03-15-13, 11:35 PM   #1
Kelvryn
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy [5.2.1 alpha 7] Quest Frame Text Alignment Issue enus

The quest text is screwed up. Here is a pic.

As you can see the quest text isn't aligning as it should.

Last edited by Kelvryn : 03-22-13 at 03:01 PM. Reason: adding carb version to title.

03-15-13, 11:36 PM   #2
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Kelvryn View Post
The quest text is screwed up. Here is a pic.

As you can see the quest text isn't aligning as it should.
Confirming that I have this problem too...

03-22-13, 02:37 PM   #3
Kelvryn
A Murloc Raider
is there anyway i can fix this until an update is released?

03-23-13, 06:06 PM   #4
anteract
Premium Member
Premium Member
Just a Me too. Started back on the alpha that moved the configs to Ace libraries

04-08-13, 02:35 PM   #5
TristanDamian
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Same here, but you can use the Carbonite Questlog instead. That fixes it for now. Alt+L by default. You can change it in Carbonite's settings.

Right-click map -> Options -> Carbonite -> Quest Modules -> Remove the V from Use Alt-L instead of L for Carbonite Quests

Hope this helps.

04-20-13, 04:57 AM   #6
Gahera
A Murloc Raider
Bringing this bug to the front again. I have been encountering it since I updated to the Beta. (again, I had deleted WTF and Interface forlder prior so it shouldn't be an interference from the old version)

As suggested in last post, changing the option "Use Alt+L instead of L for Carbonite Quest" would fix it. Some times ticking the box fixed it some other times I had to take it off. This morning I got the quest "Runes of Compulsion" and with either settings the text would still not align properly.

I don't quite understand how Carbonite could affect this window as it doesn't have options to change anything in that frame.

Kind of an annoying bug but one we can live with until there is a fix.

Thanks for the great work Rythal

04-20-13, 10:05 AM   #7
[email protected]
A Kobold Labourer

Smile [5.2.1 alpha 9r2] Quest Log Items separated by questions marks

Revised: This was solved for me by using the curse client to uninstall Carbonite including all setting. Manually checking that all of the folders and settings were deleted and then reinstalling directly from the download page. I have played 3 characters up to now all Carbonite is working on all three.

This is the same for me whether I use the release version or any version up to and including the last alpha release. The quest log is usable but need to do a log of scrolling as you can see by the graphics.

I am not a lua programmer but I can imagine what you addon authors must go through with us nit picking your addon. I just want to say that you guys are fantastic and keep up the good work.

Last edited by [email protected] : 04-21-13 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Fixed; at least for me

04-20-13, 11:37 AM   #8
Gahera
A Murloc Raider
[email protected], this seems different that the issue that is presented in this thread.

Rythal, I realize this might be a bug that is hard to test if it doesn't happen for every quest so I found you a daily quest you can use on an Alliance character. Head to Northrend, Grizzly Hills, Amberpine Lodge. Just off the balcony, you can get a PVP daily quest from Scout Captain Carter. Her quest text extends beyond the frame.

Hope this helps.

04-20-13, 11:53 AM   #9
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yep, that definitely looks different... It looks broken.

04-20-13, 08:25 PM   #10
Gahera
A Murloc Raider
Have found an actual work around. Tested and confirmed, useful until the issue is resolved.

As mentioned by TristanDamian, untick box for "Use Alt-L instead of L for Carbonite Quests"

From my testing in the past couple of days, this has worked some times and other times it didn't do anything. However, I found an extra work around which has worked every time so far.

When you have am NPC quest frame open and you see that the text extend beyond the frame, simply hit "L" which should close your current frame and open the Blizzard Quest Log. Close quest log, talk to NPC and the text should be normal now.

Edit: I would like to add that the action I have described in this post seems to be a refresh of sort. I am using Pawn which shows an icon on the quest reward item that is worth the most. Sometimes the icon wouldn't show for some reasons. I noticed just now that my work around also fixes that.

Last edited by Gahera : 04-21-13 at 07:09 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quest Frame Text Alignment Issue