09-01-09, 08:52 PM   #1
quixadhal
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Removing a single route node?

Hi guys!

Absolutely loving Carbonite. One feature I was wondering about... when you've created a route of nodes (such as gather locations), is there any way to remove a single node from the chain?

In many cases, I can't get to (or don't want to go all the way around a mountain range) a single node, and would love to be able to have a "remove node" option in the right-click menu of the minimap, so I could skip that one and continue on.

At present, you either have to get close enough to "ding" every node or clear your entire route (via clear goto)... unless I'm missing an option somewhere?

Thanks!

Oh, while I'm at it... it just occured to me that it might ALSO be nice if you could visit nodes out of order and have it recalculate your path, as quite often I find myself criss-crossing over nodes further down the list.

Last edited by quixadhal : 09-01-09 at 08:59 PM. Reason: node ordering idea too.

09-02-09, 12:43 AM   #2
Jigain
A Molten Giant

There's a keybinding you can set (go into Blizzard's keybindings and scroll down to the Carbonite section) that allows you to skip the current goto location. I use that frequently, I have it bound to §, right next to my number keys.

09-02-09, 02:45 PM   #3
quixadhal
A Fallenroot Satyr

Oh, awesome. That works.

Thanks!

09-02-09, 03:20 PM   #4
Jigain
A Molten Giant

The same information can also be found in the stickied guide "Carbonite Nodes, Routing and You", under the heading "--What if I don't want to go to one of the targets? Maybe it's misplaced, out of reach, or too close for comfort to an outpost of the other faction?"

09-03-09, 12:55 PM   #5
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by quixadhal View Post
Oh, while I'm at it... it just occured to me that it might ALSO be nice if you could visit nodes out of order and have it recalculate your path, as quite often I find myself criss-crossing over nodes further down the list.
That would not be an easy change. Carbonite does not currently remember visits of "gotos", so if it recalculated, it would use every node again.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Removing a single route node?