10-14-05, 11:20 PM   #1
Vex
Premium Member

SetScale() ?

Code:
<Frame name="DiscordMiniDropDown" inherits="UIDropDownMenuTemplate" hidden="true" toplevel="true">
	<Size>
	<AbsDimension x="120" y="-60"/>
	</Size>
	<Anchors>
	<Anchor point="BOTTOMRIGHT" relativeto="DiscordMini_Button">
	<Offset>
	<AbsDimension x="-80" y="0"/>
	</Offset>
	</Anchor>
	</Anchors>
	<Scripts>
	<OnLoad>
	DiscordMiniDropDown:SetScale(0.7);
	DiscordMiniDropDown_OnLoad();
	</OnLoad>
	</Scripts>
</Frame>
its not shrinking my dropdownmenu

Also, i have it set to inherit "UIDropDownMenuTemplate"... how can i change the font used?

i tried adding a <FontString> bit, and i tried setting font="...." within the <Frame> but nothing's working :x
10-15-05, 12:47 AM   #2
Gello
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
UIDropDownMenuTemplate is in UIDropDownMenu.xml. Layers and frames can be larger than their parent frame's size. When you set a <Size> and then put inherited controls ontop of that frame, it will use the size tags in the inherited control.

Also I think for dropdowns, the UI adjusts the width for its content? Not certain since I never use them.

A single Dropdown menu is shared across the entire UI, so if you do alter its font it will likely stay altered for all other mods. You've done a lot of work in it already but one thing I'd suggest is perhaps making your own dropdown without inheriting one. If there's only a handful of options that don't change as the mod is used, it's simply a matter of making a frame with buttons inside. Then you can have greater control of size, font, etc.
10-15-05, 05:24 AM   #3
Vex
Premium Member

I tried duplicating the UIDropDownMenuTemplate code from the base FrameXML, but when i rename it, i get some weird error from titanutils ( ya i know wtf ) saying something like 'MyNameDropDownMenuTemplateDrop1" or something...

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » SetScale() ?