05-23-10, 08:39 AM   #1
rhunrunner
A Kobold Labourer
InfoPanel for Auras

I've been using nUI for months now and love it. My only complaint is how much screen space the aura windows take. I rarely look at the auras other than out of combat to make sure I've got the right buffs from the raid.

I've read through the forums and discovered the solution to disabling the display of auras for the target, but I still want to be able tosee all the auras on my toon without covering up the game.

Any chance this could be put into an info panel, maybe split up to show target and self auras the way recount/omen can be split up?

05-23-10, 08:59 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Theoretically it is possible.

I was thinking about a tweak to the way they are shown at the moment.

We have 2 types of buffs. We have the constant ones and we have the timed ones.

Perhaps the constant ones can be buttonised and the timed ones put in bars.

Maybe for nUI 6 you could cusomize by having different options per buff.

.Show
.Button
.Text

05-23-10, 09:08 AM   #3
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You might consider looking at the nUI_AuraButtons plugin as a partial solution Rhunrunner. It is, also, possible to make an info panel for them and I think that's a very interesting idea, in fact.

The issue, for me, is time. I wanted to get an nUI6 alpha out this weekend and have been consumed with bug fixes. The more time I spend tinkering with "other" things, the longer it's taking to get the alpha out and I'm on the verge of mutiny with the user community as it is ~grin~

So, unless someone else wants to take this on, I'm gonna suggest that I'll keep this in mind for nUI6, but not bother with it in nUI5.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

05-23-10, 12:04 PM   #4
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
You might consider looking at the nUI_AuraButtons plugin as a partial solution Rhunrunner. It is, also, possible to make an info panel for them and I think that's a very interesting idea, in fact.

The issue, for me, is time. I wanted to get an nUI6 alpha out this weekend and have been consumed with bug fixes. The more time I spend tinkering with "other" things, the longer it's taking to get the alpha out and I'm on the verge of mutiny with the user community as it is ~grin~

So, unless someone else wants to take this on, I'm gonna suggest that I'll keep this in mind for nUI6, but not bother with it in nUI5.
/pirate voice on

ARRRR!! The captain be slackin'! I say we take over the ship and take to the high seas! Are ya with me Ya scurvy dogs? ARRR!!!

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

05-23-10, 03:16 PM   #5
Seer
A Molten Giant
Why does the term "restraining order" come to mind..

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » InfoPanel for Auras