12-09-06, 11:05 PM   #81
gariig
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
I don't use Charcoal for my main because all the Discord stuff makes GC happen too frequently. However, Charcoal was great when leveling an alt. You get instant great UI. Now I have to go through the pain of setting up all of my bars
12-09-06, 11:49 PM   #82
laughingdog
A Murloc Raider
I tried ag_UnitFrames, but just ran into too many weaknesses and problems with it. The stat bars lagged like mad when I shapeshifted. The xp bar doesn't actually let you see how much xp you still need to level. The windows wouldn't turn off when I entered a raid, and then after hiding the party interface, I couldn't find a way to get them to come back again. The final clincher for deleting it was the fact that it won't show if you're pvp flagged or not. I would have thought that might be an important status to include.

I guess I'm going to have to suffer through the default unit frames until someone makes something closer to Discord Unit Frames.
12-10-06, 11:20 AM   #83
Foxxen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Induron
For what ever its worth, I think that Fusion was supposed to be a standalone that didn't require Discord, but I could be wrong.
Yeah I heard the same, just at least if Discord was up I'd have some of my past functionality able to be restored. Yeah, I'm hoping to hear something about Fusion soon. Right now I'm using Trinity Bar and Perl Classic Unit Frames, in conjunction with my normal addons that I like. To be honest I've almost restored 100% of my functionality, minus the look and feel of Charcoal / Discord. Doesn't mean I don't miss them though.

Hope you're still out there Crash!
12-10-06, 08:59 PM   #84
Waterloo
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by DivinoAG
Let me ask you guys something. How's life without Charcoal for you?
I've been using Maul's Trinity Bars. I like them quite a bit... more than Discord, actually. I'm sure Loz has functionality that Trinity is missing, but nothing I miss.

I really like (liked?) Charcoal a lot. Great ui. Clean and attractive. I miss it. Until Crash gets his updated, I'll use Trinity. I sure miss Crash's unit frames, though...
12-11-06, 06:57 AM   #85
fred
A Cobalt Mageweaver
I , too, went with ag_UnitFrames and Trinity. NOT the same as Charcoal..but it WILL suffice. I remember reading what Crash said...and I keep it in mind..."I'll have Fusion ready for The Burning Crusade"..so that's what keeps me going..
12-11-06, 04:41 PM   #86
Nightravyn
A Murloc Raider
Add one more person in to the "oh gods, where is my Charcoal?!" therapy-needing pile. I'm using X-perl and Bongos for the time being. They are getting the job done for now, but I still look at screenshots I have from when Charcoal was working and whimper. I know of at least 2 other people in my guild that are also twitching over being Charcoal-less.

:;sigh:: Really can't wait for it to come out. Three cheers to you, Crash, for such a wonderful UI and here's hoping everything goes swimmingly in the new development.
12-13-06, 12:39 AM   #87
Loads
A Kobold Labourer
it's a secret to everybody.
Truly evil Crash.
12-13-06, 07:45 PM   #88
Foxxen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by fred
I , too, went with ag_UnitFrames and Trinity. NOT the same as Charcoal..but it WILL suffice. I remember reading what Crash said...and I keep it in mind..."I'll have Fusion ready for The Burning Crusade"..so that's what keeps me going..

Yeah, just wish we'd hear more from Crash though. I'd like to hear how it's coming or something. But yeah, I'm using Trinity Bars and Perl Classic UF. They're good, but it's not the same. I miss Charcoal something fierce atm.
12-14-06, 09:09 PM   #89
Induron
A Murloc Raider

I'd moved away from Charcoal before the patch, and since then, I've been using the hacked version of DUF and agUnitFrames for my warrior and warlock. There is a hacked version of DAB as well, but it has problems dealing with stance changes.
12-14-06, 10:42 PM   #90
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
TrinityBars and X-Perl Unit Frames for me.

I actually have been loving X-Perl's informative and good-looking frames. TrinityBars are also doing a decent job. I still miss Charcoal's unified, beautiful layout though. I can't *quite* get my UI to look as good.

You have some adoring fans Crash! Please don't forget about us! (But remember to have fun and actually *play* the game some too!) Just let us know you are still alive once in awhile.

12-28-06, 07:52 PM   #91
Lery
A Black Drake
So has anyone put together a Charcoal alternative that is sort of like Charcoal? I'm really missing Charcoal's stuff and the rest of the stuff out there is either to lacking or to bloated.
01-15-07, 07:31 AM   #92
Miagi
A Murloc Raider
Crash?

Please say you are still alive
01-16-07, 07:30 PM   #93
CrashVegas
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Miagi
Crash?

Please say you are still alive
Just picked up my Burning Crusade CE this morning =)
01-16-07, 07:31 PM   #94
fred
A Cobalt Mageweaver
awesome!! nice to know........
01-17-07, 09:00 AM   #95
Lery
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by CrashVegas
Just picked up my Burning Crusade CE this morning =)

We can only pray for the day this is released and maintained again.

Discord seems pretty much shot though. I use Bartender now. It works pretty damn nicely.
01-17-07, 10:17 PM   #96
CrashVegas
An Aku'mai Servant
I stopped using the discord stuff about 5 months ago. Small and efficient is the way to go.
01-18-07, 12:35 PM   #97
Lery
A Black Drake
I stopped using the discord stuff about 5 months ago. Small and efficient is the way to go.

So come on and give us a little taste. Where like little crack addicts nibbling at our finger tips for the new UI stuff
01-22-07, 07:46 AM   #98
Miagi
A Murloc Raider
So, will Charcoal Fusion ever be released?
01-22-07, 08:07 AM   #99
CrashVegas
An Aku'mai Servant
Yep it will...one day it will just be there, available to download. I can't say when though. I try to keep a low profile because there's nothing worse than overblown hype.
01-23-07, 09:15 PM   #100
Toran
A Nerdscale Dorkin

Premium Member
Yep it will...one day it will just be there, available to download. I can't say when though. I try to keep a low profile because there's nothing worse than overblown hype.
Yes, there's overblown hype - and also overblown vaporware. It's cool if you don't have anything ready...we can survive.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » Charcoal UI/Fusion