07-14-10, 06:56 AM   #1
dietbert
A Kobold Labourer
Minimap causes FPS drop // Issues with other addons

Hello there,

recently a bug with Carbonite (and maybe another addon) occurred. It's somewhat reproducible although I cannot locate the problem yet.
After doing a random dungeon (heroic or normal, maybe also nonrandom, but not raids) during which I close the minimap, I get a huge FPS drop, when I reopen the minimap in the normal world. Instead of ~60 fps, I get 10-15 fps. This happens on my level 80 hunter toon, but neither on my level 80 warrior nor on my level 80 rogue.

I think this is caused by Carbonite, because when the minimap is closed, everything is okay. If it's opened, the FPS go down. There are no LUA errors. If I only use Carbonite and disable all other addons, the effect is less pronounced (drop to 45-50 fps). If I disable Carbonite and use all other addons, the problem does not occur. I was not able to locate the problem yet, because I hesitated to check every single addon in combination with Carbonite (I usually wait 15 to 20 minutes for a random heroic dungeon group).

I use the most recent Carbonite addon, all other of my addons are up-to-date as well.

Are there any more addons, which are known to interfere with Carbonite, than those listed on carboniteaddon.com? A complete list of my addons can be found here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8314775/Addons.png
I don't actually use all of them on the toon who has these problems, but maybe it might give a hint. Also, all addons I use with my hunter, I also use with my warrior, which doesn't have this problem.

Yours sincerely,
d.

07-14-10, 01:09 PM   #2
stieke77
A Kobold Labourer
i got the same fps drop.comming from 65+(with carbonite of carbonite on 15 to 25 fps.there is a fix but i can not seem to find it how to fix this in the lua file.
i hope the makers of carbonite wil fix this issue.in the meanwile i will disable carbonite all together!

07-24-10, 11:33 AM   #3
Psipherious
A Defias Bandit
I also get this issue and run a hell of a lot of addons too (at least as many as the OP). I've loved Carbonate for so long, used it for the past couple years but recently had to disable it because of this new lag. So sad.

07-27-10, 08:21 AM   #4
joshmiller83
Premium Member
Premium Member
My wife and I both used to run Carbonite and were Carbonite Supporters. Up until after 3.3.5 Carbonite worked fine, but after 3.3.5 Carbonite does have huge FPS Lag spikes. We both disabled Carbonite and the issues go away. I run 10 or less FPS with Carbonite and 40-50 without. And the lag spikes even got worse upon looting, a mob dieing, any kind of system update I guess you could call it.

07-31-10, 03:45 PM   #5
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I just installed this as a friends request so we could do some leveling together and my FPS went from 80s - 90s down to 30s or even at times 20s fps.
I disabled the addon and zero FPS drop issues.
Never had this problem before when I played (I recently came back to WoW.)

I guess this is a new thing then?

08-01-10, 11:54 AM   #6
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Interesting. I get 80+ (sometimes over 100) fps with Carbonite installed. In Dalaran. On an iMac.

08-01-10, 02:28 PM   #7
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
Interesting. I get 80+ (sometimes over 100) fps with Carbonite installed. In Dalaran. On an iMac.
40-45 in Dalaran, 65-70 outside of it, with Carbonite. On a PC.

08-13-10, 10:30 AM   #8
elethor25
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by joshmiller83 View Post
My wife and I both used to run Carbonite and were Carbonite Supporters. Up until after 3.3.5 Carbonite worked fine, but after 3.3.5 Carbonite does have huge FPS Lag spikes. We both disabled Carbonite and the issues go away. I run 10 or less FPS with Carbonite and 40-50 without. And the lag spikes even got worse upon looting, a mob dieing, any kind of system update I guess you could call it.
I have the same issue. I lose about 20 fps just by having it enabled, and I get frequent screen freezes/fps lag spikes. I LOVE the addon but I can't play with spikes like this. Does anyone have any info about this?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Minimap causes FPS drop // Issues with other addons