12-03-09, 05:34 PM   #1
Venator06
A Defias Bandit

Portraits next to HUD bars?

Just wondering if there is a mod that allows portraits to show up next to HUD bars when selecting a target or something similar. I like to do some casual BGs and it is a bit annoying to tab target and having to guess if I am hitting the hunter, or his pet, or ect ect. Or perhaps a mod that colors enemy health bars red instead of green.

Love the mod but sure would be helpful just to be able to quickly glance and see what I'm unloading my mana on. If anyone knows another mod that can do something similar that works with nUI's interface that would be great too.

12-04-09, 05:13 AM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
nUI does show the target portrait in the dashboard... it would be overkill to show it in both places. That said, if it is something you really want to have, you could add a portrait to the HUD easily enough.

You would need to edit [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Layouts > Default > HUDLayouts > {hud mode} > nUI_HUDSkin_{hud mode}_Target.lua ] and add the following data to it...

Code:
        ["Portrait"] =
        {
            anchor =
            {
                anchor_pt   = "TOPRIGHT",
                relative_to = "$parent_Health",
                relative_pt = "TOPLEFT",
                xOfs        = 0,
                yOfs        = 0,
            },        
            options =
            {
                enabled = true,
                height  = 120,
                width   = 120,
                inset   = 0,
                strata  = nil,
                level   = nil,

show_anim = true,
                model     = false,
                outline   = false,
            },
        },
You can play with xOfs and yOfs to move the portrait left/right and up/down (respectively) and you can play with the height and width to change the size of the portrait. You can actually make these changes while logged into WoW, just make the changes then save them and do a '/nui rl' to relaod the UI and see the results.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

12-04-09, 12:09 PM   #3
Venator06
A Defias Bandit

After a bit of trial and error I got it just where I want it and added my own portrait as well for aesthetic purposes.

So far it is helping a lot and works just like I need it to, thank you very much.

05-04-10, 11:12 PM   #4
schmitty
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
nUI does show the target portrait in the dashboard... it would be overkill to show it in both places. That said, if it is something you really want to have, you could add a portrait to the HUD easily enough.

You would need to edit [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Layouts > Default > HUDLayouts > {hud mode} > nUI_HUDSkin_{hud mode}_Target.lua ] and add the following data to it...

Code:
        ["Portrait"] =
        {
            anchor =
            {
                anchor_pt   = "TOPRIGHT",
                relative_to = "$parent_Health",
                relative_pt = "TOPLEFT",
                xOfs        = 0,
                yOfs        = 0,
            },        
            options =
            {
                enabled = true,
                height  = 120,
                width   = 120,
                inset   = 0,
                strata  = nil,
                level   = nil,

show_anim = true,
                model     = false,
                outline   = false,
            },
        },
You can play with xOfs and yOfs to move the portrait left/right and up/down (respectively) and you can play with the height and width to change the size of the portrait. You can actually make these changes while logged into WoW, just make the changes then save them and do a '/nui rl' to relaod the UI and see the results.
Perhaps, it might be a good idea if you could incorporate this as an option in the GUI config, with sliders to adjust the position, and of course have a checkbox to enable/disable it.

05-05-10, 02:55 AM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
For one, the GUI Config for v5 is written by someone else and another, I don't know if it is possible to have a second addon to add sections to a table that the first addon may only read once on login. Scott could confirm on the viability of that idea if the creator of the config plugin wishes to add this.

Now, creating a 'skin' for nUI with that change is another thing. Some people have done that by adjusting the layout table and having it rearrange things when it loads up. I've not done that myself so not sure how that is done but it looks to be at least possible this way.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » Portraits next to HUD bars?