09-18-12, 02:48 PM   #1
AngelPrice
A Murloc Raider
Carbonite LUA Errors

I downloaded the new Carbonite. I am using English version. When I log in I automatically get LUA errors for Carbonite and they won't stop coming. Is there a fix for this? A new version maybe? I love carbonite but I am tired of not being to play the game with it installed. I have deleted my wtf, interface, and cache folders. Reinstalled Carbonite and turned all other addons off and still I can't get it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

09-19-12, 12:06 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Are you using the latest version of Carbonite? The latest version is Carbonite 5.041.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

09-19-12, 03:03 AM   #3
dave_ames
A Defias Bandit
Carbonite 5.041 LUA Errors

Downloaded and installed CarboniteAddon version 5.041 and am getting thousands of LUA errors. Interface/Addon/Carbonite/Carbonite.lua:6796:GetAchievementcriteriaInfo.

They are coming so fast that i am unable to stop the count or even close the lua error window.

09-19-12, 07:06 AM   #4
AngelPrice
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Are you using the latest version of Carbonite? The latest version is Carbonite 5.041.
Yes I am using the most recent version of carbonite.

09-19-12, 04:59 AM   #5
dave_ames
A Defias Bandit
Update to LUA errors

This error occurred in Duskwood. Possible CRZ (cross-realm zone) issue. No errors in Night elf starting area, Stormwind, Goldshire, or Human starting area.

09-19-12, 07:08 AM   #6
AngelPrice
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by dave_ames View Post
This error occurred in Duskwood. Possible CRZ (cross-realm zone) issue. No errors in Night elf starting area, Stormwind, Goldshire, or Human starting area.
Mine did that in Duskwood as well while trying to level my warlock. I had to tell blizzard to not show lua errors just to get past it. It will say disable addons or ignore when it happens I say ignore it usually. Hope that helps out some Dave.

09-19-12, 07:31 AM   #7
AngelPrice
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by dave_ames View Post
Hi Dave,

I found a post that fixes this issue inside carbonite. If I might reccomend get Notepad++ it is a free program and breaks everything down by line number. Getting this allowed me to change all the code listed in the below forum post in about 5 minutes. I logged in and had no issues in duskwood after changing the code. Let me know if it works for you. Good Luck!
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=44327

09-20-12, 07:23 AM   #8
dave_ames
A Defias Bandit
Lua errors in Duskwood and wetlands

May thanks for the tip. Problem resolved in less than 5 minutes. Your help very greatly appreciated.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite LUA Errors