11-14-09, 08:31 PM   #1
chopt8
A Cyclonian
lunarsphere-LIKE suggestion

why not work with /ask the lunarsphere developer

Bold RED items are descriptions from lunaraddons.com

Bold Green items are descriptions from Scott posted on To-Do list

Templates exist for all classes so that first-time users can have a pre-setup buttons without having to go through the process of sorting
* Add character profiles

* Add action bar profiles

To me these seem to coincide with each others intentions. Of course I don't code but I would imagine it would be easier to use lunarsphere code to do the aforementioned things and tweak it it ignore (round button) references as the case may be. or at the least see how lunarsphere automatically sorts its class template spells for a setup within nUI.

As opposed to (this is gonna be facetious) setting up fire spells in left side of action bar 1, frost in right side of action bar 1, pots, 1st aid and consumables in bar 2 section 4 subclass B part 1 dash A as spells are learned. just have nUI reload and sort spells in their respective places.

Ability to auto-assign the best water, food, health potion, mana potion, mount, and more can be set via special button types

* Add autobar style support for quest items, food/drink/pots, mounts, vanity pets
In lunarsphere under a parent button one child button has a left click for the highest value healing item, right click consumes the highest value mana item.

All buttons have left, middle, and right click support.

While this is not on Scotts to do list, I would like to have similar spells be click assignable. For Example you can assign one button to (for a shammy) lesser healing wave (L-click) Healing Wave (M-click) Chain Heal (R-click) on one button; or as Scott may like it, (L-click) Serpent Sting (M-Click) Scorpid Sting (R-Click) Venom Sting.

Keybind support for all buttons

* Add key-bind profiles

I had read somewhere i believe on this forum to have your pet atk go into the wow keybindings and set to what you like (blizz default is shift+t) however lunarsphere can keybind ANY button that has a spell placed into it.

I'm not entirely extolling lunarspheres virtues, just that after finding nUI and its cleanliness/minimalism I would love to be able to do more with just action bar #1 than clicking in many dif places

oh and while I'm on my soap box, built in GarbageFuLIKE (drop greys/trash when you're not in town to sell) and an auto-vendor greys/trash option.

One last question to SCOTT, based of some of the to do list are you trying to be rid of carbonite or rather a builtin carbonite feel?

Again, Fraternally,

Xanz

11-14-09, 10:05 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The reason why they are on the to do list is because Scott is prioritising what needs to be done and what will be useful to have done. If another addon exists that does the same thing it isn't as important as something that only nUI has etc. That said, sometimes he will incorporate a minimal set of changes to an existing feature in nUI if people are using other addons for that feature. The debuff counters are an example of this. I used to use OmniCC and InlineAura to track my debufss and cooldowns on the action buttons. Once Scott incorporated the debuff timers into nUI I could drop 2 addons and use nUIs built in feature. It worked slightly different but I got used to it after a while.

I am sure Scott looks at other addons to see how things work when and if he hits a brick wall as to how it works the way it does. But if you bear in mind that Scott has written nUI solely on his own I doubt he hits too many brick walls.

Last edited by Xrystal : 11-14-09 at 10:18 PM.

11-20-09, 05:01 PM   #3
Thander
A Theradrim Guardian
About your last question, in patch 3.3 the default UI shows where to do all the quests. There won't be as much need for Carbonite. People might still like it for the warehouse or punks or whatever else they like to use, but the main reason people use it (quests) will be handled without an addon.

So no need to worry about adding it to nUI.

11-20-09, 09:46 PM   #4
chopt8
A Cyclonian
Talking In that case ...

In that case, for those whom play the PTR, does that built in map track mob areas as well as carbonite?

I'm guessing Scott sees the writing on the wall, in so much as I could tell from a post I read elsewhere re: nUI we will be able to see, if not track, opposing faction players.

Combuctor serves well enough as a warehouse

11-27-09, 10:33 PM   #5
Thander
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by chopt8 View Post
In that case, for those whom play the PTR, does that built in map track mob areas as well as carbonite?
Blizzard posted some screenshots of it on the website. You can find it in the Under Development section. It works just like Carbonite Quests. Single objectives are shown with a dot I think. Regional objectives are overlayed on the map wherever the mobs are you have to kill or quest items you need.

Missing features in the default map/quest tracking on PTR:
Map doesn't zoom
No waypoint arrow to nearest objective
Quest sorting only by zone
No party member quest tracking

Like the other stuff in the default UI. It just does the minimal requirement. Addons can still be used for additional functionality.

11-29-09, 10:43 PM   #6
chopt8
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Thander View Post
Blizzard posted some screenshots of it on the website. You can find it in the Under Development section. It works just like Carbonite Quests. Single objectives are shown with a dot I think. Regional objectives are overlayed on the map wherever the mobs are you have to kill or quest items you need.

Missing features in the default map/quest tracking on PTR:
Map doesn't zoom
No waypoint arrow to nearest objective
Quest sorting only by zone
No party member quest tracking

Like the other stuff in the default UI. It just does the minimal requirement. Addons can still be used for additional functionality.
I saw on the PTR some screen shots, I couldn't tell/see the overlay for mob kills/gather items.

I can live w/o map zoom, zone quest sorting, and party member quest tracker.

but NO WAYPOINT? hellz to tha nah

07-08-10, 05:45 PM   #7
Byghammer
A Murloc Raider
I also use Lunarsphere. The main feature that has kept me using it is the left-middle-right click buttons. For example, on healers I use left-target, middle-focus, right-self. It eliminates the need for healing add-ons like Healbot. I probably won't be switching my healers to nUI at this time for this reason. Not sure how difficult this would be to add, but thanks in advance for your considereation!

07-08-10, 05:55 PM   #8
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
the nUI6 action bars will support this behavior, so you should be in good shape once I get that in place.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » lunarsphere-LIKE suggestion