10-10-12, 09:31 AM   #1
zohar101
A Cyclonian

Search results bigger than 1 page

When I set to search something, and it displays me 3-4 pages of results. Very often any time I click on other search result pages (ie. 2, 3, 4 and so on), it just loads this white page with wowI logo and says wowinterface has encountered an error. And I cannot see anything past that first page no matter how many times I reload.
10-10-12, 03:22 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Are you talking about searching for addons, or searching for forum threads, or searching for posts in a single forum thread, or what?
10-10-12, 03:24 PM   #3
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Not finding any problems with either search. From what you explain with a white page and the wowi logo it sounds like you're gettting a db error.

Where are you searching (link please) and what terms are you using?
10-16-12, 10:54 AM   #4
zohar101
A Cyclonian

I am talking about addon searches. I do not get it every single time but often enough for it to be annoying. I'll try to reproduce right now and submit a screenshot. One sec...
Here we go.
For example, I click on advanced search. I type in spam. Then I check Mists of Pandaria ready and I also check title as well as description. I hit search and I get 4 pages of results. I click on page 2 or 3 and this is what I'm getting:

It seems whenever I'm doing an advanced search with something more than title checked, that gives me more than one page of results, it spits out an error.

Last edited by zohar101 : 10-16-12 at 11:02 AM.
10-16-12, 03:00 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Thank you for the detailed instructions, zohar101. This does, indeed, happen to me as well. However, my database error page also states what the error actually was:

Code:
Database error in vBulletin 3.6.8:

Invalid SQL:
 SELECT f.id, f.settings, f.uploadusername, f.uploaderid, f.ftitle, f.version, f.description, f.date, f.lastmodifydate, f.hits, f.edited, f.wgp, f.compatibility, c.id, c.title 
		FROM s_download_files f INNER JOIN s_download_categories c ON (f.catid = c.id) 
		WHERE (f.ftitle LIKE '%spam%' OR f.description LIKE '%spam%')  AND compatibility IN ()  
		GROUP BY f.id
				  ORDER BY f.date DESC
				  LIMIT 25,25;

MySQL Error  : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')  
		GROUP BY f.id
				  ORDER BY f.date DESC
				  LIMIT 25,25' at line 3
Error Number : 1064
Date         : Tuesday, October 16th 2012 @ 03:58:24 PM
Script       : http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/search.php?search=spam&patch=13&title&description&sb=date&so=desc&page=2
Referrer     : 1
IP Address   : 74.226.95.190
Username     : Seerah
Classname    : vB_Database
Dolby should be able to find the problem and put in a fix now.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-16-12, 03:25 PM   #6
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Thanks Seerah, was an issue with the compatibility id's, once you click on page 2 or 3 the patch var is no longer an array so I had to add is_array so it knows when to implode it.

I should have just checked the db error log.

Fixed

Last edited by Dolby : 10-16-12 at 03:28 PM.
10-16-12, 05:40 PM   #7
zohar101
A Cyclonian

All good now, ty much for the fix.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Search results bigger than 1 page