10-06-10, 04:22 AM   #21
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm loving the changes. The Heroic Blackrock Caverns movie looked pretty promising.

I do feel there's going to be loads of RAAAGGEEE because isntances won't be an uber easy emblem grindfest anymore.

Tho I think that making instances harder when you actually outgear it would be nice too (atleast for heroics). Tho I guess you then get problems when you have like 2 people who outgear it massively and a tank for example who barely has good enough gear.

But I certainly like the changes in CC (and my lock who'll be king of CC with glyphed fear). And it seems they're trying to make boss encounters a lot harder again.

All in all I'm looking forward to Cataclysm with the talent changes, the need of CC and the whole guild revamp. The only thing I'm not sure about are the stats. It seems they're dumping the stats we have to use now in well .. less stats that combine a few of the ones we have now. Which could lead to every caster or every healer and perhaps even every caster and healer needing the same kind of gear etc. But I'm not in the PTR or beta or anything so I could be wrong.
10-06-10, 04:39 AM   #22
yj589794
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
Which could lead to every caster or every healer and perhaps even every caster and healer needing the same kind of gear etc. But I'm not in the PTR or beta or anything so I could be wrong.
Spirit will, once again, be the deciding stat as to if something is "healer gear" or "dps gear".
All healers have talents or masteries that give them mana regen from spirit, dps get nothing from spirit.
10-06-10, 09:26 AM   #23
Taryble
A Molten Giant

In fact, the "Healer/Non-Healer" difference will be far more spread - many caster DPS have talents that convert Spirit into a DPS stat currently, but those talents don't exist in the 4.x talent trees. Shadow Priests, especially, will have to toss the vast majority of gear with +spirit, as it will be nigh useless.
10-06-10, 09:59 AM   #24
yj589794
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
I believe it was only Balance druids and Elemental shaman that would have (useful) conversions of spirit into +hit rating. (Holy paladins have this as well, but only for ease of levelling)

The main competition for gear has traditionally been on cloth, but with these changes and the armour type bonuses then I don't believe it will be a huge issue.
10-06-10, 10:21 AM   #25
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
woohoo yay for cc and strategic dungeons, i'm all up for it and it was something i severely missed in LK.

some oldskool dungeons where indeed boring, but hey, at least they had some sort of "adventure" feeling to it, and in wotlk, with a bunch of lvl 80's they are boring even if they take only 15 minutes of pressing a few buttons.

so i'm all up for somewhat longer dungeons and more cc, but only if there's somewhat of an "adventure-ish" feeling to the dungeon itself.

I just hope that banish / enslave will be required more in the new dungeons, opposed to what was needed in LK (i think i used it 0 times on my lock).
10-06-10, 10:50 AM   #26
Quokka
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

The old pre nerfed semi-raid dungeon Stratholme (old 10 players) I loved that one with 4 friend going in and wrecking the place while having fun
and beating a 10 player pug group while add it, in time and gold that is.

It was hard but I can remeber me tanking there, and seeing my healer going bear growling away my agro, and laughting on ts, telling me to keep agro..

that was just great fun.

BC HC yes it was hard, but with friend I could be done. even with a Blue/Green tank. Me being that tank having 2 other alts in the group allong with a wicked T6 Warlock and T6 Healer, the only downside was keeping agro.

But with the lack off tanks the allways asked me to get my warrior to tank the HC. And for being a good tank I ended up in SWP with main Hunter

We had K at 1% and wiped, than came the nerf... damm them. We could have killed him without that nerf..

Now there is only face rolling and a l2p if you wipe with a damm pug. Good thing we are 6 friends in 4 guilds at this time. so if we go out with the alts and get the 5th pug. it allways fun if they try to vote kick one off us out..

I'm looking forward to Cataclysm I think raising the level off skill/luck needed is a good thing. Lets hope the people who shout l2p don't go screaming blizz this is to hard fix it!
10-06-10, 11:11 AM   #27
d87
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I'm wondering how it's going to be with LFD tool. People now lost their last remaining bits of conscience and being additionally extremely bored with 9month ICC farm. And gearscore is reigning on my server now (it didn't the last time i played). And i don't have a guild. I expect Hell.
10-06-10, 02:29 PM   #28
Xubera
A Cobalt Mageweaver

so how were you trained on marks growing up?

Skull - First Kill Target
Cross - Second Kill Target
Moon - Sheep
Diamond - Sap
Square - Hunter Ice Trap

and then if more was needed other symbols were used for weird CCs, such as banish or Hibernate or sumthin

▲ ▲ WoWInterface wont let me triforce >.>
10-06-10, 03:09 PM   #29
Quokka
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Xubera View Post

Moon - Sheep
Diamond - Sap
Square - Hunter Ice Trap

and then if more was needed other symbols were used for weird CCs, such as banish or Hibernate or sumthin
Star - Sheep
Circle - Hex/Sap
Square - Hunter Ice Trap
10-06-10, 03:14 PM   #30
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

so how were you trained on marks growing up
Skull - First Kill Target (sometimes used to mark things to gtfa from)
Star - Second Kill Target
Moon - Sheep
Diamond - Sap
Square - Hunter Ice Trap

"This is the fifteen-thousandth four hundredth and ninety-eighth occurence".
10-06-10, 03:23 PM   #31
Sythalin
Curse staff

"Skull" - First Kill Target
"X" - Second Kill Target
"Diamond" - Sheep (by my request on my mage)
"Star" - Sap
"Condom" (Circle) - Hunter Ice Trap
"Panties" (Triangle) - Other CC

Skull/X/Diamond were pretty consistent. Sap/Trap/Other always varied depending on who made the group.
10-06-10, 03:46 PM   #32
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

In later TBC when I tanked on my long abandoned paladin I remember I had a macro in the form of

"What's the pull order you say?"
"This room, the next room and straight to the boss!"

I clicked it every time I joined a group. Paladins were basically the only good AoE tanks at that time.

Loved it when my rogue had to put points in Improved Sap (or whatever the name was) so he had like a 75% chance not to leave stealth.

Anyway I'll gladly be leveling my lock in Cata, using glyph of fear so I get a nice CC. Bursting away with the new talent points.

I just hope the game stays enjoyable for a long time even if you're at 85. In WotlK and TBC I had this feeling you were just doing the same things you already did before. Even tho I did not raid back at those times.

I hope the changes are enough to refresh the game a bit, cause it IS getting an old game in the meanwhile. Of all the expansion tho, this is the one I'm most looking forward too.
10-06-10, 03:48 PM   #33
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by ChaosInc View Post
"Condom" (Circle)
"Panties" (Triangle)
There are days I feel I'm the only one who has ever referred to them as that, or heard of them being referred to as that. =\

"This is the fifteen-thousandth four hundredth and ninety-eighth occurence".
10-06-10, 04:05 PM   #34
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

Ahhh the good old condom. Never heard of the panties tho.

We generally used:
Skull - 1st target
X - 2nd target
Moon - Sheep
the blue-ish thing - Hunter trap
Star - Sap
the purple thing - Banish/enslave demon/Entangle Roots (when you could)

Oh the life of a druid in PvP where you couldn't CC anyone indoors. Had loads of fun in BG's with my Moonkin/resto healing druid.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Gameplay » Cata Dungeons Revert to BC Model!