05-15-06, 04:53 PM   #1
slacky
A Murloc Raider
dynamic loading of a frame in a frame

hi

im trying to create my own addon and for that, i want a kind of "table with various people to display like in uh say "Damagemeters" (everyone should know this one) but with another purpose. So my technical problem is that when a player joins the communication channel (yes its networking) for my addon i want to add another row to my table of players. i've seen some code concerning CreateFrame() and such but i have to admit thats way to complicated for me until now. Is there any other possibility to show 1 row of data for each player to join the channel my addon will use for communication? hope this makes sense..
05-15-06, 05:15 PM   #2
Iriel
Super Moderator
WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Really you have to pick between the two 'evils'.

1) Create only what you need, and when you need more use CreateFrame (it's not THAT bad, if it really scares you then check out IrielVirtualFrames from http://www.vigilance-committee.org/wow/downloads/)

2) Create ahead of time enough rows to fill your window to the point it needs to scroll, then all you have to do is map your actual rows to the real ones (this is the usual 'FauxScrollFrame' approach taken by much of the standard UI)

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » dynamic loading of a frame in a frame