02-15-12, 03:39 PM   #1
Bormes
A Kobold Labourer
LF Addon: Daily Quest Completed (for all chars)

I was wondering if there's an addon, specifically one that uses LibDataBroker (so it will appear on my Bazooka Bar), that shows how many daily quests I've completed on each of my chars. I have 6 chars, and do anywhere from 2-5 dailies on each of them and it'd be nice to be able to have it keep track and be able to check which ones I've done so far each day, simply by mousing over an icon/text on my bazooka bar. It'd be just like the addons that keep track of gold on each char and show the totals when you mouseover, only for one's daily quest tally.

ie: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/broker-currency for daily quests

I've searched high and low for one. Altoholic allows me to see my quest logs for each char, but doesn't show the daily quests completed tally. Anyone know? I feel like it'd be a fairly straightforward addon. Maybe if it doesn't exist I'll use this as an excuse to learn a little addon coding.

EDIT: I tried Daily To-Dos but it was limited to only rep and prof dailies. I'm doing V-Day dailies now, which don't seem supported, along with some others. And it also didn't show me my daily progress tally across chars, just the progress specific to the dailies it supported (rep/prof).

Last edited by Bormes : 02-15-12 at 05:47 PM.
02-19-12, 04:50 PM   #2
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't know of anything like this offhand. Its complexity can be annoying depending on what you want it to do. For example, do you want it to list each individual quest that a player has completed, or do you just want it to list the count of the dailies done?

In general, the addon would need to record whatever information it wants in one saved variables file. It would have to have the information grouped by realm and player within the realm. It would have to record when the last update was because on the next daily restart the old information is no longer valid.

The addon should not be too tough, and I would suggest just implementing the count of the dailies done first instead of actually recording which ones were done.
02-19-12, 09:13 PM   #3
Othgar
"That" Guy

I'm not sure if still works or not but try Daily-To-Do's it sounds like something very close to what you're looking for except that it won't track multiple characters at once. I don't know of any addon that will do that.

02-20-12, 07:37 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Othgar View Post
... Daily-To-Do's it sounds like something very close to what you're looking ...
*cough*

Originally Posted by Bormes View Post
I tried Daily To-Dos but it was limited to only rep and prof dailies. I'm doing V-Day dailies now, which don't seem supported, along with some others. And it also didn't show me my daily progress tally across chars, just the progress specific to the dailies it supported (rep/prof).

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » LF Addon: Daily Quest Completed (for all chars)