02-20-13, 01:10 PM   #1
Chrome67
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Odd quest routing...

Okay, I like adventuring and exploring as much as the next guy, but this kinda routing is hilarious...

Just thought I'd let ya'll know...oh, and battleground team positioning seems to be whacky as well.

02-20-13, 01:21 PM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Chrome67 View Post
oh, and battleground team positioning seems to be whacky as well.
blech... of course it is >< hate battlegrounds so hadn't really tested them much, so had a feeling there was gunna be problems with them.

02-21-13, 08:53 PM   #3
Chrome67
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
blech... of course it is >< hate battlegrounds so hadn't really tested them much, so had a feeling there was gunna be problems with them.
always willing to test for you and provide more details if you like...run bg's/rbg's/wpvp areas constantly and love carbonite! Also, the modular aspect of it now is awesome and the garbage collection seems to really reduce the footprint on memory dramatically compared to previous.

02-21-13, 08:53 PM   #4
Chrome67
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
always willing to test for you and provide more details if you like...run bg's/rbg's/wpvp areas constantly and love carbonite! Also, the modular aspect of it now is awesome and the garbage collection seems to really reduce the footprint on memory dramatically compared to previous.

02-21-13, 09:04 PM   #5
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Chrome67 View Post
Okay, I like adventuring and exploring as much as the next guy, but this kinda routing is hilarious...
Looking at that picture... It reminds me of the routing that another addon provides.

Are you sure that's Carb doing the routing?

02-21-13, 09:50 PM   #6
Chrome67
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by JimJoBlue View Post
Looking at that picture... It reminds me of the routing that another addon provides.

Are you sure that's Carb doing the routing?
yep...it's the only routing addon I use. I know routes used to do things like that as well as questhelper, but don't use either, nor any other.

02-26-13, 07:46 PM   #7
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

I figured it out!!

You don't have flying on the toon in that pic...

So Carb is routing you via land to get to that quest.
If you DID have flying then Carb would just paint a direct line.
It's been bugging me for a while now.... But I managed to re-create it on a low lvl alt.

feature working as intended..

Last edited by JimJoBlue : 02-26-13 at 07:56 PM.

02-26-13, 09:54 PM   #8
Thrumbar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
talk about taking the long way to nowhere

That route is insane considering the quest ends in Thunderbluff. Thunderbluff is only enterable (with a lond mount) from Southern Barrens near Camp Taurajo ruins. What is with that long path that the last leg is not possible on a land mount....

Thurmbar

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I figured it out!!

You don't have flying on the toon in that pic...

So Carb is routing you via land to get to that quest.
If you DID have flying then Carb would just paint a direct line.
It's been bugging me for a while now.... But I managed to re-create it on a low lvl alt.

feature working as intended..

Last edited by Thrumbar : 02-26-13 at 09:59 PM.

02-26-13, 10:04 PM   #9
Thrumbar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
My comment was ment for the last leg of the path. It is accross at least one zone into another that has no way to zone to. That being Sithilus. It only has a zone in from Ugroth Crater. the Path starts in the zonein area to the Sithid raid zones in south Sithilus and is more indictive to a flight path up to the Tauren City than a ground mount path..

Thrumbar

02-26-13, 10:14 PM   #10
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

I managed to re-create the routing with an alliance toon.. Not that specific route but one similar.

If you look at the map you can see the route goes through (I don't know what they are called) the orange icons that tell you where the 2 zones connect.

I think Carb is missing the one that connects southern barrens to thunderbluff ending up with the displayed route...

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Odd quest routing...