10-21-08, 11:40 PM   #1
Siku
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Can macros still detect buffs?

(Not sure if this is where it goes >>)
I heard that you cannot use macros dynamically anymore, by casting a different spell depending on your buffs / mana /whatever. But can macros still detect buffs or cast times if its for dynamic text?

Can someone make a macro that will make me yell somethign when i cast Pyroblast (i know that's possible), but ONLY when its an Instant, Hot Streak Pyro? (that i dont)
Also, is it possible to give it a 30% odds or something?
10-22-08, 12:52 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You need an addon to do this.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-22-08, 03:22 PM   #3
Mike-N-Go
A Theradrim Guardian

As far as I know, you cannot use conditions like buffs/mana/hp etc to effect the cast of a spell, yet you can do the opposite: cast something by pressing a button, and have an addon check said conditions. I recommend trying AfterCast or one of the RP helper-kind addons.
10-22-08, 06:41 PM   #4
Siku
A Fallenroot Satyr

Ill check said addons, i heard that i couldnt affect the cast of a -spell- but i was wondering if we could still use conditions to say a message or something that doesnt makes it dynamically cast something else, thanks for the replies

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Can macros still detect buffs?