11-04-09, 09:44 AM   #21
kneeki
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The unit frames would be the easiest to code I think. Since there is no minimap, and only a compass, it would take some artistically minded work to get a theme that would match Borderlands.

I'd think that coding the whole thing from scratch would be the easiest thing to do, as you would most likely have to include another addon which does warping and addex textures to the generic customizable unit frame addons anyway. I like this idea though, sounds like a challenge.
11-04-09, 04:14 PM   #22
iSylvir
A Cyclonian

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Exactly my thoughts. I just need the textures. ><
11-06-09, 03:47 AM   #23
Folji
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

My offer about the textures still stands open. Just tell me what you want and how you want it (the more details the better), and I can see about supplying you with it.
11-06-09, 08:40 PM   #24
iSylvir
A Cyclonian

Well just look at the screenshots and do your best to mimic the textures. I'm not that picky, and i'll modify them if theres anything I see that could be tweaked.
By the way, what program do you use?
11-07-09, 06:52 AM   #25
Folji
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I work in Adobe Photoshop CS4, as well as a couple of other programs.

EDIT: Also, I'll be saving all the textures as TGA files; full opacity black and white with an alpha channel, so you can hopefully use them as easily as possible in whatever ways you want.

EDIT 2: Say, do you want the health/mana frames or whatnot tilted slightly upwards like they appear in the screenshots, or do you just want them straight and flat?

Last edited by Folji : 11-07-09 at 07:54 AM.
11-07-09, 08:21 AM   #26
iSylvir
A Cyclonian

I think we should straighten them out, just so it looks a little neater. It shouldn't take away too much from the UI experience that much, if any.

As for the compass, I wonder how i'd work that in... The mini map will be worked in to match the borderlands theme, as well as any buttons and whatnot I may have to include.

This is turning out great guys. Thanks for all the good ideas and keep them coming!

As for the class pictures, I'm just going to black and white the default class pictures and make em look borderlands-ish in photoshop.

Last edited by iSylvir : 11-07-09 at 08:25 AM.
11-07-09, 01:05 PM   #27
iSylvir
A Cyclonian

I'm going to bump/double post for the sole importance of the next request. If anyone at all has a great eye for font types, I could use someone to tell me which font is featured in the Borderlands UI. Thankya
11-07-09, 02:13 PM   #28
Dawn
A Molten Giant

I would stick to the theme and don't change that much... Especially not straight bars And especially not because it's "easier" to reproduce - which it is not, it makes no difference, it just looks wrong.

After all that's what makes this interface so nice and interesting, isn't it? This could be done fast and easy with oUF, but I still doubt more than a few people are interested in this...
11-07-09, 02:35 PM   #29
Folji
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Well, I've finished the textures (which honestly weren't many or hard to do), so you can expect them in the e-mail account you posted soon enough. Provided both regular straight versions and 2% rotated versions just in case, so you can pretty much just pick what you prefer to use.
11-07-09, 03:56 PM   #30
iSylvir
A Cyclonian

Thank you very much. Ill open em sunday night when I'm at my house, at this time i'm not home.
11-07-09, 04:52 PM   #31
Folji
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

If you end up preferring to use the angled textures in the UI, but find the provided textures a bit choppy, don't hesitate to say so. Just gave them a quick tilt for the sake of providing them, and the process isn't completely lossless, but it shouldn't take that much time to just redraw them with an ideally smoother lining.
11-07-09, 05:03 PM   #32
iSylvir
A Cyclonian

that and i'm not completley incompitent with Photoshop. I just dont know how to make textures >_< This is good motivation to figure it out. If you wish to redraw them, feel free, it takes off of my workload, but if your pressed with other things, don't worry about it, i'll get to it.
11-07-09, 05:55 PM   #33
iSylvir
A Cyclonian

Well, now I just need another coder.
They must be competent and understanding. They have to have an in depth knowledge of the Lua and XML codings, as well as the API. If anyone is interested, please email me at [email protected]
Thank you very much.
11-08-09, 06:40 AM   #34
suicidalkatt
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
I don't think that will properly work with wow. Nameplates have a very short range. And I doubt that getting a targets position via lua and thus showing something over it's head is possible. Guess you need to find a place for the targets bar and auras. WoW is a little more complex.
Look into Tidy Plates, you can create your own custom textures and make your own nameplates.
11-08-09, 06:52 AM   #35
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by suicidalkatt View Post
Look into Tidy Plates, you can create your own custom textures and make your own nameplates.
Even better, you can look at my lightweight core code of ncNameplates. It shows a class icon over people's head and it is easily modifiable to remove that part and use the texture you want. I am willing to edit my addon for this UI, pm me if you are interested.
11-08-09, 08:36 AM   #36
iSylvir
A Cyclonian

Nice to see we've caught the eyes of some addon authors. I'll see about both of these namplates, but to be honest, its not on of my big concerns right now, as it's not graphically key to this UI until we have the basic user interface se up first.
11-08-09, 09:57 AM   #37
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Do you have any "beta" screenshots already?

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

11-09-09, 06:54 AM   #38
iSylvir
A Cyclonian

Right now I've ran into some issues with the unit frames and am currently trying to work this out. I don't think beta-shots will be out for awhile.
11-25-09, 03:03 PM   #39
iSylvir
A Cyclonian

UPDATE!

Unit Bars are almost finished.
11-25-09, 03:13 PM   #40
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Oh nice! That looks good

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Borderlands Themed User Interface