05-09-09, 03:57 PM   #1
lance7888
A Murloc Raider
I have a problem...

This has been continuing to happen. I will download Carbonite, then when I finish it and try to use it, nothing happens. I'll go to the file and try to open it, and it will tell me the file is corrupt. When I try to recover the files, it then tells me the file is either missing parts of invalid. This has happened before with another quest helper addon I've tried. I've also tried using a different internet browser when I downloaded each.

Please help if possible.

05-12-09, 02:02 PM   #2
lance7888
A Murloc Raider
Anyone? Anyone at all?

05-12-09, 02:14 PM   #3
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Have you tried using the WoWI addon updater with the Favorites feature to install it?

05-12-09, 07:10 PM   #4
lance7888
A Murloc Raider
Umm... probably not... but I'm not so sure how I would go about doing that anyways.

05-12-09, 09:05 PM   #5
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Try saving it to your desktop when you download it. Then open the file from your desktop. Don't try opening it from the download dialog window.

See if that helps. Unless this is what you tried.

05-13-09, 06:01 AM   #6
lance7888
A Murloc Raider
Yeah... I tried that... same results.

05-13-09, 07:33 AM   #7
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

If it's always corrupt, where are you downloading it from and what version?

05-13-09, 02:00 PM   #8
lance7888
A Murloc Raider
I downloaded it from this site itself, and it is version 3.1

05-13-09, 02:29 PM   #9
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Try this, while you are logged into WoWI, mark Carbonite as a favorite on it's download page. It's the button with the heart on it below the big Download button. Once you have it marked, install the WoWI Updater form here (I'm guessing you are on Windows):

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...r-Windows.html

Run the install for the updater, input your username & password for this site when it prompts you to. The once the program is open, Press the Install New button. A window will pop up showing you a list of any addons from this site that you have marked as favorites. Click on the addon you wish to install and hit install. It will go ahead and download the files for you. Back in the main WoWI updater window, you will have to hit the smaller Confirm button on the Right hand side. Once that is completed, hit Done in the bottom right, load WoW and see if it works.

05-15-09, 05:11 PM   #10
lance7888
A Murloc Raider
Yay! It worked. ^^ Thank you very much.

05-16-09, 01:41 PM   #11
lance7888
A Murloc Raider
Ok... been using it for a while... and noticed a small problem that required me to reinstall the Wrath of the Lich King expansion, and now, Carbonite won't work no matter what I've done. I reinstalled WoWinterface, and tried to take it off of that, and even updated it a few times... what's going on?

05-16-09, 04:12 PM   #12
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Did you have to completely uninstall then reinstall WoW? Or was it just the repair option you needed to use? Trying to figure out if you had to completely delete you addons folders also.

Which version of Windows are you using also?

05-16-09, 06:58 PM   #13
lance7888
A Murloc Raider
All I had to do was uninstall and reinstall WoW Frozen Throne...

And I'm using Windows Vista.

05-16-09, 07:08 PM   #14
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It sounds like WoW may have moved your folders on you. For one of the addons that works, do a search for xxxxxxx.toc The x's being the addons name. See if it has been put in a different directory. I'll have to look real quick for the Vista install guide on this site.

**EDIT: Here's where your usable addons folder may have moved to as listed from this help thread http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=14762

Windows Vista:
C: \users\public\games\World of Warcraft\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\MODFolder \ ModName.toc

05-16-09, 10:06 PM   #15
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
An easy way to find your WoW folder is to r-click the shortcut and select properties. It will tell you there. You can cut and paste the directory into your address bar (minus any "" )

This is assuming you have placed a shortcut on your desktop

Easier and faster than doing a search for a .toc file as this search will also most likely result in finding your old WoW install directory as well as it was most likely never deleted during the uninstall.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » I have a problem...