07-30-07, 09:20 AM   #1
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Holy Paladins and PvP

I have never really pvp'd regularly on my paladin, but, being asked by some guildmates, have decided to start pvp'ng regularly with them. However, I am sort of at a loss about what I should be focusing on, what gear I should work on procuring to better support my teammates, or what strategies work when dealing with each class.

So.... I would like some advice / suggestion on playing my Holy paladin as best as I can to help the team be successful.

I am looking for help regarding:

1. Gear to work on procuring first (and why)
2. Strategy vs. each class (do’s and don’ts, basically)

I am probably one of a few pvpers that actually HEAL in battlegrounds, so understand that to be a given.

I appreciate any constructive advice. Regards,
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
07-31-07, 11:53 AM   #2
Geboran
Unhappy

*shameless bump*

No PvPers around here, eh?
07-31-07, 11:56 AM   #3
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I know I'm going to get yelled at for this but, paladin's aren't very good for PvP.

my two cents.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
07-31-07, 12:11 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
They're great in arenas. A plate wearing healer with a bubble?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-31-07, 12:18 PM   #5
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Seerah
They're great in arenas. A plate wearing healer with a bubble?
I didn't think about arena. Good point seerah.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
07-31-07, 01:11 PM   #6
Geboran
Yeah, yeah.... I've heard the whole "lol"adin thing before. Not needed, requested, or required here.

Some solid information/advice would be nice though.
08-02-07, 07:01 PM   #7
Farook
A Molten Giant

As a holy paladin, do what you are supposed to do, even in BGs:

HEAL WHATEVER YOU CAN!

There's not much more to do.... just try your best to keep your mates alive. I tell you, they will be gladful if they have at least someone around who keeps them alive. There are just a few more things to do, like buffing Blessing of Freedom on the Flag Carrier in Warsong, but you main objective is HEALING... like it always is.

I know I'm going to get yelled at for this but, paladin's aren't very good for PvP.
He's the greatest healer of them all... no matter if you are in BGs, Arenas or Raids. It's just the players acting stupid, not the class.
08-02-07, 09:05 PM   #8
Hellarion
A Black Drake

Don't know much about pally pvp but eye for an eye hurts like hell...but i would probly just heal like crazy if i were holy..or run the flag like low lvl pallys usually do well
08-02-07, 09:32 PM   #9
malcite
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Dreadlorde

my two cents.
I said the same untill i saw a pally mate of mine jumping and pretty much dealing with most casters on his own with no problems, it does however come down to gear.

as for strategy for holy paladins, i recommend the arena gear aswell as alot of resillience gear (but dont let resillience take away to much +healing or stamina)

i don't use resillience gear myself and i do notice it from time to time, but if you play it right (which alliance side on our server (aggramar eu) does SO often if its pug) then its easy.
I use a combination of T4(mostly, still) and some T5 and khara gear (not set) so i got stamina and plenty mana (8k hp unbuffed, almost 11k mana unbuffed) and keep the biggest range i can (i dont pvp for gear, i do it for fun ) This way locks cant get to me and only rogues can get up to me (which makes it easy to yell ROGUE or DRUID and get backup)
08-03-07, 08:01 AM   #10
Geboran
It's a shame that paladins can have every spell-based attack effectively shut down (unless you are Retribution-specc'd) with ease.

So what about getting the more easily obtainable PvP gear vs. Tier 4 and Arena gear? The Tier 4 and Arena is better, to be sure, but, if I get a lot of honor and tokens outside of Arena, should I get the armor pieces, or focus more on rings/trinkets/neck/weapons?
08-04-07, 06:09 AM   #11
Persen
A Fallenroot Satyr
I reckon as holy you could do pretty well in warsong... Running with flags I mean... Concentration aura on along with 70% pushback resistance from talents makes healing while being beaten highly possible, and with freedom on yourself and Sacrifice on a mate that gets beaten all the time you can stand against most CCs and snares
Not counting the DI'ed self-shocks heal great when you get low and a interrupt-crazy rogue is near!

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Class Discussions » Holy Paladins and PvP