04-09-09, 06:30 PM   #41
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No... that's an option in the game's video settings for both PC's and Mac's -- Having video sync enabled locks your frame rate to your video refresh rate. You might try unchecking the video sync option and see what happens.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

04-09-09, 07:13 PM   #42
Lery
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
No... that's an option in the game's video settings for both PC's and Mac's -- Having video sync enabled locks your frame rate to your video refresh rate. You might try unchecking the video sync option and see what happens.

Ohhhhh, lol you mean Vertical Sync? Right that is unchecked. It wasn't unchecked yesterday but since today and one 25 man disconnect, it has been.

04-09-09, 07:56 PM   #43
Lery
A Black Drake
Just did 25 man OS. No disconnects. To think about I did not have vertical sync. unchecked yesterday and earlier today like I thought. Before running this OS, I unchecked it. Ran in windowed mode and no disconnects.

However, I did see very low FPS drops during the raid. But hey I lived and got #2 overall DPS :-)

04-10-09, 10:14 AM   #44
Dethstalker
A Murloc Raider
Hi Scott,

Just wanted to dog pile on this thread.

I recently loaded the latest version on nUI + (yeah, I deleted my interface and WTF folders first).

I logged in... got everything set up (action buttons and what not). And promptly joined a Winter Grasp raid. I experienced a dramatic loss in performance. I managed to stutter my way through the event but was left with a WTF just happened feeling. Since upgrading my computer I have not had any performace issues, even with my old UI configuration (trust me... a lot of individual mods).

My goal in switching to nUI was to clean up the mess that passed for an Interface folder and IMPROVE my game performance.

I am sorry to report that I had to remove nUI+ and revert back to my old UI configuration. My performance issues did not exist pre-nUI and they went away after removing nUI. I am an active raider and can not afford these types of performance issues.

I truly you can figure out what is going on. Maintaining my hodge podge group of mods can be tiresome.

Last edited by Dethstalker : 04-10-09 at 10:19 AM.

04-10-09, 10:16 AM   #45
Dethstalker
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Lery View Post
However, I did see very low FPS drops during the raid. But hey I lived and got #2 overall DPS :-)
Congrats! Unfortunately this is not a glowing testimonial for nUI's performance. Hopefully Scott can figure out what went screwy.

04-11-09, 08:56 AM   #46
Lery
A Black Drake
I did a 25 man Naxx last night, and here are my findings:

1) I must uncheck vertical sync. This stops the disconnects in a 25 man.

2) While I can stay connected the FPS drops are horrible. At times I was going down to 9 FPS.

Now overall FPS is also pretty horrible in my opinion, compared to what I used to get. At times I will hover around 30 FPS and other times at 60, almost 70 FPS. Fullscreen vs. Windowed mode also makes a significant difference in FPS. It never used to make that much of a difference.

I hope this information is useful somehow and leads to a resolution soon.

04-11-09, 12:35 PM   #47
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

An interesting post... similar issues to what we're discussing here but involving Recount... http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...37617598&sid=1
I removed Recount based on the findings from this thread that Scott posted. My FPS still dropped around the same margin, BUT....the lag I was seeing was reduced by a fair bit, it's still there but less

Back to more playing around with settings

04-11-09, 01:39 PM   #48
Aerador
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
I removed Recount based on the findings from this thread that Scott posted. My FPS still dropped around the same margin, BUT....the lag I was seeing was reduced by a fair bit, it's still there but less

Back to more playing around with settings
I too removed Recount and my 1-2 second freezeups went away. That's something that's been bugging me for awhile! Now with nUI+ i'm at a loss at what else to try and do to find why it's doing what it is.

04-11-09, 07:11 PM   #49
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Just so everyone knows... I *am* working on this and it *is* at the top of my priority list. I'm just struggling to get a grip on why some people are having this issue and others are not.

04-11-09, 09:20 PM   #50
Aerador
A Fallenroot Satyr
Just so everyone knows... I *am* working on this and it *is* at the top of my priority list. I'm just struggling to get a grip on why some people are having this issue and others are not.
Thank you so much Spiel! I can't wait to have my nUI back.

04-11-09, 09:40 PM   #51
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

No worries here, keep up the great work

04-11-09, 11:58 PM   #52
Dethstalker
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Recount has caused no problems for me with my home grown UI. So removing it from my nUI configuration is not an option. I have zero performance issues using my collection of mods.

I was hopeful that nUI would reduce the number of mods I raid with. I a crossing my fingers that Scott figures this out. 3.1 should hit live on Tuesday and I am dreading updating all of my mods.

04-12-09, 12:48 AM   #53
WIKYD
A Kobold Labourer
I also came across NUI+ from a guildy...loved the look and had to of course give it a go.

my 2 guildies that are using NUI+ have seen no issues in performance.

Now pre NUI+ I had nothing other then the occasional DC everyone gets and could easily do 25 and even 40 man raids and see no significant lack of performance or frame locks, etc and I was using a ton of addons including at the top of the list..Dominos, Recount, Omen, Auctioneer, Fishing Buddy, Carbonite, Fubar and associated plug ins, TBag, Atlasloot, DBM, Flightmap, Guildcraft, Gatherer, Gladius, Lightheaded, Livestock, outfitter, Pawn, Ratingbuster, Tourguide and Targetclass.

Now to be completely honest, I tried at first to do a clean install by renaming the Addon and WTF folder as per the instructions...but...and this was a big but in my books...I could not figure out how to move over datapoints I could not lose...like my carbonite, auctioneer, TBag, fishing buddy data.

Reluctantly I just reverted and added NUI+ to my existing Addon and WTF folders. So I wholeheartedly agree that this may be the issue. Therefore I want to try a clean install to see if this fixes the unplayable at bosses 10 man or unplayable almost anything 25 man including trash frame freezes I am seeing. Again I never saw any of this pre-NUI+. Can someone tell me that if I were to do a clean install, what exact files and their locations do i have to move to the new directories (I assume matching dir structure).

If this can't be done, then my next recourse will be to terf the addon's folder but keep the WTF folder and see if this fixes the issues. I really do not want to uninstall NUI+ as I love the clean look and functionality, but if unable to raid using it, I will be left with no choice.

Help!

And Scott, I have to concur with everyone else that it is great to see a developer so in love with his creation and wanting to perfect it. Add to that your actually on the forums solicating help is great.

Thanks...

04-12-09, 02:45 AM   #54
Seer
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by WIKYD View Post
..., etc and I was using a ton of addons including at the top of the list..Dominos, Recount, Omen, Auctioneer, Fishing Buddy, Carbonite, Fubar and associated plug ins, TBag, Atlasloot, DBM, Flightmap, Guildcraft, Gatherer, Gladius, Lightheaded, Livestock, outfitter, Pawn, Ratingbuster, Tourguide and Targetclass.
What you could try, in the renamed wtf do a search for [name].lua and copy the results to the right folder in the newly made wtf, just be aware that every char the add on is active on normally has it's own [name].lua but usually there is also a [name].lua in ..\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\server\SavedVariables\

Or, don't rename the wtf, make a copy, and do a search for *.lua and delete everything related that isn't installed any more.

Not the easiest nor the cleanest..

04-13-09, 07:35 PM   #55
Lery
A Black Drake
Spiel, have you made any traction with finding the reason for this FPS issue with some people?

04-13-09, 10:28 PM   #56
Abi
A Kobold Labourer
NUI freeses solo, 5-40 raid instances

I have max graph setting.

NUI installed on clean wow - no addons no WTF.
Standart FPS w\o NUI 45-65fps solo, party, raid and in Dalaran

When NUI on then my wow freeses constantly from 45 fps in raid (10-40) to 0-3 fps then rise up to 45 and after 10-15 sec when fight at my head again down to 0-3 fps. In most cases fps down at begin of boss and trash fight then rise then down and so on.

When i play solo fps droped same but 5-10 fps.

I like this addon - great job but i cant use it for now

LL wait till some fix

Core 2 Duo (PC)
GF 8800 512 GTS

04-14-09, 06:39 AM   #57
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Lery View Post
Spiel, have you made any traction with finding the reason for this FPS issue with some people?
I've been consumed with staying in front of today's WoW 3.1 patch. Now that it out, I can focus on this problem fully.

04-14-09, 07:47 AM   #58
Lery
A Black Drake
I've been consumed with staying in front of today's WoW 3.1 patch. Now that it out, I can focus on this problem fully.
Maybe we will get lucky and one of Blizzards many undocumented "fixes" will somehow fix this issue.

04-16-09, 09:26 PM   #59
Lery
A Black Drake
Just thought I would update. Still very bad FPS in 25man raids. Since 3.1 has been unstable I am sure it could be a number of things. Just wanted to at least put something down in a post.

Did a 25 man vault tonight. FPS was really bad. Instead of overall bad FPS, it was low and then during individual fights the screen would almost freeze for a second before releasing.

Hope you can get this thing fixed soon. Although I think its a tough issue to identify.

04-16-09, 09:52 PM   #60
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Yeah... I finally got to log in on the live realm for a couple of minutes tonight just to test real quick on the aura bug fix and the bug fix for the info panel minimap and the frame rate was horrid just solo questing... 12-20fps and I'm usually around 90-120fps when I'm solo. Not sure what to blame that on.

That said, I am working on it still.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Low FPS is Raids with nUI+