06-29-11, 12:18 PM   #1
Choonstertwo
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
AddOn Search Page Suggestion

It would be great if the information box that pops up when you mouseover a search result could display some of the AddOn's description rather than just the author, version info and picture. This could either be in addition to the current layout or some kind of separate layout that you can switch between at will.

Currently, to learn anything about an AddOn's function beyond the title/picture I need to visit each page and read the description. If a short excerpt of the AddOn's description could be displayed right on the search page, it would make things a lot more convenient.

I have no idea how complex this would be to add, but I'd love to see it done.

06-29-11, 03:41 PM   #2
Verttex
Super Monkey

Originally Posted by Choonstertwo View Post
It would be great if the information box that pops up when you mouseover a search result could display some of the AddOn's description rather than just the author, version info and picture. This could either be in addition to the current layout or some kind of separate layout that you can switch between at will.

Currently, to learn anything about an AddOn's function beyond the title/picture I need to visit each page and read the description. If a short excerpt of the AddOn's description could be displayed right on the search page, it would make things a lot more convenient.

I have no idea how complex this would be to add, but I'd love to see it done.
Indeed, currently addons which have no visual use still need a picture, which concludes in a white backround with black text saying "/glare at Cairenn"

06-29-11, 03:43 PM   #3
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
*pokes Verttex*

06-29-11, 03:46 PM   #4
Verttex
Super Monkey

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
*pokes Verttex*
*ROAR*

--Verttex

Edit: Damn these 10 character limits!

Last edited by Verttex : 06-29-11 at 03:46 PM. Reason: ROAR

07-19-11, 01:58 AM   #5
Mike-N-Go
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by Choonstertwo View Post
It would be great if the information box that pops up when you mouseover a search result could display some of the AddOn's description rather than just the author, version info and picture.
There is a mouse-over when you use the search box at the top of a page?

Really?

I fail to see one, I am on Safari, also tried on Firefox.. Is this a bug, or am I thinking about the wrong place?

Author of Daily Bean Counter, MyNameTogglesWhenIAFKorDND, Extended Shutdown Warning, Auto Mail Director, Duel Nullify, Spec Transmiter, Say Again, Window Teller, Who Crafts, Ad Repeater, Privy Cork, Mac Backup, and more.

07-19-11, 08:49 AM   #6
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Mike-N-Go View Post
There is a mouse-over when you use the search box at the top of a page?

Really?

I fail to see one, I am on Safari, also tried on Firefox.. Is this a bug, or am I thinking about the wrong place?
No, when you search for something. There are tooltips when you hover over the result links.

I'll take that into consideration Choonstertwo, thanks.

Last edited by Dolby : 07-19-11 at 08:52 AM.

07-19-11, 02:17 PM   #7
Mike-N-Go
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
No, when you search for something. There are tooltips when you hover over the result links.

I'll take that into consideration Choonstertwo, thanks.

Oh, ok. For some reason it was not clear. I thout it was something else he was talking about.

Author of Daily Bean Counter, MyNameTogglesWhenIAFKorDND, Extended Shutdown Warning, Auto Mail Director, Duel Nullify, Spec Transmiter, Say Again, Window Teller, Who Crafts, Ad Repeater, Privy Cork, Mac Backup, and more.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » AddOn Search Page Suggestion