08-16-10, 12:48 AM   #1
TrotskyIcepick
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
SOLVED (ish): ALT+L not opening Carb Quest Log

I have configured Carbonite to open it's quest log on ALT+L, but, when I type this nothing happens. It works for some toons but not others. I have imported settings from a toon where it does work but this made no difference.

Any ideas?

Thanks In Advance.

Last edited by TrotskyIcepick : 08-16-10 at 08:44 AM.

08-16-10, 12:52 AM   #2
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Importing Carbonite settings doesn't import all settings. Some are character-specific, and will need to be setup manually.

If you go into the options of each character and specifically select the option of opening Carbonite's quest log with ALT+L, I'm sure you'll find it to work appropriately.

Alternatively, you can go to the game menu, select Keybindings, scroll down to Carbonite and, after making sure "Character specific" in the upper right corner is disabled, assign ALT+L as the Carbonite quest log shortcut. This'll set ALT+L as the shortcut for all your characters.

08-16-10, 01:12 AM   #3
TrotskyIcepick
Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
If you go into the options of each character and specifically select the option of opening Carbonite's quest log with ALT+L, I'm sure you'll find it to work appropriately.
I have already done this, it makes no difference.

Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
Alternatively, you can go to the game menu, select Keybindings, scroll down to Carbonite and, after making sure "Character specific" in the upper right corner is disabled, assign ALT+L as the Carbonite quest log shortcut. This'll set ALT+L as the shortcut for all your characters.
Have checked this, there is no option to set a keybinding to open the Carbonite quest log.

Thanks for the quick response.

08-16-10, 01:48 AM   #4
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by TrotskyIcepick View Post
Have checked this, there is no option to set a keybinding to open the Carbonite quest log.
My bad, just checked myself and there is indeed no option anywhere to set a keybinding for Carb's quest log.

08-16-10, 08:43 AM   #5
TrotskyIcepick
SOLVED (ish): ALT+L not opening Carb Quest Log

Totally weird (and totally unexpected), I just turned "off" the option to open the Carb quest log using ALT+L (which still doesn't work)...and now the Carb q log opens simply by clicking the normal Blizz Quest Log button.

Not expecting that....but happy ;-)

PS. Keep up the good work Carb dudes!!! For 6 months since starting WoW I used QuestHelper and the normal Quest Log, I've wanted the whole time to be able to view the quests I've completed, and any I've missed in a given area.....now I can do just that ;-)

Thanx

Last edited by TrotskyIcepick : 08-16-10 at 08:45 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » ALT+L not opening Carb Quest Log