03-12-13, 04:24 PM   #1
stones
A Black Drake
more Buggrabber errors

2x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn "Carbonite" tried to call the protected function "Minimap:SetWidth()".
!BugGrabber-r191-release\BugGrabber.lua:587: in function <!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:587>
<in C code>
Carbonite-5.1.6\NxMap.lua:2826: in function "MinimapSetScale"
Carbonite-5.1.6\NxMap.lua:7363: in function "ClipMMW"
Carbonite-5.1.6\NxMap.lua:2602: in function "MinimapUpdate"
Carbonite-5.1.6\NxMap.lua:4861: in function "Update"
Carbonite-5.1.6\NxMap.lua:4114: in function <Carbonite\NxMap.lua:4038>

Locals:
nil
Just wanted to let you know

03-12-13, 10:25 PM   #2
tuberon
A Murloc Raider
While I know this should bei n the bug report thread I'm adding my comment here.

Got the same errors with 5.1.6, tried downgrading to previous stable update, and got the same errors, suspect micropatch locked the minimap functions down.

03-13-13, 07:08 AM   #3
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thank you for your report.. But we kinda need more information than just the report..

E.G
Are you using the latest stable release or the beta?
Is your Carbonite up to date?
How do you update your Carbonite? (more important than you think...)

If you look in these very forums you can see there are sections dedicated to the 2 release versions.
I'll link them for you below..

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/f...play.php?f=119 <-- For the live stable release.
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/f...play.php?f=160 <-- for the beta release.

Also please be aware that there are MAJOR differences between the 2 different versions.. the beta is a completely new Carbonite that has been streamlined and re-written.

03-13-13, 11:37 AM   #4
tuberon
A Murloc Raider
Personally I was using the latest stable, as downloaded from Curse.

I reverted to the previous stable version and received the same errors.

Just cleared carbonite out of addons, placed beta in, and tested.

As with the Stable and Previous Stable releases, Beta provides no errors until entering combat for the first time.

*Step out of sunsong house, kill chicken, watch buggrabber go crazy, rinse, repeat*

Heading to work so unable to test Carbonite standalone from all other addons, but will attempt to do so later.

03-13-13, 11:59 AM   #5
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Have you tested it with just carbonite alone, and no other addons....

I haven't seen a combat related error in a long while, but that's not to say they don't still exist.

Usually if it's carbonite i'd see a lot of people reporting it along with seeing it myself, tho not all settings are the same so as above, it could be just want to narrow down.

03-13-13, 03:25 PM   #6
stones
A Black Drake
I am using 5.1.6 version of Carbonite, when I up date Carbonite I delete the Carbonite folders in the add -on Directory under Interface. And yes I have disabled all other add-on's and still get the errors.

I think I just found out what the problem is WOW just crashed to the point that I had to delete it and reinstall it, since I have a slow DSL connection I'll let you know what happens when I get it back up and running

03-13-13, 06:24 PM   #7
tuberon
A Murloc Raider
At least for me I've managed to identify it as a conflict with RealUI

Errors only occur on first combat, wiping errors and continuing on cause no further errors.

For some reason the error is listed as completely Carbonite's fault but with RealUI disabled the error vanishes. (Tried disabling addons one at a time).

Testing done with current beta.

Further testing limits conflict to RealUI new feature WorldMarker, disabling it in RealUI negates the error.

I'm guessing how ever the portion of RealUI is implemented it's very sloppy.

So, to finish, at least in my case, the problem is solved by disabling a setting in another addon. Posted here in case other user is also using the same addon.

03-13-13, 08:16 PM   #8
stones
A Black Drake
Thanks for the info, Iv been using ELVUI when I was getting all the error messages in bug grabber.

03-13-13, 11:18 PM   #9
tuberon
A Murloc Raider
Does ElvUI have any raid-marker type bits you could disable? Or other things that obviously interact with the map?

I used Addon Control Panel to go through my entire list of addons disabling them one at a time and reloading, until I discovered it was the core of RealUI, after a little research I discovered that it worked to somehow bind the world markers (raid lucky charms) to the map, and when I disabled that it stopped producing the errors, maybe something similar will work for ElvUI.

04-27-13, 09:25 AM   #10
TristanDamian
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Going to check this out now. I'm having the same problems. Will let you know if it fixed anything. Thanks!

04-27-13, 09:36 AM   #11
TristanDamian
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I did find another solution. Scale your minimap as small as possible (right click --> Minimap --> Docked Scale / Docked Scale in BG)
Will investigate further.

Didn't work. After a reload, it's spewing errors again. Grr!

Last edited by TristanDamian : 04-27-13 at 10:00 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » more Buggrabber errors