06-10-09, 03:08 PM   #1
WoodroweBones
A Kobold Labourer
Freezing Issues?

Anyone else having issues where their WoW will suddenly just freeze up and stop responding with carbonite? When mine does it I have to CTRL+ALT+DEL then start task manager and end the process. The process is still using 50% CPU at the time but nothing happens.

I did some testing and with carbonite disabled I never freeze. Also if I have carbonite enabled but dont replace my minimap with the carbonite one (can still replace the main map) then it doesnt freeze either.

It seems to do it the most in crowded areas (i.e. Dalaran and Wintergrasp). I tried just turning off the punk detection and zone channel to see if that would solve it but they keep happening. It seems that there is something in carbonite flooding WoW with data in crowded areas and causing the game to freeze.

I have tried deleting my cache/wtf/wbd folders and all addons then reinstalling them but it still freezes. My other addons are:

FloAspectBar
Recount
Atlas
Atlasloot Enhanced
Bagnon
DropTheCheapestThing
Peggle

I love carbonite so I'd hate to have to disable it

Any suggestions/comments?

06-15-09, 08:14 AM   #2
LadySilverwolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I have been having this problem as well, but the only addons similar between us that is similiar is Recount and DropTheCheapestThing, and I seriously doubt either of these are the problem.

I actually begin to think its a RAM issue. How much RAM is on your machine? Right now I have 2gb on mine.

06-15-09, 08:23 AM   #3
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The best way to troubleshoot this issue is to delete the Cache folder, rename the Interface and WTF folders, manually create the Interface/Addons folder and drop Carbonite in there. Run Carbonite (and no other addons) in a fresh test bed using the default UI and fresh game settings.

06-16-09, 05:18 PM   #4
paquita
A Kobold Labourer
mine freeses(crashes wow) wow when i open the map ( i mean it will open carbonite big map)

ive set it now to open just the default map this works fine but i rather use carbonite map

06-20-09, 05:56 AM   #5
DJ67
A Defias Bandit
I'm getting the same issue. Freezes when i open the main map.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Freezing Issues?