06-04-10, 11:09 AM   #1
pauen
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Lightbulb Why does Varian get his own face and Thrall doesn't?

as seen in

thrall's face
http://lollinks.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/thrall.jpg
Varian's face
http://www.todowow.com/wp-content/up...3_original.jpg

they should totally redo a whole unique face for him,

and a few cataclysm ideas
i think blizzard should add new voices for your characters, as well as facial features, hair styles, hair colors, skin tones, and faces.
I heard that Cairne is dead in cataclysm and is why the taurens are paladins and priests now, can someone explain?

---------------------
Glyph of Mortal Strike
Glyph of Execution
Glyph of Rending

---------------------
Glyph of Charge
Glyph of Battle
Glyph of Bloodrage

Last edited by pauen : 06-04-10 at 11:13 AM.
06-04-10, 11:10 AM   #2
mankeluvsit
An Onyxian Warder

all i see is a blank file.
06-04-10, 12:55 PM   #3
Taryble
A Molten Giant

I dunno about Cairne being dead - I haven't heard yay or nay from people playing the Cat alpha.

About Taurens getting Priests and Paladins, though... if you go hang out in TB, in the building where Archdruid Hamuul Runetotem is, there's a druid and a warrior chatting back and forth.

The druid is talking about how he thinks the Tauren are missing something by following the Tauren Moon Goddess with their worship, and ignoring the Sun.

The belief is that the druid and warrior in that conversation decide to search into following the Tauren Sun God, and become the first Tauren Priest and Paladin.
06-04-10, 08:22 PM   #4
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
I dunno about Cairne being dead - I haven't heard yay or nay from people playing the Cat alpha.

About Taurens getting Priests and Paladins, though... if you go hang out in TB, in the building where Archdruid Hamuul Runetotem is, there's a druid and a warrior chatting back and forth.

The druid is talking about how he thinks the Tauren are missing something by following the Tauren Moon Goddess with their worship, and ignoring the Sun.

The belief is that the druid and warrior in that conversation decide to search into following the Tauren Sun God, and become the first Tauren Priest and Paladin.
And the first Holy Cow S*** was born!

Really, I can see how hard it is to implement new class/race combinations in a way that makes sense. But if it is THAT hard, why are they doing it, anyway? It was pretty fine the way they had it. I could even live with shamans still being horde and paladins being alliance only. At least two third of the new class/race combinations feel really nasty, imho. It's not fun having the same classes, but a different look. After all they should make either new classes (which is really hard to balance and also hard at some point, lore wise) or let it be.

Just my 2 cents ...

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

06-05-10, 01:07 AM   #5
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Well, my position on this is - at least they're foreshadowing it, unlike at the end of Vanilla and start of BC, when there was nothing in-game about these two entire RACES on the planet, who just sorta showed up and said, "Hi! We're here!"

Or at least, they're foreshadowing some of it - I haven't seen anything about Dwarven Shaman in Live yet, unless i just missed it horribly. Or Human/Undead Hunters, for that matter (leaving Gnomes as the only race in the game without access to the Hunter class)

I've seen in-game foreshadowing for Tauren Priests and Paladins, and for Night Elf Mages (for Alliance, there's even a quest that takes you from Dalaran to Darnassus, talking to two Highborne).
06-05-10, 01:56 AM   #6
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Personally, I think if there were Gnome hunters they would be mistaken for Cupid all the time...

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
06-05-10, 03:00 AM   #7
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Does he need his own face? Yall look alike anyway.

see what i did there?

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
06-05-10, 05:09 AM   #8
Soulofsin_007
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Thralls model is still from vanilla, I think when they brought Varian back to Stormwind, they redid his model completely. I could be wrong though.
06-05-10, 05:16 AM   #9
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

I thought they were going to give Thrall and the others new faces in Cata.
06-05-10, 05:23 AM   #10
pHishr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

'Cos Thrall is the awesomest of all characters in wow. He doesn't need his face redone
07-21-10, 05:23 AM   #11
Wikkidd
A Kobold Labourer
From what i have heard, Cairne is killed by Hellscream (because he doesnt agree with Hellscream's attack on the Forsaken and Blood elves) Who is taking over in orgrimmar as Thrall is returning to be one of the ascendance, Blood elves and Forsaken are not going to be "Pure" enough to be in his presence and will not be allowed into Orgrimmar in certain sections. (Civil war possibly?)

So Thrall may get a new image if he is going away from orgrimmar but as he wont be the leader anymore and will be seen alot less i highly doubt it.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Why does Varian get his own face and Thrall doesn't?