11-07-08, 11:02 AM   #1
Ogerking
A Murloc Raider
Anyone with knowledge on using TrackIR in WOW?

The son of a friend wants to play World of Warcraft but has limited mobility due to birth defects. UI's in conjunction with the appropriate hardware would appear to be the way to go.

He uses a system called TrackIR from naturalpoint.com to move his view when playing some other games and using a computer. This is an infared (I think) system with dots attached to a baseball cap with the tracking device on the monitor. He can change view fairly extensively by moving his head only slightly. He then uses a Nostromo (sp?) speedpad to click off on macros.

It's moving his view that gets him bogged down in games like WOW.

I've tried in many other forums to find someone who has been able to get this to work in WoW and am hoping to find someone in this forum with such knowledge.

If you have please post in this thread because we (his dad and I) have tried everything we can think of to get this to work. Neither of us are computer programmers, but we can do basic work and have gotten the system to work in other games.

Thanks.
11-07-08, 04:40 PM   #2
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I know a guy with MD that uses a Nostro 52 for all of his abilties, and a trackball to target and zoom in and out (change camera angles, etc..). He seems to do okay with that setup because he can pretty much keep his hands and arms in a 'normal' position and get the function most would get from the 'standard' computer set up.

I'll watch this thread though and pass along any info you get, thanks for bringing this to WoWI, I'd likely never see it anywhere else.

Good luck.

Edit: BTW, he uses a barmod designed for the N52 (Nostro pad)
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...09-N52Bar.html

Last edited by Yhor : 11-07-08 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Added info.
11-07-08, 06:58 PM   #3
Ogerking
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the lead on the Nostromo UI.

We will continue working on this. There was a post back in 2006 at the Warcraft forums on this issue and someone being able to do this back in 2.0, but nothing since.

Will keep trying. This whole genre is wonderful for folks with physical disabilities. Sure lets my friends son be just one of the guys when he's playing games with us.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Anyone with knowledge on using TrackIR in WOW?