Freshly updated:

Where is your petframe?

06-14-10, 05:14 AM   #2463
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Ferous View Post
You should at least get iRaid or something similar Haylie, just incase :P

iRaid - http://www.wowinterface.com/download...457-iRaid.html
I've thought about that but I've been reluctant to use it since it seems to cause a bit of lag and I'm on a low end computer. But we'll see. I might just get Kong's UI Hider and display raid frames on mouseover or something.

Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
Where is your petframe?
The pet's health bar is the green colored bar to the bottom right of my own unitframe. There is a pet actionbar at the bottom of the screen that shows on mouseover.

06-14-10, 02:13 PM   #2464
nin
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
not much has changed. playing with fonts and positions mostly.. :P

http://img808.imageshack.us/f/swsr.jpg/

06-14-10, 08:45 PM   #2465
Leitka
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
No raid shots yet since we're done for the week.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/383...1410211632.jpg
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/242...1410211622.jpg
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/885...1410211431.jpg

06-15-10, 12:16 AM   #2466
cosmicB
A Murloc Raider

>>ooh pretty and bright

06-15-10, 01:01 AM   #2467
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Leitka, that ui looks pretty scrumptious, is that the same ui you have linked in your sig? If so I will definately check it out and if not, it should be.

- Winston Churchill

06-15-10, 01:13 AM   #2468
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Very spiffy. The chat/meters "pocketed" in the bottom bar has given me an idea I must test out. Can't wait till i can finally get back in the game on Friday. Been stewing on UI ideas for a month now lol.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

06-15-10, 04:01 AM   #2469
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

That's a pretty sharp lookin UI! I like the way you've implemented SexyCooldown and Skada..... although I'm not keen on the gradient texture. Will you be adding matching pixel borders to the actionbar buttons? That would really finish things up nicely imho.

It's nice to see something that looks a bit different than the norm!

06-15-10, 04:18 AM   #2470
Wella

A bit too bright. It would be hard to read numbers on those pixel fonts at a quick glance. The buttons are also way too shiny. If you made the whole thing less in-your-face-dazzling, it would be a pretty damn nice UI. Everything you've done with the bottom bar is really nice.
* ncHoverBind - I'm a Lock, what can you expect?
* oGlow - Agan, a missing feature
* Recount - Derp
* ShooShards - Another missing feature

"Your idea is good. So i will try it."
- popmissa

06-15-10, 04:33 AM   #2471
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

I wish more US folks would follow your example and post here as well, not just the US forums. That way us Euros can critique your UIs too, not just stare longingly at them

Anyways, I have to agree with the previous posters: the thing is just a tiny bit too bright, and the pixel font bothers me. It's not ugly, but it doesn't have that "at a glance" quality. Another issue I see is Skada: I assume you use one window for threat and another for DPS. In the heat of battle, having those two look exactly the same and right next to each other is not a very good idea. I'd consider at least making one window's bars have a different texture, or make threat bars grey and your own threat bar red to distinguish it better at a glance.

06-15-10, 04:48 AM   #2472
Wella

Or you could have DPS shown out of combat and threat shown in combat. DPS isn't really needed in combat, if you think about it.
* Recount - Derp

- popmissa

06-15-10, 07:01 AM   #2473
pHishr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by haylie View Post
I wish more US folks would follow your example and post here as well, not just the US forums. That way us Euros can critique your UIs too, not just stare longingly at them
THIS!!!!!!

06-15-10, 08:21 AM   #2474
Leitka
An Aku'mai Servant

A note on the brightness: these were taken on a color corrected monitor that I use for school, because the color correction info isn't shared with the game-window, I had to brighten them in photoshop. Since the lights were off, the levels on them are quite bright, but definitely not screen-accurate. It's far less in-your-face in-game :P

As for the criticism on the layout;

One of the great parts of using Skada is the ability to have seperate windows. I use two, one (typically) for damage, and one for threat because a single window would be too wide to match the cutout area (that I intend to stay symmetrical) without having far too much blank space left on the bars. Having the second window that I can configure to whatever dependant upon the raid is nice to have, anyway. It's a pretty effortless way to track other players interrupts on fights where I have to kick; heroic LDW, for example.

I do have a matching 3-pixel ButtonFacade skin (see buffs/debuffs), however I placed the actionbars inside their own unified panel with colors to somewhat replicate the effect without being too harsh with the blacks in the center (otherwise, it would be 2 black lines to every grey line, horizontally. Equaling out to 88 black lines and 44 grey lines, so my worry with that is that it may actually darken that element too much)

I agree about the button gloss, though. I've grown used to having them so bright that I just haven't toned down the gloss since I reworked the texture of the gloss file :P
On the buffs/debuffs, the gloss tends to be more powerful at the top to differentiate the stacks text from the icon while still letting me keep them tightly grouped.

Anyway, here's a straight screencap. The others are definitely too bright looking, I blame that on sleepiness and my Huey overcompensating for my bedroom lights being off :P

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/6374/...1410211022.jpg

06-15-10, 08:46 AM   #2475
Wella

Muuuch better. I really like this UI!
* Recount - Derp

- popmissa

06-15-10, 08:47 AM   #2476
nin
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Thumbs up

Is the shadow on the fonts intentional? on some fonts you use it and some you don't :P

couple things i'd change personally is powerbarcolor and stack text font on actionbars... is it just me or does omnicc text look a little off?

Overall i think it's very solid work. :>

06-15-10, 08:57 AM   #2477
Leitka
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by nin View Post
Is the shadow on the fonts intentional? on some fonts you use it and some you don't :P

couple things i'd change personally is powerbarcolor and stack text font on actionbars... is it just me or does omnicc text look a little off?

Overall i think it's very solid work. :>
Font outline is added to everything, shadowing is missing on Skada's window titles and on the cooldown bar simply because I haven't figured out a way to force the shadow on them.

OmniCC's font size is correct, just looks off in that screenshot due to the pinkish-red hue mine have at the end of a cooldown, pretty notorious color for warping perspective :P

I'm not sure how to go about changing the stack font other than switched to rButtonStyler

06-15-10, 09:02 AM   #2478
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

Imo everything is focused a bit to low (except buffs ofcourse).

Perhaps you can consider placing the actionbar a bit higher and make it like you made minimap/chat and skada, with the cooldownmeter (omniCC AND cd meter?) like you have now but just a pixel or 2 above the actionbar.

And I would place your UF's higher, so it's easier to track in a raid environment.

06-15-10, 10:08 AM   #2479
Leitka
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
Imo everything is focused a bit to low (except buffs ofcourse).

Perhaps you can consider placing the actionbar a bit higher and make it like you made minimap/chat and skada, with the cooldownmeter (omniCC AND cd meter?) like you have now but just a pixel or 2 above the actionbar.

And I would place your UF's higher, so it's easier to track in a raid environment.
I don't consider them too low from a functionality standpoint due to the fact that as a melee, my actual UI is of little direct importance to my raid performance, however from an aesthetic point I kinda agree, so I mocked this together in Photoshop since the servers are still down. I've also lined the upper border of the target UF up with the tops of the side panels for cohesion.

The duality of cooldown information from both the bar and OmniCC I've kept since having a method of viewing the information presented comparatively as well as having a static confirmation (the OmniCC buttons) can be functionally viable, depending on the environment. I like being able to gauge cooldowns in comparison to one another, but due to the sheer amount of cooldowns I work with as an engineer and a combat rogue, running with the bar alone would cause too much icon clutter to properly gauge on its own. So it's sort of a compromise.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UI_mockup.jpg
Views:	705
Size:	275.6 KB
ID:	4412  

06-15-10, 10:24 AM   #2480
Wella

Your OmniCC timers are definitely off there. Also, I say remove all the pixel font shadows, as they stand out a bit too much at the moment.
* Recount - Derp

- popmissa

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...