06-23-10, 11:19 PM   #1
wrathofevil
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Current nUI Issues

Just trying to help...
I have a DK, and the bar which shows my Blood Presence/Frost Pres/Unholy Pres is not there, I have to open the character panel in order to switch between them. It is usually located above the Actionbars.

The button to switch between Skada/Map/Guild Chat/Anymeter, etc allows Skada to stay there always, and puts the rest in the middle, where the minimap used to go. I put nUI in charge of my minimap, and it doesn't put it into the nUI panel, but it's up where it used to go before I ever installed nUI.

The button for Player/Raid 10/Raid 15/Raid 20, etc is not present. And, if you join a group, you cannot see the other members of your group anywhere. They used to show up in the nUI panel, now, they don't.

I used to have 2 Skada panels, I'm set up for that, but only on Skada panel shows up.

Just a few things I noticed when logging in. Just trying to help. Hope this does help.

Wrath

06-23-10, 11:27 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hmm strange.

Sounds like a multitude of possibilities there.

Can you throw up a screenshot so we can see all the problems.

It sounds like it could be quite a few things.

1. If you are not on a US server then don't download the nUI version beyond 21. Those after then are for the new 3.3.5 patch.

2. Are you using nUI6 alpha ? If so are you also using nUI ( lite or plus ) as it needs it to fully work.

3. Are you using the addons required for the plugins to work ? Or have the plugins for the addons to be put inside the infopanel. If so, and they are causing errors. Turn off the plugins and try again.

4. The Skada issue is weird as Scott has coded nUI to make the 2 windows. Maybe somewhere along the lines you changed it but then again I am not sure whether nUI restores its settings when you next start wow.

5. The DK problem I can't help you there but in combination with other problems you list perhaps the nUI loading process is bugging out due to a buggy addon.

So, try running nUI on its own with no addons whatsoever. You may end up with extra chat frames lying around but you should see nUI working the way it should albeit a few display alignment problems.

06-24-10, 04:11 AM   #3
wrathofevil
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Re

I will try your suggestion. But, in answer to your questions, other than turning off all other addons, already done everything you suggested. And, I am on a US realm, and I do not run the nUI6 beta version at all. Everything was working before 3.3.5. That's when all these issues cropped up. Also, I do not have the bars on the top of the screen which show the latency. And, I do not have the bars that allow you to switch between the different modes for your health bars. Also, my bars do not show up if I select someone, that should show my health as well as the person I'm fighting. I will try your idea next to see if it could be one of my other addons, but I disabled all of my addons which show that they are out of date, as well as most, if not all, that are not compatible with 3.3.5 yet. So far, none of my addons have caused an error. Thanks for the suggestions.

06-24-10, 04:19 AM   #4
wrathofevil
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_062410_051428.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	300.0 KB
ID:	4491

Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_062410_051522.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	299.4 KB
ID:	4492

06-24-10, 04:22 AM   #5
wrathofevil
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Screenshots Info

If you look at the screenshots, you will see that I do not have the buttons for the bottom left for the Player/Raids, etc. Also, you will see the buttons as well as all info bars at the top are missing. All that is there is the basic WOW info buttons. Also, the special ability buttons that are usually above the ActionBars are all missing. As a DK, I have 3. A shaman usually has 4 I think, those are missing. And, I disabled all of my addons for these screenshots.

06-24-10, 04:26 AM   #6
wrathofevil
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
extra

I did turn on my Skada addon. At first, I had it off, but when I turned it on, all it did was put the one window up. I checked, and I still have both Skada windows enabled. The screenshots are with the Skada addon active, but I have turned it off too, and same results.

06-24-10, 04:49 AM   #7
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Your entire load is broken. That's what's going on.

Do this... disable every addon except nUI... this includes disabling *ALL* nUI plugins. Log in to WoW. Does nUI load correctly (unit frames, chat frame, etc.)?

If it does, then we know it's an addon.

Look at the version that's being printed in the chat frame... if it does not say "nUI 5.06.25 has been loaded" then you have the wrong version installed... go get the latest version.

If nUI does not load, go to the [ World of Warcraft ] folder and rename [ Interface ] to [ Interface.saved ] and renamed [ WTF ] to [ WTF.saved ] -- log into WoW and at the character selection screen, go to the "AddOns" button. Are there *any* addons listed in the screen? If there are, then you are working in the wrong WoW directory.

If there are no addons listed, close the addons window and enter the world on any character then immediately exit WoW. Install the latest released of nUI in the [ World of Warcraft > Interface > AddOns ] folder then log back into WoW... does nUI load now? (It better!)

Once you know nUI is loading, you can start reinstalling your other addons one at a time... try installing the addon, then logging in to make sure nUI didn't get borked. If it did, then we know which addon is causing it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simple outline...
  1. Make sure you have nUI 5.06.25 or newer installed.
  2. Log in or out to your character selection screen in WoW
  3. Click the "AddOns" button
  4. Click the "Disable All" button
  5. Scroll down until you see "nUI" and enable it
  6. Close the window
  7. Enter the world on any toon
nUI should load correctly now. If not, let me know.

If it does, start enabling mods one at a time until it breaks, then we know which mod the conflict is with.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

Last edited by spiel2001 : 06-24-10 at 07:44 AM.

06-24-10, 06:40 AM   #8
wrathofevil
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Re

Ok, I will try that now. Thanks for the suggestions.

06-24-10, 06:44 AM   #9
seancwatson
A Cyclonian

I don't see what being on an Oceanic server have to do with anything. We got 3.3.5 Tuesday just like everyone else who isn't EU. I'm from Florida, but based in an Oceanic server, so I get the added benefit of playing with a +16 hour time difference. When a patch hits Wednesday for an Oceanic realm it is Tuesday for us Americans so I fail to see that being the cause of any problems

Last edited by seancwatson : 06-24-10 at 06:54 AM.

06-24-10, 07:01 AM   #10
wrathofevil
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Fixed

Ok,
I went in with my addon manager, and disabled everything except the addonmanager and nUI. Everything. When I reloaded my UI, it worked! So, I started re-enabling all of my addons, one at a time. Nothing broke my nUI. Not even my dragon nUI. So, everything seems to be working except my Skada still only shows one window, even though I have it set for two windows. I will probably uninstall Skada and re-install it to see if that fixes it. However, I can live with that small discrepancy. Thank you so much for the suggestion. I don't know what the issue was, but disabling everything except nUI basic worked. And, yes I do have the newest download, I made sure I did that before I posted. Thanks for the suggestions. Now my nUI is back working just fine! Thank you so much.

06-24-10, 07:05 AM   #11
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by seancwatson View Post
I don't see what being on an Oceanic server have to do with anything. We got 3.3.5 Tuesday just like everyone else who isn't EU. I'm from Florida, but based in an Oceanic server, so I get the added benefit of playing with a +16 hour time difference. When a patch hits Wednesday for an Oceanic realm it is Tuesday for us Americans so I fail to see that being the cause of any problems
The simple question is "was your server updated to 3.3.5 or not" -- if it was, use the current version of nUI, if it wasn't, don't update past nUI 5.06.21

06-24-10, 07:24 AM   #12
seancwatson
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
The simple question is "was your server updated to 3.3.5 or not" -- if it was, use the current version of nUI, if it wasn't, don't update past nUI 5.06.21
Alright well my realm is updated and unfortunately even the latest version is still causing problems (I'm using nUI+, not that it makes a difference I don't think). I will wait patiently for a fix. Your hard work shows in nUI, and it is appreciated

06-24-10, 07:38 AM   #13
spiel2001
nUI's Author

If you are running nUI 5.06.25 on a realm with the 3.3.5 patch and it will not load, the problem is *NOT* nUI... it's either one of the nUI plugins that you're using or another mod.

Known offenders are any of the nUI_InfoPanel chat addons, HitsMode and Carbonite. I'm sure there are others.

Do this...
  1. Log out to the character selection screen
  2. Click the "AddOns" button
  3. Click the "Disable All" button
  4. Scroll down until you find "nUI" and enable it
  5. Close the window
  6. Enter the world on any toon
Does nUI load correctly now? If not, let me know.

If it does, start re-enabling your other addons one at a time and retesting until nUI breaks again, then we'll know which addon the conflict is coming from.

06-24-10, 07:48 AM   #14
wrathofevil
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
RE: Fix

I did what he suggested by disabling everything except just nUI alone. And, when I did, nUI started working, and now all of my addons work too. I have a small issue with Skada, but that's Skada, not nUI. Everything is working. Try his suggestions, it should work.

06-24-10, 02:28 PM   #15
seancwatson
A Cyclonian

Thumbs up

Apparently you released a version last night that atleast made it usable. I didn't try it out until now. Everything is a-ok from what I can tell. Thanks for the update!

06-24-10, 04:26 PM   #16
Milagroso
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Hi.

Love nUI+

However I am having the same problem as Wrathofevil only I'm not having it with Skada. I'm having it with Grid and Infopanel: Grid.

I've found that if nothing but nUI and Grid is enabled then everything is fine. But if I load nUI, Grid, and the InfoPanel for Grid then I have the same issue (see screenshot posted earlier by Wrathofevil)Also, if Infopanel:grid and nUI are selected but Grid itself is not enabled I do not have the problem. That probably doesn't mean much though since nUI is probably smart enough not to load something that doesn't need to be loaded.

So since this problem only appears when those three items are loaded together, I guess its more of an issue with the Infopanel? Where do I go to get support for that? I play a main spec priest and need my Grid.

Also, I tried healing without Grid yesterday using the standard interface with nUI+ and Clique. I found that my heals wouldn't cast when clicking on the raid frame unless it was a specific spot. Anywhere else and the heal just wouldn't fire. I'm not too concerned about that though, I just want Grid working again. But it would be nice if I could eliminate Grid altogether.

Edit: I see I posted a reply with a technical issue in the wrong thread. I found the correct thread here http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=33429. Sorry about that.

"Common sense? There is nothing common about sense!"
- DAZ

Last edited by Milagroso : 06-24-10 at 04:29 PM. Reason: My Apologies, wrong thread.

06-24-10, 04:34 PM   #17
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I suspect the same problem that has been found with various infopanel plugins are the problem. For now disable the plugin and use grid outside of the infopanel.

Skada/Omen/Recount/CombatLog etc infopanels were fixed by Scott and I will try and get my infopanels up and running as soon as I can.

06-24-10, 04:35 PM   #18
spiel2001
nUI's Author

No worries... once you've been hanging around the nUI forums for a bit, you'll find we pride ourselves in preventing any thread from remaining on topic more than an hour or two ~grin~

The Grid info panel was written by Brillynt... I would post a comment in its download page or otherwise try to jingle Brillynt's bell.

And, for the record, you should not enable info panels for addons that are not installed... it's up to each info panel to decide whether or not it should load and you can't count on them all doing it. Even my own aren't terribly reliable in that area (something keep meaning to work on, but never get around to it seems)

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » Current nUI Issues