07-14-14, 11:52 AM   #1
sigmer
A Murloc Raider
AddonSettingsTransfer

Are there any addons like this one, just for wow ?

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info3...sTransfer.html
07-14-14, 01:33 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's not really possible in-game for WoW. All addon settings are account-specific, so from inside the game, you can only access the settings for the account you are currently logged into. And any actual per-character settings (as opposed to profiles that you can switch between in the addon's options) are only accessible while logged into that character. In both cases your only option is to copy and paste the settings files yourself, outside of the game, into the appropriate account/realm/character folders, and possibly edit character/realm names in the files themselves depending on the addon and how it stores data inside the file.

That said, if you're trying to set up a UI you can easily share with other people (or with other accounts if you play more than one) you may find Reflux useful for switching all addons to a specified profile at once.

If you can give more information about your actual goal (share a UI with a friend, get the same UI running on all your accounts, or something else) you'll probably get more relevant suggestions.
07-14-14, 10:09 PM   #3
sigmer
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
If you can give more information about your actual goal (share a UI with a friend, get the same UI running on all your accounts, or something else) you'll probably get more relevant suggestions.
Thanks for the reply, well the reason i "need this" addon is that i have re-installed my wow and i need to set up my addon options for every single character i play, so it was to make that a bit more easy for me, that i just set it up on the main character, save it and import on the alts
07-15-14, 04:56 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Most addons already default to using the same settings for all of your characters. If you have a lot of addons that don't work this way, then I'd suggest using Reflux. Read the instructions on the download page. The only thing I'd add is that if any of your addons revert to default settings after you create a profile, don't panic. Just go into the profile section of their options, and use the "copy from" dropdown to copy the settings from the profile named after your character. Don't switch back to it, just copy from it. Also, don't forget to save your Reflux profile once you're done. Then you can load the whole UI on your other characters with a single command.
07-16-14, 12:17 AM   #5
sigmer
A Murloc Raider
Thanks a lot

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » AddonSettingsTransfer