04-26-09, 10:53 PM   #1
metalspawned
A Defias Bandit
nUI Scaling

First off, let me say that I *love* nUI. Thank you for a wonderful mod. I just installed it and it's fantastic.

My issue:

The size and scale of nUI is fine on my monitor. However, I tried to scale the UI so that all the other stuff (quest log, skills/character/spells pages, bags, e tc) would be smaller. Right now, if I display my bank, my bank bags, my bags, and my character screen, there is a lot of overlap. When I scaled the UI down, I don't think I got the "ugly black box" (which you mention in the FAQ) that is hidden by nUI's default setup (at least, I don't recall seeing it). However, what I did get was a lot of white space outlining the various elements of nUI.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

04-26-09, 11:00 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That sounds like you were using the in game ui scaling option. Either relogging or a reloadui will fix that.

But on the bottom part of the screen you should slowly see a crop of black on either side as you scale it smaller. This is because the image used for the bottom of the screen is less than 1600 pixels long so unless it has been changed to expand at run time to fill the excess space you will get that black space once you have all of the image in screen.

I had similar problems on my PC over in the States when I first set it up as I forgot to set up everything in game without addons first and then switch them on and set them up.

04-27-09, 01:12 PM   #3
metalspawned
A Defias Bandit
Thanks, I'll test the /nui rl tonight to see if it fixes the white space. We'll see if the black box drives me nuts or not :-p

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI Scaling