12-19-12, 11:26 AM   #1
Protons
Premium Member
Premium Member
Blood Tank - Forum resources

Lately I've been using Elitist Jerks (EJ) and Icy-Veins to figure out rotations, stat weighting, spec, glyphs, etc. I understand that there is no longer a one spec fits all. Are there better resources out there other than these two that go into more detail about Blood Tanking? I've given Ask Mr. Robot (AMR) a try, but the stat weights don't match up with what other forums suggest. I'd like to get the input of the community's tanks on where they do their research for tanking.

Currently, I'm giving AMR a try to see how it weighs with EJ. Here is what AMR shows: Rutan Crushridge
12-19-12, 11:29 AM   #2
Protons
Premium Member
Premium Member
Let me preface this by stating that I understand mastery is very important to Blood Tanks. Also that Parry must be quite a bit higher than Dodge due to the defense changes since the expansion was released. Yet, many websites seems to contradict eachother on how much Mastery is "Too Much" mastery. Hence why I'm trying the AMR a try to see if a conversion of some stats into stamina (aka gems/enchants) is better than the 150%+ mastery.
12-20-12, 01:45 AM   #3
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Right now I'm using Ask Mr Robot for my Blood tank (all my toons really), and using the Hit/Exp gearing strategy with the Relative gear ranking. If I get what I need for Hit/Exp and Dodge/Parry then I balance the rest out with Mastery and Stam regardless of what the site advises. Currently I can out heal/DPS the other blood tanks in my guild and they have much much better gear than I have along with much higher mastery ratings. I totally attribute this to Hit and Expertise.

In conjunction with Ask Mr Robot I use Noxxic for rotation advice, and Elitist Jerks macro advice on balancing out dodge and parry.

I was using the Mastery gearing strat on Ask Mr Robot, but I'm getting much better results with the Hit/Exp strat. Your own personal mileage may vary.
12-20-12, 02:05 AM   #4
unstoppixel
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I use AMR too, but I have been using the main Mastery strat. I figure if Death Strike works, even if you miss, then the only real reason to up your hit is for Scent of Blood. Which isn't a bad reason... but it didn't compel me enough to use it.

Right now AMR has a lot of emphasis on stamina though, which I'm still not 100% sure I agree on. There is heated debate about it on their forums... it is nice to see 700k+ when buffed though lol.
12-20-12, 08:58 AM   #5
Protons
Premium Member
Premium Member
Could I get a link to your armories? I'd like to see where I stand compared to the two of you stat stacking wise. I've not had an issue tanking yet, but might as well tweak, practice and perfect right?
12-20-12, 10:55 AM   #6
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Keep in mind that your gear is way better than mine. I'm still in a butt-load of blacksmithing gear.

Petrah, Nesingwary (US). Compare here: http://www.wow-heroes.com/compare/

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Class Discussions » Blood Tank - Forum resources