10-03-10, 03:51 PM   #1
Cidan
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Improvements to RDX menus

Hey everyone,

With RDX 7.5, I've added some changes to the menus we use for some things. The top bar menu now uses the standard Blizzard EasyMenu API for a "built in" look. I've also brought back the Mini RDX button that used to sit next to the mini map in RDX 7.3 and earlier. The mini button contains a menu of it's own (not yet finished) that allows for quick and easy access to RDX features without having to use the main menu panel. The mini panel has an option to totally hide the top main menu panel and (soon) you will be able to hide both the mini button and the main menu panel.

That being said, there is a new option for mouse bindings, "Show RDX Compact Menu." It allows you to create any frame you want and have it open the mini compact RDX menu. This way, on the functional front end side of RDX, the user has complete control as to how it works. No more forced bars/buttons on the screen!

That's all for now,

-Cid
10-15-10, 08:19 AM   #2
Kcori
A Black Drake
Cidan,
Thanks for adding the quick lock/unlock function to the menu button. Would it be possible to add some sort of anchoring to the button. The button seems to get lost if you're going from a larger screen (1900x1200) to a smaller screen (1280x1024) provided you have the button on the edge of the screen.
10-15-10, 02:47 PM   #3
Cidan
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Certainly. I will clamp the button to the screen.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » Improvements to RDX menus