02-16-12, 08:03 AM   #1
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
oUF 1.6

Haste is there any global changelog on what changed from 1.5.x to 1.6?

Other than: https://github.com/haste/oUF/compare/stable...master

Release date?

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

Last edited by zork : 02-16-12 at 08:22 AM.
02-16-12, 08:59 AM   #2
yj589794
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Hmmm,

If the release date is soon (and not in the Blizzard "Soon™" way), and the new interface is fairly stable, then I'll look at updating some of the wiki entries.
I've not been keeping an eye on the changes, so it'd be a good exercise in learning about the changes.

** That is assuming I don't brick my PC when installing the upgrades that should be arriving tomorrow
02-16-12, 11:56 AM   #3
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by zork View Post
Haste is there any global changelog on what changed from 1.5.x to 1.6?

Other than: https://github.com/haste/oUF/compare/stable...master

Release date?
There isn't really any changelog between 1.5 and 1.6 yet, other than the actual commits and source. Generally the changes aren't too extensive.

There are some things I currently want to get done before pushing 1.6:

- Create a solution for Issue 38.
- Review, simplify and merge in Issue 112 as a option.
- Merge in Issue 110 since it looks like p3lim finally has cleaned up his branch.
- Implement a solution for overriding textures on elements that dynamically change them.
- Potentially rename several elements so they follow one standard. We currently have things such as: AltPowerBar vs Power, Assistant vs RaidIcon.
- Implement a "version proxy", which pretty much will be evil and "port" 1.5 layouts over to 1.6.
- Fix the issues with PreSetPosition mentioned here.

Originally Posted by yj589794 View Post
Hmmm,
If the release date is soon (and not in the Blizzard "Soon™" way), and the new interface is fairly stable, then I'll look at updating some of the wiki entries.
The release date of 1.6 has been Blizzard "Soon" for quite a while :P. Regarding the wiki: I've been slowly throwing together a parser for something like TomDoc and started migrating the documentation from the wiki into the source files again.

So far I've only finished:
- AltPowerBar
- Assistant
- Aura
- Castbar, minus hooks/callbacks

I could probably push the branch remote at this point. I'm fairly happy with the current syntax and the HTML generator works (but lacks a couple things).
02-17-12, 03:04 AM   #4
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

No pressure. Just fetching up. Thanks.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)
07-15-12, 01:04 AM   #5
Freebaser
A Molten Kobold Bandit

How mature is the master branch right now? Not necessarily in stability, but in 1.5 -> 1.6 layout breaks.

Assuming I use all elements.
07-22-12, 03:56 AM   #6
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
I don't have a overview myself even. The add-on enabled patch was pushed just before I went on vacation, so I've only had time to take a minor look and some fixes.

I'll see if I can take a look today.
07-29-12, 03:46 PM   #7
Lysiander
An Aku'mai Servant
@Freebaser, the only layout breaking change I have encountered so far is the tag handling, using pretty much everything except most of the icon stuff (party leader and the like). This is strict playablity though, not efficiency.

I have a question regarding the new Aura system. If I read the code (and documentation) correctly, we can define two seperate filter functions for buffs and debuffs in the same aura element now. Is this true? If so: THANKS A LOT.

Finally, I am unsure if this counts as an issue or a feature request, so I thought the forums are a better starting point. Just try it on for size. A lot of layouts use square textures and such for the overlay. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to turn the overlay mechanic into a backdrop table with options for backdrop and border file and have both colors change equally according to debufftype and the like. (Or just the border) It would take a little adjustment in the numbers department since back drop borders grow over the button size, but it would make a lot of layout work simpler. (Buttons could just be size -(2*edgesize) and spacing +(2*edgesize) by default)

Frankly, I am unsure if this is a good idea for oUF or a good idea for me, so I'd appreciate input.
07-29-12, 09:46 PM   #8
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
Sorry, but .buffFilter and .debuffFilter are for the filter argument of UnitAura. I could make it check for CustomBuffFilter and CustomDebuffFilter as well however.

The only changes made to the aura element in 1.6 is when :SetPosition() is run. Unless I've done something more and forgotten about it. :P

Using a backdrop would probably just be beneficial to layouts where auras only grow in one direction. There's also the issue with how it should handle multiple debuff types. It's also fairly easy for layouts to implement this.

The first thing you would have to do is replace :SetPosition() with a function that doesn't use the size of the main container frame to calculate rows and columns. The second thing is to update the size of the container frame based upon the number of icons shown. You can use .visibleBuffs, .visibleDebuffs or .visibleAuras to figure out that.
07-30-12, 04:05 AM   #9
Lysiander
An Aku'mai Servant
I guess I got overexited and saw this that weren't there. It would be pretty awesome though. So far, I have to call UnitAura a second time in my custom filters to distinguish between buffs and debuffs. I tried button.filter, but that seems to be undefined occasionally for some reason. The idea is to have a simple debuff display that also shows the really important buffs on bosses or players. It does work fine in the current system, it would probably just make the filter functions smaller.

So far I have simply used PostCreateIcon (to add a backdrop and hide the overlay) and PostUpdate (to equalize the backdrop color with the overlay color ). They are both functions I have to call anyway, since I have my layout change the size of the aura frame based on the number of visible auras. (I use buffs and debuffs for player and target respectively to show as bars instead of icons as a sort of class timer type system.)

Another thing I was wondering about, currently, when using the showDebuff, showBuff, showType options, oUF uses the DebuffColor["none"] for everything that does not have a debuff type. Wouldn't it be a good idea to define an additional color for none in the case of buffs? It seems kind of counter intuitive to have buffs show up as red. (Again, easily done in layouts.)

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » oUF 1.6