10-10-12, 05:39 PM   #1
Candyhearts
A Kobold Labourer
SharedMedia fonts not working in Carbonite?

Hello, quick question: is SharedMedia no longer working in Carbonite? No other fonts are showing up except the default 4 for me. Other add-ons seem to have access to the additional fonts from SharedMedia.

Thank-you!

10-11-12, 07:39 AM   #2
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Did Carbonite ever support LibSharedMedia-3.0 and its media plugins? I'm sure I will be corrected, but since Carbonite does not use Ace, LibStub, or CallbackHandler, I doubt it could or would display additional fonts unless they were hard-coded into Carbonite in the first place.

Of course, with Rythal taking over, and given his plans for future development, it would be reasonable to hope it will be added.

10-11-12, 02:56 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
Did Carbonite ever support LibSharedMedia-3.0 and its media plugins? I'm sure I will be corrected, but since Carbonite does not use Ace, LibStub, or CallbackHandler, I doubt it could or would display additional fonts unless they were hard-coded into Carbonite in the first place.

Of course, with Rythal taking over, and given his plans for future development, it would be reasonable to hope it will be added.
I don't think any of those libraries are necessary to use Shared Media. Here's the entire description from the addon:
Inserts media (fonts, bars, borders, etc) into LibSharedMedia's storage. They can then be selected by any addon that supports LibSharedMedia, a lot of them do.
Here's LibSharedMedia's API. While Carbonite doesn't have a copy of LibSharedMedia in its' installation folder, support is, apparently, written in to Carbonite for it.

Screen shots:
Old:Click image for larger version

Name:	Carb_Fonts.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	268.8 KB
ID:	7280 New:Click image for larger version

Name:	Carb_Fonts-2.jpg
Views:	613
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	7281

I always keep a copy of LibSharedMedia (currently LibSharedMedia-3.0) installed and updated. It's a stand-alone addon, so why not?

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 10-11-12 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Repairs. 8^)

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » SharedMedia fonts not working in Carbonite?