04-05-09, 01:08 PM   #1
kittyinacage78
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

not sure where to put this

i was testing out nui to see if i liked it or not and while i was trying to put my carbonite map into place i accidentally grabbed the top bar (had a fubar on it too) and it moved down and then snapped back up without the fubar the fubar moved to the bottom and when i clicked into the fubar options and told the fubar to move back up to the top it gave me two identical fubars on the top and the bottom and a nui panel as big as the bottom one with all the buttons on the top and then the game crashed i couldn't even exit it had to get into my task manager by windowing out and shut the process down i deleted nui and reinstalled it this fixed the problem but i can still move that top bar

kitty meow

04-05-09, 01:16 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Just to clarify, are you trying to move the top Fubar or the top bar of nUI? From reading other posts, nUI actually docks directly to Fubar once its installed. That allows the nUI panels to move up or down from the screen so that Fubar does not sit over either nUI panel. From what I found running Fubar before swapping to an LDB display, anytime I moved a Fubar bar I would have to reload the UI since it affected nUI also.

If a reload does not fix the graphics, you can try closing WoW completely then deleting the nui.lua file and the fubar.lua files from your WTF\saved variables folder in the WoW program directory. That will reset all the settings. Be forewarned also that in the video options for the Blizz UI their is a checkbox for UI scaling, sometimes that causes conflicts as well since nUI automatically scales to your display resolution.

04-05-09, 01:24 PM   #3
kittyinacage78
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

i said i fixed the graphic prob the only thing i am having a deal with now is that the top bar of nui is still movable so i might accidentally do it again i'm lucky like that

kitty meow

ps and i tried a reload when i messed it up the first time and it didn't help much but that deleting the lua file thing might help with a prob i'm having with anouther addon so thanks for that idea

04-05-09, 01:28 PM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I hadn't noticed whether the top bar of nUI is locked in place or not. When I had Fubar installed it wasnt....now I have to go log into WoW and check, lol. Edit coming in a few

**EDIT: Just checked my UI. My top bar is not moveable. A random thought, with Fubar installed, have you set your Fubars to locked yet? I think that is what may be allowing you to move the panels around.

Last edited by Vis : 04-05-09 at 01:35 PM.

04-05-09, 04:50 PM   #5
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

nUI's top console is not movable by itself, if you have fubar installed and move fubar nui's console will move with it. I would suggest locking fubar as the previous poster said as that is the only way you could move anything

04-05-09, 07:32 PM   #6
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by neuralassassin View Post
nUI's top console is not movable by itself, if you have fubar installed and move fubar nui's console will move with it. I would suggest locking fubar as the previous poster said as that is the only way you could move anything
That happened to me the other day when I was trying to grab the corner of the Carbonite tracker (it was stuck over the top of the nUI console). Now at least I know why the console moved... I didn't have Fubar locked lol. Thanks for the reminder!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_040309_073045.jpg
Views:	699
Size:	404.6 KB
ID:	2437  

04-05-09, 09:03 PM   #7
kittyinacage78
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

thank u everyone!!!

kitty meow

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » not sure where to put this