04-16-11, 05:16 PM   #1
tobindax
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Today I learned Nefarian is fundamentally bugged.

Tanks can miss on ads while in a 10man it's impossible to hit cap the groups in many guilds. What are we supposed to do? Hit cap the tanks (just for one fight and spend 100-1000g each every time we switch boss)?

This is fundamentally bad design for a simple reason: It's not skill that is lacking but a mechanic that is right.

We reached a point where we faceroll - literally faceroll - phase 1, we can even move very smoothly on 3rd, but 2nd kills us most of the time because of misses by tanks.

What are we going to do, have only rogues and tanks? And how can a 10man guild do that?

This is ridiculous.

04-16-11, 05:20 PM   #2
Ailae
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

I'm guessing you're talking about hit cap in relation to interrupting the adds in phase 2? If so, then you must've missed the part in the 4.1 patch notes that states that all interrupts that don't do damage will always hit, regardless of hit rating.

All non-damaging interrupts off the global cooldown will now always hit the target. This includes Pummel, Kick, Mind Freeze, Rebuke, Skull Bash, Counterspell, Wind Shear, Solar Beam, Silencing Shot, and related player pet abilities.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2356431

04-16-11, 05:24 PM   #3
tobindax
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Yes I know that. But 'till 4.1, the encounter is fundamentally flawed for 10man guilds.

04-16-11, 05:27 PM   #4
Ailae

I agree, at least to an extent. Depending on what kind of setup you are using you can work around it.

If you have a Holy Paladin, he/she can interrupt (given they have at least 1pt in spirit > hit talent). If you can muster two interrupters you can put the two tanks on the same pillar so both do interrupts. Chances that both miss the same interrupt are mighty slim I'd think.

But like I said, I generally agree. Interrupting is such a crucial point in many encounters now (especially on heroic mode) which really hurts 10-man.

04-16-11, 05:32 PM   #5
tobindax
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
In a heroic mode of a final or near-final boss I would accept obscure mechanics such as having to hit cap or near hit cap tanks but this is a normal mode, and in a 10man it has to split the raid into 3 groups that must not miss.

Simple solution without 4.1 is: Put a debuf on ads "The Heat from the Lava surrounding the target makes it impossible for you to miss" or a buff at that phase only "Your senses are heightened making your interrupts unable to miss".

Such a solution would avoid a Game-wide change, which I suspect right now is because of Nefarian.

04-17-11, 05:59 AM   #6
Xinhuan
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I'm not sure what the purpose of this thread is.

To complain about something to get fixed in 4.1, for something that already has a fix already in patch 4.1?

04-20-11, 08:42 PM   #7
Crissa
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

The game-wide change is so that hit-cap becomes less important, and in fact, it'll be above where it's possible to get. It's a good mechanical change and will affect both PvE and PvP. It's just not good mechanics to have some classes unable to miss while others struggle to make a specialized stat so high.

However, until implemented, the game includes some serious random-fail problems. Which I think was the point of the thread.

-Crissa

08-21-11, 02:46 PM   #8
Aftermathhqt
A Molten Giant

This boss is not a bugg, it's a walk in the park :3

08-21-11, 03:24 PM   #9
Ailae

Thank you for your constructive input four months after the fact.

08-22-11, 06:26 AM   #10
Aftermathhqt
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Ailae View Post
Thank you for your constructive input four months after the fact.
Np It's a walk in park in 10/25man normal / hc. Yepp, i've done it.

08-22-11, 06:35 AM   #11
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
This thread is no longer relevant since it's been fixed, closing.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Gameplay » Today I learned Nefarian is fundamentally bugged.