05-11-09, 08:34 PM   #1
Xorde
A Defias Bandit
Newbie Question(Help appreciated)

Hi there,

Thanx for this great addon. I find it very useful but I have one very noobie question though. How do you make the Numbers/key bindings show up in your skill bar? Eg. 1(attack)2(heals)F1(drink) etc etc..

And also I always do frequent travels around the world. So I will usually play in different places(lancentres). Question is, How do you like save all your profile to load at once? I have all the addons and files needed saved in my external drive, I know how to extract into folders and stuffs, but I don't know how to put my configuration(already set) into WoW when it loads, and I need to redo everything from scratch. Is it something like WTF folder or something. Can someone care to elaborate and explain this to me?

Sorry for my bad english and have a good day.

Regards

05-11-09, 08:45 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

First off, something I've noticed is that when you first load up nUI it does not appear to show that you have keybindings even though they do work. All I did was go through anyways and set them myself so that they would show on the buttons. You can do this also by pressing Control-Alt-Right Click. After doing that they will show on your buttons. As I just learned recently, a little white dot in the upper Left corner of your buttons means that nUI does not see the key as bound to anything.

One important thing to note also is that all of your keybindings are stored on Blizzard's servers now. So all you have to do is set them from one computer for each toon and they are the same till you change them.

For frequently changing computers and using an external Hard drive....You can save the entire WoW program folder and run it from the Ext HDD if you really want, you may notice a decent performance hit though. Otherwise to just save the settings and addons, you would want to copy the entire WTF folder and the Interface Folder.

Other than that, you should be all good to go

05-11-09, 08:51 PM   #3
Xorde
A Defias Bandit
Gee, thanx!

This is a very fast response. I thank you so much Vis. So, you meaning saving my WTF folder and save my account and config.wtf to the pc that i'm using then everything will be reloaded the same?

Regards

05-11-09, 09:02 PM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Exactly. All the game video settings you have changed around, the character specific addon settings etc are all saved in the (default Win XP at least) c:\program files\world of warcraft\WTF folder.

That one folder contains all the realms, accounts, characters, and all your addon settings. So if you copy it, make sure to copy right from the beginning. Namely the WTF folder. That will grab everything below it also.

Do the same thing with the c:\program files\world of warcraft\Interface folder. The Interface folder holds all the addons that you have running when you play, nUI for example. As long as you copy Interface, you'll get them all in one shot.

Generally those 2 folders with all their subfolders will take upo anywhere from 50-150 or more megs of HDD space depending on the number of addons you run.

Then on the other computer you'd like to use, just copy/paste those folders back into the World of Warcraft directory and you'll be all set.

Also as a courtesy to another persons computer, if that is how you play WoW abroad, Before you copy your folders into the game directory, rename theirs Just right click, hit rename and make them WTF_old and Interface_old that way the other person doesnt lose their settings

05-11-09, 09:31 PM   #5
Xorde
A Defias Bandit
Thank you soo much once again. I will surely recommend this to my guildies
You are such a helpful person. I thank you very much in advance. May you have a very very good day and a blessed one too.

regards

05-11-09, 09:37 PM   #6
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Glad I could help

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Newbie Question(Help appreciated)