01-11-12, 05:25 AM   #1
Disarray
A Defias Bandit
No player/target frames, no LUA errors

I've been banging my head against this problem for a few days and not getting anywhere with it. I'm starting out with a new layout, using some code pieces from an old one I have and some other popular layouts. I'm just trying to get the player and target frames displaying first but I'm not having any luck. The default Blizzard frames have been removed by my new frames are no where to be seen and there are no LUA errors to help me diagnose why.

I've managed to replace the default Blizzard Buff frame with my own layout and this appears correctly. I thought it would be my spawning code by I've added print statements throughout that and it steps through correctly. When I try to get the frame to display using /run framename:Show() I get a nil LUA error.

I've linked the code to my core file, the only other file is the config and I can show that if needed.

Any help would be appreciated, I know it's probably something small I'm missing but I cannot see the wood for the trees.

http://pastebin.com/2fEsu2W6
01-11-12, 05:58 AM   #2
yj589794
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm at work so can only have a quick look, but...

1) you never set the size of self, so try doing that
2) you are drawing the target frame off the screen
01-11-12, 06:07 AM   #3
Disarray
A Defias Bandit
Thanks for the quick response, it was the missing self:SetSize().

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » No player/target frames, no LUA errors