12-16-10, 10:45 AM   #1
dire_wolf
A Kobold Labourer
Quest/Map bugs

Ok, I didn't see these bugs reported, so I thought I should mention them.

First, herbalism nodes are scaling with the map, resulting in relatively HUGE images when zoomed in. Prior to "the breaking", nodes would not scale with the map... It gets hard to see if the flashing dot is there when the image generated by the node tracker is larger than the player arrow by several times.

Second, the quest tracking is not working quite right. I've seen the bug of locations being off, and I can confirm that. Some questgiver locations are off by 20 yards, some are off by 50 or more. Not sure if that's an issue with Cata shifting the map and the coordinates or if carbonite is reading it's own set instead of Blizz's (apparently other way around, after reading the bug report).

Biggest bug in quest tracking is the WHAT and the WHERE are mixed up. The arrow will point to the closest objective, yes. But if the quest has more than one objective, the LABEL of what carbonite thinks it's pointing towards will ALWAYS be the FIRST in the list, NOT what is actually the closest.

For example, say you have to kill 3 magnataurs (quest is called "Mighty Magnataur" in dragonblight), and that you're near New Hearthglen on the map. The tracker will point towards the known location of Bloodfeast, which is closest, but will say "Kill Iceshatter" because it's on the top of the list. If you kill Bloodfeast, it will update the quest normally, but then point towards the next closest location (which is ACTUALLY iceshatter) but still say "Kill iceshatter".

Once I had to google (shocking, i know) a mob location because there were two objectives, one was to kill the mob, and the second was something that could be done anywhere, but had to be done AFTER killing the mob... except it was listed first... so the tracker was completely useless....

I've also tried selecting the individual objective to track, and it didn't successfully work, though I'm not sure if that was carbonite or me.

I've run without other addons, same reaction, and I have 4.031.

12-16-10, 12:28 PM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Update to the latest beta.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quest/Map bugs