04-18-09, 05:33 AM   #1
Troox
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
FeatureData, Actionbar Bindings and more...

I got a few Questions

1) WTF are Feature Data Objects (fdo)? When i create a new fdo i cant edit it, only Raw Data is possible - but how should i know what to enter there? Any Guides available?

2) Actionbar/Petbarbindings and Mousebuttons.
**a) Please add them, its a pain to assign the Mousebuttons to the RDX Bars from the bindings-cache.wtf File
**b) When a Actionbar is on the bottom of the screen and you try to assign a key - the "OK" Box goes out of the Screen.
**c) Please add Offset X/Y for Font Key/Macro/Count

3) I made some personal Raidframes (Beta) and want a Line to show some important Playerbuffs/Debuffs as Text like Shieldwall, Power Infusion, Divine Shield, Weakened Soul, Ice Block. How can this be done? Aura Filter? Feature Data? Filterset? Info Text to Display them? Can anyone Help me? Maybe a OOBE to look at?

4) My Raidframes use (i use them as Unitframes, too - so no Group/Raid for the test!)

Variable: Unit In Set, Variable Name : hasaggro, Set class : Has Aggro
Color: Conditional Color: ccAggro, Cond. hasaggro_flag, TrueColor: red, FalseColor: ClassColor
Nameplate with Color Variable: ccAggro

When my Rogue alt gains Aggro, the Nameplate changes from Yellow > Red. With my Hunter it changes too, when I get Aggro and change back to Green when my Pet gains Aggro. With my Main (Priest) - nothing! The Nameplate stays white. Why?

5) Some Tooltips for Buffs are wrong on Targets. A Raidmember has a Foodbuff from "Picked Fangtooth" with 12 mp5/40 sta, but the Tooltip from the RDX Aura shows 40 agi/40 sta. Is it possible to add a Tooltip for Weaponbuffs, too. (e.g. Rogue Poisons)

6) Color: Threat Color - still buggy? I cant get that to work. Used 4 static colors, Color: Threat Color and a Nameplate. Error on compile.

thats all, sorry for my bad english and this long story

Last edited by Troox : 04-18-09 at 06:59 AM.
04-18-09, 09:04 AM   #2
Dgrimes
A Black Drake

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Feature Data objects are objects that are just features from a unitframe, actionbar or window. To get them properly it is best to export them from a unitframe, action bar or window and then you link them back into a unitframe, action bar or window using the "Proxy: File" feature. They are useful if you are making a window very dynamic for the end user to add or remove functions depending on a script.

What do you mean by mousebuttons for action/pet bars? If you mean keybinds(ie: keyboard) then it supports it fully.

As for the "OK" button going off screen I know it is annoying, but you can always assign the key and then press the "ESC" key and it will assign the key to the button and allow you to edit other buttons.

As for #3, do you want a status bar with the text? If so I would advise using the aurabar feature and then making it sort by name including the buffs/debuffs you want to use. You will have to make two features thought, one for buffs and one for debuffs. If you want it to show just simple text if a unit has the buff or debuff, make a filterset for each buff or debuff and use the "Unit In Set" feature and then make a "Static Text" feature and then a show/hide for the static text using the Unit In Set flag.

As for #4 do you gain aggro on your priest?
04-18-09, 05:22 PM   #3
Narinka
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
As for aggro it sometimes behave quite weird.. It didn't worked for yellow mobs in start zone of blood elfs for me.
05-07-10, 05:08 PM   #4
Kcori
A Black Drake
Yeah, Im not sure how the aggro flag works with RDX. I have the same issue as Narinka, if the mob is Natural the aggro flag won't work. Also I've notice that if I'm attacking a mob ill have aggro, but if I target a different mob while the first mob is still attacking me the aggro flag don't seem to show i have aggro.
05-08-10, 11:03 AM   #5
Timalis
An Aku'mai Servant
3) I made some personal Raidframes (Beta) and want a Line to show some important Playerbuffs/Debuffs as Text like Shieldwall, Power Infusion, Divine Shield, Weakened Soul, Ice Block. How can this be done? Aura Filter? Feature Data? Filterset? Info Text to Display them? Can anyone Help me? Maybe a OOBE to look at?
You can use an AuraBars feature and then use an aurafilter list to only allow it to show what you want. Can either use the in feature editor and "hard code" them or make an aurafilter outside the unitframe to make it dynamic and easier to add/remove stuff from.

Using the Aurabar feature will allow you to have a timer associated with it so you know how much time is left. Always handy in my opinion.

I think there is a way to use a customText with a script or an infoText with auraData and filters, but I always just use the auraBars for things like this. Less mucking around in hyperspace sort of thing.

Variable: Unit In Set, Variable Name : hasaggro, Set class : Has Aggro
Color: Conditional Color: ccAggro, Cond. hasaggro_flag, TrueColor: red, FalseColor: ClassColor
Nameplate with Color Variable: ccAggro
I do mine a similar way. Though I color either the background of a subframe, or do an overlay of the base frame depending on which raid frame it is. I find it works about 80% of the time. I've not noticed any individual classes that don't work on a regular basis. And I've not had problems getting my warrior, shaman, or pally to get an aggro reading on a neutral "yellow" mob type. It always throws the flag up.

6) Color: Threat Color - still buggy? I cant get that to work. Used 4 static colors, Color: Threat Color and a Nameplate. Error on compile.
Did you add the threat variables to the unitframe? Perhaps the threat colors are linked to needing the variable to work.
05-08-10, 11:04 AM   #6
Timalis
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Kcori View Post
Yeah, Im not sure how the aggro flag works with RDX. I have the same issue as Narinka, if the mob is Natural the aggro flag won't work. Also I've notice that if I'm attacking a mob ill have aggro, but if I target a different mob while the first mob is still attacking me the aggro flag don't seem to show i have aggro.
Odd. I use the aggro flag on my tanks and even if I am not targeting what they have aggro from it shows they have it. Lemme see if I can export my really stupid simple tank window's aggro stuff and will post it.

Edit: Attached. One of the ways I do it. As I said really stupid simple.
Attached Files
File Type: zip oobe_Tank.zip (2.2 KB, 658 views)

Last edited by Timalis : 05-08-10 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Addes OOBE
05-08-10, 11:25 AM   #7
Timalis
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Kcori View Post
And it just hit me.. are you using the hasaggro flag in a target window or in a group window?

And it also just hit me, it would make sense that the hasAggro flag is for group, where as the threatColors are for your target. Possible that the threatColors will just work when the window is a singleunitframe type, that is just for target/tot/tott, focus/tof, etc etc?

Last edited by Timalis : 05-08-10 at 11:28 AM. Reason: blah blah mumble mumble

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » FeatureData, Actionbar Bindings and more...