09-09-12, 03:42 PM   #1
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Carbonite 5.0

FYI: I am working on a 5.0 version of Carbonite. Three bugs have been fixed. I'm working on another I just found. It looks like I need to add info for new maps. I hope to have something out tonight.

09-09-12, 04:39 PM   #2
mccompunerd
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thanks for the update. Look forward to seeing your updated version.

09-09-12, 04:42 PM   #3
Hanter
A Fallenroot Satyr
Yes! Yes! Yes!

09-09-12, 05:00 PM   #4
milz2
A Defias Bandit
awesome that nearly 2 weeks after a patch comes out that the original addon writer has finally had the nerve to say something after the hundreds of posts asking where he has been.

09-09-12, 05:15 PM   #5
Animalm4st3r
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by milz2 View Post
awesome that nearly 2 weeks after a patch comes out that the original addon writer has finally had the nerve to say something after the hundreds of posts asking where he has been.
go crawl back under your stone and come back, after you've gotten the knowledge of how hard it is to code a addon even a simple one is more work then doing it in one day so go and shut up

09-09-12, 05:22 PM   #6
lindawing
A Murloc Raider
Goodness, yes! Agreeing with Animalm4st3r!

This is the best add-on I've ever used, and I'm just happy that this team has chosen to keep up with it. I've been very happy, in the meantime, for the fan update that has been provided to fill in the gap, because I was NOT having fun finding several different programs to do just half of what Carbonite does for the game!

Thank you, development team, for a wonderful add-on, and thank you over and over again for going on with it, now!

09-09-12, 06:22 PM   #7
WeaveDiva
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Animalm4st3r View Post
go crawl back under your stone and come back, after you've gotten the knowledge of how hard it is to code a addon even a simple one is more work then doing it in one day so go and shut up
no one said it was easy to code...what isn't hard is to take a few minutes of time to come on this site and answer one simple question which needs a Y or N answer. that is all everyone here wanted, including the fan who was helping out everyone else in the meantime.

go find your own stone and some manners, because a lot of people made every effort to contact the owners/authors...they couldn't have been unaware. i work more than one job, and i'm busy as heck, but i still check my email and answer my phone. that part isn't hard.

with that being said, i'm glad the authors are back to work on this...hoping we have a great version to guide our travels by the time MoP goes live...i'm sure we're all eager to test the updates!

09-10-12, 11:17 AM   #8
Meganbtoo
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Animalm4st3r View Post
You have obviously had your head somewhere the sun does not shine as Rythal fixed this for us within days of 5.0.4 being released, provided free updates as he fixed more of it and not only did it free but asked any contributions went to the original authors, who I believe release a bug filled patch.

09-10-12, 04:08 AM   #9
samatina
A Murloc Raider
Wow..have you lost your mind? Neither Faatal OR Rythal HAD to do anything to this addon. The carbonite authors owe us nothing at all. This entire addon is voluntary. Frankly, the authors could shut down this website right now and there wouldn't be a dang thing we could do about it. They are busy, life happens. And for those of you saying "well they SHOULD have answered us", there is no SHOULD in this situation. Now, grow up and be grateful. I know I am...to all of those involved keeping this addon alive. Instead of complaining, say THANK YOU.

THANK YOU Faatal and thank you again Rythal. My game is much more enjoyable with this addon and I appreciate all the time and work that has gone into this.

09-10-12, 04:59 AM   #10
Catitude
A Theradrim Guardian

Unhappy Quest Log is not working

I do apologize, after all of the hard work that has gone into getting this up and running I really hate to have to post an ooops something isn't quite right

Carbonite Quest Log which worked yesterday is now appearing once after I first login to a toon and is blank when it does show up (stayed blank even tho I left it up for 20 minutes hoping it just need time to aquire the info), when I try it again Blizzards Quest Log shows up no matter what I click.
My Maps from what I've seen so far are working beautifully. I still have the Carbonite Quest Objectives in place just not the log so I can't change what is being tracked.
I have tried reset, reload UI, I disabled all of my other addons. Cleared Carbonites Saved Variables after backing them up just to see & still not working

If it weren't for Carbonite & a couple of other addons, I would seriously have to rethink where I put the entirety of my personal entertainment budget.
When I don't have my Carbonite it takes at least 5x as long to accomplish anything ingame, sometimes more... & I find myself far less tolerant of Blizz Bugs
So thank you so much Faatal & you as well Rythal. This last couple of weeks has given me a much deeper appreciation of everything that goes into even the simplest of addons let alone something like this one.

Last edited by Catitude : 09-10-12 at 05:21 AM.

09-29-12, 12:38 AM   #11
Drencarnate
A Murloc Raider

I wish the author(s) would read this + let it sink in until they understand it.

09-29-12, 12:21 PM   #12
Emweekins8807
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy When is there going to be another update for MOP?

I really love this addon and using it for questing...it would be much appreciated if the quest system and maps were updated for MOP!

09-10-12, 02:16 PM   #13
pagandenma
A Defias Bandit
Lightbulb Some thoughts on all this

If you volunteer to do something, you don’t just drop the ball without an earth-shattering emergency on your hands. Otherwise, people will go elsewhere. I’ve volunteered many a time in my 40+ years of life and have done so now with my being my Guild’s GM. I replaced the old GM, who was leaving the game with his wife due to real-life issues and was wise enough to not simply let a then 4 ½ year old Guild simply die.

Even in game, Blizzard gives rights for a Guild to eject their Guild’s GM if they’re not on for 30 days. That’s ONE month, not several. And we GM’s don’t even get to solicit contributions to help us run the Guild; I know I give my time completely free (and I do it gladly; we’re a fun bunch!).

I was facing the possibility of being off WoW for a good chunk of time due to surgery, among other things. I called a Guild Officers meeting, kept everyone informed, and made sure I had people lined up to help me out if it was needed. It could have been very different if I’d had complications. But if that had been the case, I had backup – my excellent officer team for the Guild.

That’s how you run a volunteer project. I have 5 people other than me on my Guild leadership team. Don’t be stubborn about getting some more help for the project! Get some new blood and let them help you help the community. You and Carbonite will both be better for it.

09-13-12, 07:39 PM   #14
Beachcomber1
A Murloc Raider
I'd still like to see the pvp map split into a different addon.

I do not use anything else in Carbonite; in fact I have to disable it all because it wants to take over everything else in WoW. Plus you have a massive code base which is very difficult to keep updated through patches.

The pvp map is excellent; please help it survive future patches by separating it from the rest of Carbonite.

09-11-12, 03:19 AM   #15
Rooboy
A Kobold Labourer
As always you guys have done an awesome job updating the addon.
Thanks
Rooboy
Purgatory - Tich

09-11-12, 05:38 AM   #16
failcon
A Kobold Labourer
I have enjoyed this add-on for a while. I have thought about donating with each patch, but every time there is a delay for an update, and lil response/replies from the authors about those waits or bugs. I have no issue with someone claiming intellectual property and donating for such, but you have to also honor those whom you want money from.

If the task has become either more than you can handle or you are so far removed from the game as to be unable to timely and effectively maintain the add-on, then you either need to open it to the community, which has paid you, or add someone to your staff who still has a vested intrest in the game and will keep your team appraised of upcoming changes.

This is a loved add-on by many and improving the response time to patches and to the community will only further serve to increase donations from those like me who are willing but reluctant.

09-13-12, 11:21 PM   #17
ødin
A Kobold Labourer
Bugs

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
FYI: I am working on a 5.0 version of Carbonite. Three bugs have been fixed. I'm working on another I just found. It looks like I need to add info for new maps. I hope to have something out tonight.
Here is another Bug for you to look into, I first of all want to say think you for getting the update posted I know you have a lot of work into this but the Dungeon icon is not showing next to the mini map

09-29-12, 02:01 PM   #18
edkyle23
A Kobold Labourer
carbonite desperately needed

I actually had to drop a round up yak quest just now and hearthstone miles away because i couldn't find my way back to the quest giver. Wow maps and quests are horrible. OMG, I need carbonite!

09-29-12, 02:31 PM   #19
Reyne
A Murloc Raider

Awesome.. I can't wait.. thank you!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite 5.0