02-11-10, 04:39 PM   #1
KCmilam
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Addon XML IDE

I have been developing an addon for quite some time now and became frustrated with creating the FrameXML file for it. I had an app written in VB.Net that helped me do quick and simple things and thought I'd move it over to Silverlight and share it.

UI XML Editor*Works best in Firefox and IE 2008. Doesn't not work in 64bit browsers.

It basically writes the XML code as well as the Lua Code for the widgets as you draw the components on the screen. It's very simple and straight forward right now because I use it mainly for laying out my Options panels and etc. It's good for positioning components and setting up the hierarchy of them.

It allows for easy editing of a widgets properties and scripts when they are selected.

It's good if you want to get a quick and dirty design for a frame and copy and paste the code into your xml as well.

To use it:
-Click the Frame component in the ToolBox. Click the upper left corner of the frame in the drawing area and drag down and to the left to draw it. Other components can be added to the frame by selecting them and placing them inside the frame.

-Press escape to hide the crosshairs and use the hand to move components around.

-Drag components to the trash can to delete them.

-Selected components are highlighted in blue.

-Selecting a component will highlight it's respective code in the xml. (A bit buggy right now, sometimes have to click the FrameXML area as least ones to get it to start working)

Try it out and let me know what you think! There will still be a lot of bugs as I haven't been able to test it a whole lot in wow. If you would like to use it, please do so and PM any bugs you might come across. Thanks!

Last edited by KCmilam : 02-11-10 at 07:13 PM.
02-11-10, 05:59 PM   #2
xandora
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Fixed up the URL for you, it was broken. http://www.feverguild.com/uieditor.

Very cool little app though.

Last edited by xandora : 02-11-10 at 06:07 PM.
02-11-10, 06:03 PM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Still broken for me though.
02-11-10, 07:15 PM   #4
KCmilam
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thank xandora. I fixed the link.

I finally got to test it and found some bugs already.

Some backgrounds are not being set right and didn't think about defining Anchors after the Backdrop in the XML. Little things like this is what's going to take most of the time fixing it.

Some parent hierarchy is also a little bugged. Still helps in making frames though. I'll have it running smoothly in no time.
02-12-10, 04:23 PM   #5
KCmilam
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Well i believe I have the Parent inheritance bug fixed as well as a few other minor ones.

I added better formatting to the XML and Lua text boxes as well.

Also, backdrops and status bar colors can be defined in the properties window.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Tutorials & Other Helpful Info. » Addon XML IDE