11-24-09, 10:08 PM   #1
jacob18d
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Reverse Quest Tracker Progress / Name

I'm looking for an addon that will reverse the default quest tracker's progress and name. For example:

Code:
Aspirant's Seal: 5/15
Would look like

Code:
5/15: Aspirant's Seal
The reason for this is, to me seeing "Aspirant's Se..." when the quest is too long, is annoyingly useless O.o

Ideally it would look like this..

Code:
Aspirant's Se... 5/15
Anything to achieve showing the actual progress on the quest tracker regardless of the objectives length would be great.
11-24-09, 10:30 PM   #2
mankeluvsit
An Onyxian Warder

i too would enjoy something like this, would make my ui much cleaner.
11-24-09, 10:38 PM   #3
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is something that will be part of the default UI come 3.3.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

Last edited by Maul : 11-24-09 at 11:08 PM.
11-24-09, 10:43 PM   #4
mankeluvsit
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Maul View Post
I did a little hacking of an addon to make it do this, but this is something that will be part of the default UI come 3.3.
i feels like a douche

Last edited by mankeluvsit : 11-25-09 at 01:43 AM.
11-24-09, 10:54 PM   #5
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

In one or two weeks it will be irrelevant when the patch hits. I really meant to convey the fact that Blizzard made this change.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]
11-24-09, 11:01 PM   #6
mankeluvsit
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Maul View Post
In one or two weeks it will be irrelevant when the patch hits. I really meant to convey the fact that Blizzard made this change.
i feels like a douche

Last edited by mankeluvsit : 11-25-09 at 01:43 AM.
11-24-09, 11:10 PM   #7
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

I edited my post. I apologize if it caused so much consternation on your part. But I hope you can take solace in the fact that the need for the modification will be non-existent next patch.

11-25-09, 12:47 AM   #8
zero-kill
A Firelord

Watch the patch come out next year :P
11-25-09, 01:43 AM   #9
mankeluvsit
An Onyxian Warder

&& again, i feels like a douche
11-25-09, 08:47 AM   #10
forty2j
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by mankeluvsit View Post
&& again, i feels like a douche
I'm so sorry you feel like the cleanest water on earth, but it isn't necessary to repeat it 3 times!

Current speculation, btw, is that 3.3 would be out 12/15 (or, less likely, 12/8). If it misses those dates, then it wouldn't be until 1/5.
11-25-09, 10:20 AM   #11
Psychophan7
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by forty2j View Post
I'm so sorry you feel like the cleanest water on earth, but it isn't necessary to repeat it 3 times!

Current speculation, btw, is that 3.3 would be out 12/15 (or, less likely, 12/8). If it misses those dates, then it wouldn't be until 1/5.
One of the Blizz CM's said that 3.3 is a month or more away sometime last week. With all the datamined info, I'm pretty sure we'll be getting one month's notice of the patch, so people can finish getting their Rusted Proto Drakes.

I'd put gold down on it coming out on 1/12, enough time for holidays to die down and everyone getting to experience the new patch at the same time. Any sooner than that and Blizz staff might be using their vacation time, too!
11-26-09, 08:23 AM   #12
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

Originally Posted by Psychophan7 View Post
One of the Blizz CM's said that 3.3 is a month or more away sometime last week. With all the datamined info, I'm pretty sure we'll be getting one month's notice of the patch, so people can finish getting their Rusted Proto Drakes.
I'm not really sure if they are still going to remove the Rusted Proto Drakes.

I can find this post confirming they will warn before removing it :

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/20/1870...rd-update.html

But nothing confirming they will be taking them out for 3.3.

Oh and to play devils adocate here :

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...geNo=1&sid=1#2

"We only provide mirror links for full client patches. Background downloads do not count. You have around 1+ month to download this file so we're not really worried about your speed."
"This file" is in reference to the first wow-partial-1.MPQ that is up for downloading in the background right now.

"Around 1+ month to download this file" could mean they intend to leave that pre patch download up on the background downloader for about a month maybe a little over (say a day).

Why does this not mean the patch is coming out in a month ?

Well they might have people who for what ever reason need to download that "wow-partial-1.MPQ" file. Maybe somehow in downloading they missed it out. Maybe it got corrupted. Maybe they haven't had the right options turned on in the Launcher. Maybe they haven't played wow in a while.

A bit after a content patch hits Blizzard takes all these partial pre patch downloads and makes a proper old-version-to-3.3 updater.

IMHO All he really said was "You have a bit around a month to download the file wow-partial-1.MPQ before we take it off the background downloader"

Once you interpret it that way well yes. The patch could come out on Dec 7th or Dec 15th.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Reverse Quest Tracker Progress / Name