12-29-09, 12:31 AM   #1
pauen
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Warlock question (fear spell)

I've noticed that the fear spell is very useful to warlocks, however i have recognized that in the previous patches warlocks would consecutively use fear on me and keep dealing damage, as in the spell goes through it's whole duration... in patch 3.3 did they add the chance to break the spell when the target is attacked? cause that same fear effect spell is now shorter now........
im not very familiar of warlocks and such,
12-29-09, 04:36 AM   #2
xandora
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Fear has always had a damage threshold that will break once passed that I remember. It also has a diminishing return in PvP scenarios.

Last edited by xandora : 12-29-09 at 04:39 AM. Reason: Only played for about ~2 years.
12-29-09, 07:39 AM   #3
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
mwuhahaha, thats the power of the warlock

seriously, try to use insignia's of the alliance/horde or any other trinkets and such that help you get control of your character back.

i think that the shammy's totem to break fear should also work.

When dealing with a warlock, make sure to stun him first with a rogue/warrior friend and keep the stun up while you kill the lock. Make sure he doesn't have the time to cast death coil, thats instant fear for a few seconds, and good locks need only that small amount of time to either cast the big fear, or nuke you down almost completely.

so recap: be quick and don't let the lock do anything, so make sure to stun/sap/etc to make sure you can nuke him down withouth him casting anything.
01-19-10, 08:35 AM   #4
Peezy
A Murloc Raider
haha i love my lock for that specific reason...lol...love the fear....but i believe there is a damage cap before the fear will be broken..i think its the same with howl of terror if im not mistaken too...not sure bout that tho...
01-19-10, 09:36 AM   #5
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Peezy View Post
haha i love my lock for that specific reason...lol...love the fear....but i believe there is a damage cap before the fear will be broken..i think its the same with howl of terror if im not mistaken too...not sure bout that tho...
howl of terror.... now that brings back some pvp memories from when you could still spec it as an instant cast ^^

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Class Discussions » Warlock question (fear spell)