital to so many addons, and should help many end-user troubles.

FuBar is relatively stable on the SVN, but if you want to play it safe, use the releases on this stie.

Do not call names if you have something break on the SVN. Things on the SVN are considered in-development/beta-quality. Typically, we'll try to fix the problem ASAP, but just understand that there may be problems.
11-30-06, 11:12 AM   #39
sid67
A Cliff Giant
cknight: I have one suggestion regarding Cartographer. I would add a "Knowledge Base" similar to the one that Metamap has installed. This is the main feature I use Metamap for and find it pretty bloated for the most part. It would be supercool to have a KB that loads the NPCs and Mobs "on-demand" based on what zone you were located. Then, if you did an "All Zones" search, it load all the other zones. It would also be nice to if there were an Informix type addon that worked with the KB that added quest info.
11-30-06, 12:10 PM   #40
Minosha
A Kobold Labourer
I've been using Titan for a long while. I stumbled upon FuBar while looking for another mod, and decided to give it a try, since alot of ppl in this post liked it. Things I liked about it were the ability to drag them modules around as well as the large number of different modules. I was able to find something that could adequately replace each item I used in Titan. However, even with all the advantages, I still went back to Titan. Why? Cause of the look of it. Titan visually, at least to me, looks better. I feel its easier to look at, as well as read. Thats an important point for me, cause if I'm going to be looking at it for at least 2hours a day, I better be able to stand looking at it. So here is my question, is there a modules or addon or hack to make FuBar look better?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Titan vs. FuBar - Pros and Cons