10-12-09, 09:11 AM   #1
wektis
A Kobold Labourer
Guild Data Plugin

First gotta say love nUI, keep up the awesome work!

As a Guild Master one Plugin I would love to see would be per the attached image.

The guild MOTD could be pulled straight from WoW.

The files would have a default image and configurable text to show the user where/how to change it.

If you, or one of the guys that are familiar with coding nUI plugins could give it a go that would be fantastic!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	myidea.JPG
Views:	891
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	3482  

10-13-09, 01:01 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Theoretically it is possible. One could even make the Guild Image a button that pulled up the guild info pane I believe.

At the moment though I am not playing WoW otherwise I would jump at this. If, after I come back, sometime soon, and this still doesn't seem to have been added in any form I will take a stab at it.

01-06-10, 08:36 AM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Apologies for the delay Wektis and thanks for reminding me about this via the guildchat addon page.

Is this what you had in mind ?

If so, I'll finalise it and post it up.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_010610_143047.jpg
Views:	947
Size:	341.8 KB
ID:	3810  

01-06-10, 01:35 PM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Xrystal... I really like that. Will it be customizable as far as the colors, logo, and/or font?

01-06-10, 02:35 PM   #5
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Sweet! thank you Xrystal thats a cool little plug-in

01-06-10, 02:46 PM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
Xrystal... I really like that. Will it be customizable as far as the colors, logo, and/or font?
Look at the text in the main chat window

Its a carry over of the mageports plugin for the standalone plugin functionality and so I kept the font size changing and updateinterval changing. I added the custom image and custom message slash commands to round it off

The WTF values are per character just in case you have different guild settings and thus different vent or whatever information you want displayed in the custom message screen.

If the MOTD is changed it will reflect it within seconds and if you decide to turn off the image display for one reason or another it will reload the UI automatically as that is the only way it will reflect that change, whereas imagefile name changes take affect automatically.

At the moment I haven't coded in the validation that the message text is less than the max displayable nor that the imagefile chosen exists but with the latter there probably isn't a way to do that anyway.

01-07-10, 12:03 AM   #7
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Rofl, seeing as Petrah and Neural are liking it .. rofl, what do you think it needs

Okay, for your playing about pleasure rofl And hopefully you will find a few bugs or features you may want

For now I have left in the nUI image and set up a default custom message in the localisation files. Although, come to think of it the image filename probably shouldn't need to be so may get changed before I upload an official copy.

Have fun with it and throw me some ideas.
Attached Files
File Type: zip nUI_InfoPanel_GuildInfo_v1_01_00.zip (17.5 KB, 852 views)

01-07-10, 01:07 AM   #8
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Might be worth seeing if you can fetch the guild tabard for the image. Not sure if its doable but figured id toss that out there.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

01-07-10, 03:38 AM   #9
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Yeah I'm not sure about that. I don't think I have ever found a function or set of variables that make up that image .

01-07-10, 05:15 AM   #10
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I dunno how to fix it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_010710_014104.jpg
Views:	917
Size:	349.4 KB
ID:	3815  

01-07-10, 05:20 AM   #11
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Ah, gots the problem. Guess I need to work some more on uiScaling. It should be taking it into account but it isn't.

Ah, I see what I'm doing wrong. Not setting the size of the image to scale but to a fixed value and everything ties to it.

Edit:

Okay, if you make the following changes to the nUI_InfoPanel_GuildInfo.lua file it should *crosses fingers* work with uiScaling. Regardless of scaling it will fit into the left 1/3 and top 1/2. Fontsize 10 seems to be too big for long motd messages but 8 seems too small so will probably have to play with scrolling frames again to make the 2 message frames a scrolling message box of some sort.

Code:
resizeGuildInfo = function(height,width)
	local GuildInfo   = plugin.GuildInfo;
	nUI_Movers:lockFrame( GuildInfo, false, nil );
	GuildInfo:SetWidth( width ); 
	GuildInfo:SetHeight( height ); 
	GuildInfo.Image:SetWidth( width / 3 );
	GuildInfo.Image:SetHeight( height / 2 );
	nUI_Movers:lockFrame( GuildInfo, true, nil );
end
The following images show the display with both uiScaling active and non active and each time it is changed you need to do a reloadUI as blizzard doesn't think that option needs it for some reason rofl. Then if the font is too small or too big try resetting to its uiScaling default by typing /gi fontsize.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_010710_113048.jpg
Views:	896
Size:	345.6 KB
ID:	3816  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_010710_113128.jpg
Views:	874
Size:	365.1 KB
ID:	3817  

Last edited by Xrystal : 01-07-10 at 05:34 AM.

01-07-10, 05:36 AM   #12
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 View Post
Might be worth seeing if you can fetch the guild tabard for the image. Not sure if its doable but figured id toss that out there.
Yep, spent an hour or two scouring tabard addons and the wowdiff files to see how their tabard frame works but not once does it reference a variable or function to access the chosen tabard parts.

01-07-10, 07:03 AM   #13
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Ah, gots the problem. Guess I need to work some more on uiScaling. It should be taking it into account but it isn't.

Ah, I see what I'm doing wrong. Not setting the size of the image to scale but to a fixed value and everything ties to it.

Edit:

Okay, if you make the following changes to the nUI_InfoPanel_GuildInfo.lua file it should *crosses fingers* work with uiScaling. Regardless of scaling it will fit into the left 1/3 and top 1/2. Fontsize 10 seems to be too big for long motd messages but 8 seems too small so will probably have to play with scrolling frames again to make the 2 message frames a scrolling message box of some sort.

Code:
resizeGuildInfo = function(height,width)
	local GuildInfo   = plugin.GuildInfo;
	nUI_Movers:lockFrame( GuildInfo, false, nil );
	GuildInfo:SetWidth( width ); 
	GuildInfo:SetHeight( height ); 
	GuildInfo.Image:SetWidth( width / 3 );
	GuildInfo.Image:SetHeight( height / 2 );
	nUI_Movers:lockFrame( GuildInfo, true, nil );
end
The following images show the display with both uiScaling active and non active and each time it is changed you need to do a reloadUI as blizzard doesn't think that option needs it for some reason rofl. Then if the font is too small or too big try resetting to its uiScaling default by typing /gi fontsize.
RAWR! That worked!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_010710_050103.jpg
Views:	908
Size:	398.4 KB
ID:	3818  

01-07-10, 10:21 AM   #14
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Haven't had a chance to check it out yet but is there a way we could add the number of members online in there sorta like a ldb plug-in and have it show that list on mouse over as well as click to bring up the guild window. I know
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info11205-Ara_Broker_Guild_Friends.html
this one has a couple click features for the pop up window like click name whisper alt click invite right click set note that sorta thing.
Anyway just some ideas if you wanted to through any of that in there

01-07-10, 11:04 AM   #15
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by neuralassassin View Post
Haven't had a chance to check it out yet but is there a way we could add the number of members online in there sorta like a ldb plug-in and have it show that list on mouse over as well as click to bring up the guild window. I know
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info11205-Ara_Broker_Guild_Friends.html
this one has a couple click features for the pop up window like click name whisper alt click invite right click set note that sorta thing.
Anyway just some ideas if you wanted to through any of that in there
Yeah I was thinking of some basic guild numbers like I have on the guildchat window when hovering over the panel but have as of yet not figured out how to get the GuildList Window up. And the pop up window click thing is something I've never looked into yet so will see. Maybe for a later addition once I figured it all out

01-22-10, 06:38 AM   #16
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Okay, added some more stuff to this. Looked at Arabroker though but thats a bit complex for me at the moment so will leave that fancy stuff till later.

I've made the image and guild motd area bigger and shrunk the gap around the frame to 5 instead of 10 allowing the custom message to allow more text as well.

The Image is now a button holding a tooltip that will show the latest guild count info and left clicking it will bring up the guild frame itself.

Tada!!

Will await your comments and will upload once I have prettified the code and you feel it is ready as it is.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_012210_123305.jpg
Views:	887
Size:	300.2 KB
ID:	3876  

01-22-10, 06:42 AM   #17
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Actually, forgot to reset the fontsize to fit the scaling so here's a better screenshot.

Also, looking at this I may have showing of the yellow borders an optional extra with them by default turned off. I'll also consider making the backgrounds of the message areas have an optional color setting which the user again can change.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_012210_124013.jpg
Views:	868
Size:	287.4 KB
ID:	3877  

01-22-10, 07:05 AM   #18
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Okay, added more info to tooltip

Guild Name, Guild Leader and their online status. Seem to be useful information to know at a glance.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_012210_130412.jpg
Views:	903
Size:	320.2 KB
ID:	3878  

05-04-10, 09:59 PM   #19
schmitty
A Cliff Giant

Question

Dou you have an official version of this yet Xrystal?

05-04-10, 10:31 PM   #20
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Aha, this is the thread .. rofl was looking for this the other day.

I haven't released it officially yet but it's bugged out with the new loading order changes in 5.06.17 so I'm gonna need to change it before releasing it. I've been busy on a couple of other of my addons so haven't really had any thought on this one at all in ages.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » Guild Data Plugin