04-16-09, 01:00 AM   #1
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

Carbonite/nUI issues

I am reposting this here (I already posted this in the Carbonite area as I feel the first two are probably just their issue). Scott, if you focus on the last issue in this thread I think this might be a conflict tween Carbonite and nUI now. I have been using both addons ever since I stumbled across nUI. I had Carbonite long before the UI addon. I have always loved the minimap dock feature of Carbonite and although having both mods handle the buttons was a bit off there were never any real issues doing so. But now, when I hit the button to open the minimap button bag I get what is in that screen and none of those buttons are usable.

Not sure if this is something you can fix or not but here is the post. Also, if there is anything else I can gather for you that might help just let me know and I will try to grab it and post it here or via email if you prefer.

Love your addon and feel like I can't play without it. Obviously, since the patch things are a bit "funky". I have found the following issues with Carbonite (I am posting some of this in the nUI area as well because some could be conflicts between the two addons):

In this first one the instance map is clearly missing from the map window and the icons of the party members look more like those of cartographer rather than carbonite. Not sure what is causing this but its very annoying cuz I LOVED having the Carbonite minimap show my instance the way it usually did.

In this one you can clearly see (I hope) that there are actually two different arrows for my character showing, one is sorta correct and the other is not. Also, at times I have noticed that the arrow just quits turning at all and it looks like I am running sideways.

This last one, I'm not sure if it is Carbonite or nUI causing the problem, or if the two just can't play nice right now. But as you can see I do have Carbonite set to put the minimap in my map window and manage the buttons outside of the map. nUI has its own way of managing the buttons and usually the two play fairly nicely together and it never hits my map but as you can see in this shot the buttons are fully fubar'd in my map and you actually can't even select them like this. Not good if you want to try to open atlas or atlasloot or anything else like that.

04-16-09, 04:16 AM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Have you used the "/nui minimap' option to turn nUI's management of the minimap off?

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

04-16-09, 03:35 PM   #3
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

I had already done that previously but let me see if it's still off. And as an update Carbonite just updated today, and after installing this update all of the other issues are gone, except for the mess of a minimap when I open the minimap button bag.

04-16-09, 03:38 PM   #4
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

Check the GUI for nUI and regardless of whether or not nUI is 'managing' the minimap the buttons still splash all over the minimap when I try to open the button bag and none of the buttons are usable.

04-16-09, 04:04 PM   #5
Jaehend
A Murloc Raider
try going into the Carbonite options and deselect Move Minimap (first two options) in the "Map Minimap" section. The screenies you give lead me to believe that you left those options on and thereore are causing a conflict between the way Nui sets things up and the way Carbonite does. Also, Carbonite was updated last night to relieve an issue similar to your duel arrow one so you might want to check on that. As for the icons, if you are letting Carbonite control your minimap and have the setting to Emulate under the General section of Carbonite options is may be making the icons look the way they do.

04-17-09, 09:38 AM   #6
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

No. The first two issues were fixed by the Carbonite update, but my issue here is with the last option. I have always had Carbonite merge the minimap with its map. Even when I had nUI I just used the Carbonite map function and disabled the nUI minimap. My problem is with the button bag, which was never an issue before. Now, the button bag no longer shows when I click on it. Instead my buttons get splashed all over the minimap and I can't use them.

Please, help me cuz I really liked it the way it was.

04-17-09, 10:49 AM   #7
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It looks like in your last screen shot, you have Carbonite trying to group the minimap buttons into it's own Button box. If nUI is still able to collect the buttons with it's control of the minimap disabled, then I would have to say the two addons are playing tug of war right now. Carb wants them in it's box, nUI wants them in it's box, and neither side is winning.

I would try and disable the option in Carbonite for it to handle your minimap buttons. That may fix the issue there.

04-17-09, 12:59 PM   #8
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

Ok, maybe I'm not being clear, I have always used Carbonite to house the minimap and I have never had an issue with the buttons. But just to be a good sport I decided to turn off the Carbonite management of the minimap and let nUI handle it all. This is what I get when I hit the button bag. Same story, just different location. This is clearly a nUI issue.

04-17-09, 01:15 PM   #9
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Actually... no... it isn't... it's because you're allowing Carbonite to manage the minimap BUTTONS, not the minimap. Two different things.

nUI can only pick up the buttons and put them in the button bag. Once they are in there, they stay there unless something else takes them back out... which is what Carbonite is doing.

If you disable Carbonite, do the buttons go in the button bag? If you then open the button bag, do the buttons stay in the button bag then?

There is nothing nUI can do to prevent another mod from picking the buttons back up and moving them again after nUI has done it. If nUI picks them up and puts them in the bag, it has no way of knowing another mod is moving them again.

nUI does have code that every few minutes looks to see if there are new buttons on the minimap and if so, picks those up and moves them into the button bag. So, nUI gathers the buttons into the bag, you open the bag and that triggers the Carbonite button with a Show() call and that causes Carbonite to move all the buttons back to the minimap. A few minutes later, nUI's timer goes off, it sees buttons on the minimap that don't belong there and moves them back into the button bag... and so it goes.

The only way to stop this happening is to tell Carbonite to leave the minimap buttons alone.

04-17-09, 01:18 PM   #10
wreck
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Ok that is just weird. I too use both of these addons. I installed the latest of both before playing yesterday. I have never seen this issue. Do you use any other addons to manage the minimap or buttons?

How do you have nUI's bags and button bag options set? I use the default, perhaps there is some difference in your settings.

I turned off Carbonite's "Merging" of the blizzard minimap as I found it was just too hard to read and prefer it down where nUI positions it. However, I still don't see anything like you are seeing.

Also, I turned off Carbonite's minimap buttons, as it WAS appearing on the screen right edge, but not like you see it. Perhaps that will help.

04-17-09, 07:22 PM   #11
scoutman57
A Murloc Raider
map buttons

I am having the same issues. I have dissabled the manage buttons in carbinite and in nui

Also I have disabled nUI and noticed that when i click on the button bag all my buttons are on the mini map unusable just as the example he posted.

i have to /nui bagscale 1.5 and then the buttons show up in the bag. but this does not stay after a /rl. Also i noticed the 4 main buttons that set the corner of the map is in different locations. I have tryind moving them with moveanything and they just keep going back to where they were after a reload.

The 4 main buttons were working correctly until yesterday, and I have not installed any addons since it was working.

I really like Nui but the buttons are driving me crazy.

04-18-09, 10:54 AM   #12
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Actually... no... it isn't... it's because you're allowing Carbonite to manage the minimap BUTTONS, not the minimap. Two different things.

nUI can only pick up the buttons and put them in the button bag. Once they are in there, they stay there unless something else takes them back out... which is what Carbonite is doing.

If you disable Carbonite, do the buttons go in the button bag? If you then open the button bag, do the buttons stay in the button bag then?

There is nothing nUI can do to prevent another mod from picking the buttons back up and moving them again after nUI has done it. If nUI picks them up and puts them in the bag, it has no way of knowing another mod is moving them again.

nUI does have code that every few minutes looks to see if there are new buttons on the minimap and if so, picks those up and moves them into the button bag. So, nUI gathers the buttons into the bag, you open the bag and that triggers the Carbonite button with a Show() call and that causes Carbonite to move all the buttons back to the minimap. A few minutes later, nUI's timer goes off, it sees buttons on the minimap that don't belong there and moves them back into the button bag... and so it goes.

The only way to stop this happening is to tell Carbonite to leave the minimap buttons alone.
Actually, no. If Carbonite is not managing the minimap it cannot manage the buttons. The minimap buttons option automatically deselects when you stop housing the minimap in carbonite.

/edit
Ok, again cuz I'm such a sport, I logged in with Carbonite disabled before even logging in. This first screen shows the map in nUI and as you can see along the right edge of my screen there is no Carbonite. I disabled it before logging in.

As you can see here, when I hit the button bag, KABOOM. Buttons everywhere but in the bag and again still not useable.

/edit the edit

I even tried leaving Carbonite on but removing the handling of the buttons by Carbonite and again I get the same result. Buttons splashed all over the minimap and not useable.

Last edited by todd0168 : 04-18-09 at 11:17 AM.

04-18-09, 11:18 AM   #13
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Can you please try that with nUI being the *ONLY* mod that is enabled.

You won't have any other mods to show in the button bag, but the built in calendar will be there. Does it stay there when you open the bag?

Now, enable a couple of mods that are not bar mods and do not interact with the minimap... say DBM, Recount and Omen3 if you have those installed.

Now, if you open the button bag, do they stay there? If not, let me know, but if the only mods that you have enabled are nUI, Omen3, Recount and DBM, I'll bet money their buttons all stay in the button bag.

If I am right, start enabling your other mods one or two at a time and recheck the button bag each time until you find the mod that is causing the problem.

04-18-09, 11:27 AM   #14
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Completely off topic and I apologize, but Todd, how the heck do you manage to get 30-75 ms latency?

Just for on topic's sake....I've tried messing around with the options both in Carb and nUI and cannot get a similar problem to occur. With/without Carb controlling the buttons etc. I did notice that when I enabled Carb to handle the buttons while still having nUI try to also, that the 4-5 buttons from the minimap in nUI went to the Carb box along with Carb's icon, the rest nUI won in the button bag.

My Versions: Carb 3.1
nUI 5.02.01

04-18-09, 10:37 PM   #15
Baltharus
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

i as well have not had a problem with this or have been able to re create it..

no idea whats happening here...

Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Completely off topic and I apologize, but Todd, how the heck do you manage to get 30-75 ms latency?
i have an average of 38 MS... but only an average of 10FPS

NOTE: I have 10 FPS without nUI too o.O

04-19-09, 07:11 AM   #16
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

I have been using nUI and carbonite together since before I can remember never seen the issue gonna play with the options and see if I can get it too do it. Just a thought some one else posted by changing the bag scale the buttons stay in have you tried that? If so then I would think one of the buttons is not scaling correctly or maybe there are too many for the manager's frame so they spill out? Might be worth a shot to try it out so we can narrow it down

04-19-09, 11:46 AM   #17
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

When I get the chance to get on today I will mess around with all of these options and see if I can narrow it down.

As for the latency is a nice side affect of having upgraded to 10 meg cable internet connection. And just the other day I managed a roughly 20-30ms latency with frame rates around 60-70 fps.

04-20-09, 08:36 AM   #18
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

Ok, it's definately one of my addons, now to figure which one. I will post as soon as I find it.

/edit

Ok, figured it out. After having to switch to curse from wowmatrix, I was using fluid frames to be able to move my frames around the screen, but curse does not support fluid frames, so I switched to floating frames, and this addon is the culprit. I have all my other addons enabled but that one and the button bag works just fine, but once I enable that one, BAMO, the buttons go crazy.

Does anyone use something other than floating frames to be able to move your frames around the screen or am I just stuck with non-movable frames?

Last edited by todd0168 : 04-20-09 at 09:08 AM.

04-21-09, 09:31 AM   #19
scoutman57
A Murloc Raider
Well I think we might have found the issue. I have not tested this but I use Moveanything to move my windows.

It appears that several of us having the issue is using some addon to move windows around. See other post.

I will check this once the servers are back up. Maybe this will fix the issue of popups disappering to. such as when i hit esc to bring up menu or when i visit a NPC the windows disappear and I cant use them.

Anyone else have this issue?

04-21-09, 09:33 AM   #20
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

try out blizzmove or betterblizzoptions those will move any of blizzards frames

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Carbonite/nUI issues