09-28-07, 03:28 AM   #1
royale
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Latest Baggins version... Lag/freezing when opening bags

I've been using Baggins for a long time now are really love it. However the version I use is giving UI Error messages now in 2.2, so I tried updating to the latest version of Baggins.

The problem I'm having with the new version is a noticable freezing of the UI every time I open my bags. I was used to the older version of Baggins only freezing my UI for a moment the first time I opened my bags after logging in or reloading the UI. But this new version of Baggins freezes my interface for a half second or so every time I open my bags up, which is not something I can handle.

If anyone knows of a way to get it back to the old, smoother functionality while still using the new version, please let me know. I didn't get any UI Error messages from the latest Baggins, but if I cannot get rid of that bag opening lag I'll have to find another bag addon. =(

Pre-CU SWG FTW.
09-28-07, 09:04 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Someone on the wowace forums said that they tracked their "extended" lag down to WhoDrop - do you use that mod? Anyway, it's been reported to the author and should be looked at.

edit: I do not use WhoDrop and do not have issues opening my bags.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-28-07, 10:28 AM   #3
Ev_
An Aku'mai Servant
I don't use WhoDrop, and I'm getting the same lag. I'm curious what people track this down to be.

EDIT: The new update says this in the changelog:
"Prevent unneeded tooltip updates, should help with freezing when bags are open."
I'll test it in a little bit.

Last edited by Ev_ : 09-28-07 at 12:13 PM.
09-28-07, 11:57 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
on the wowace forums, they said that that update fixed it.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-28-07, 12:13 PM   #5
Ev_
An Aku'mai Servant
Yep, it's all good now.
09-29-07, 06:57 AM   #6
royale
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Meh... it's not as bad as it was in the other update, but I tried today's update and it still gives me a split second of freezing. I don't use that other WoWDrop addon that was mentioned, so I know it can't be that. Hopefully a good version is available soon, I love that addon.

Pre-CU SWG FTW.

Last edited by royale : 09-29-07 at 07:12 AM.
10-02-07, 04:03 AM   #7
royale
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Bump. I disabled all my addons except for the latest release of Baggins and I'm still getting about a 1/4 second of freezing every time I open my inventory. Is it fine for everyone except me?

Pre-CU SWG FTW.
10-02-07, 01:52 PM   #8
Ev_
An Aku'mai Servant
The mentioned update fixed it for me. Try disablling ALL your addons and see if opening the default bags is laggy.
10-02-07, 03:11 PM   #9
royale
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Ev_
The mentioned update fixed it for me. Try disablling ALL your addons and see if opening the default bags is laggy.
Yeah, I disabled everything. Baggins was the only active addon, and I deleted the old /Addons/Baggins folder before installing the new one. But still, everytime I open my Baggins inventory the game hangs for a moment before the bags open and everything starts moving again.

Opening the default, Blizzard-style backpack bags works totally fine, it's only the Baggins inventory that lags.

The older version of Baggins I've been using never caused that problem, and is still working fine for the most part (although it does give me some UI errors), it's only when I try to use the new version.

Pre-CU SWG FTW.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Latest Baggins version... Lag/freezing when opening bags