08-06-11, 04:10 PM   #1
ranafuineluva
A Murloc Raider
Minimap Questions

The original minimap of the game is docked into the carbonite minimap for me now. I am a hunter and I do some tracking that shows on wow minimap. And my shaman does some mining. Is there a way to get rid of the wow minimap all togeter and inject the track data into carbonite minimap?

08-06-11, 09:00 PM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Carbonite has only one map. Sometimes it's minimized, and sometimes it's not, but it's still only one map.

Short answer: no. Blizzard does not provide addon authors api access to the "tracking dots" that appear on its minimap.

08-06-11, 09:12 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ranafuineluva View Post
The original minimap of the game is docked into the carbonite minimap for me now. I am a hunter and I do some tracking that shows on wow minimap. And my shaman does some mining. Is there a way to get rid of the wow minimap all togeter and inject the track data into carbonite minimap?
Unfortunately, no. Any tracking that is done through the Blizzard tracking utility shows up only on the Blizzard minimap. However, when the Blizzard minimap and the Carbonite minimized map are merged (this is different than the minimap being "docked" inside the Carbonite minimized map, although the maps must be merged for the minimap to be "docked") and the minimap settings for the Blizzard minimap are right in the Carbonite options, all of the tracking icons appear as though they are on the Carbonite minimized map (but they are actually being shown on the Blizzard minimap).
Click image for larger version

Name:	HunterTracking-CarbMap.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	6422
Click the image to get a larger version, which might open in a new browser tab.

EDIT: AAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHH!! Like Maxwell Smart used to say: "Missed it by that much." /EDIT

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 08-06-11 at 09:14 PM.

08-15-11, 12:45 AM   #4
ranafuineluva
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Unfortunately, no. Any tracking that is done through the Blizzard tracking utility shows up only on the Blizzard minimap. However, when the Blizzard minimap and the Carbonite minimized map are merged (this is different than the minimap being "docked" inside the Carbonite minimized map, although the maps must be merged for the minimap to be "docked") and the minimap settings for the Blizzard minimap are right in the Carbonite options, all of the tracking icons appear as though they are on the Carbonite minimized map (but they are actually being shown on the Blizzard minimap).
Attachment 6422
Click the image to get a larger version, which might open in a new browser tab.

EDIT: AAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHH!! Like Maxwell Smart used to say: "Missed it by that much." /EDIT
Sorry for the late reply but what options are have to be selected from the map and minimap options that will give me the result on your screenshot?

08-15-11, 07:02 AM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As long as your maps are merged, and your hunter is tracking whatever it has to in the Blizzard tracking utility (click the magnifying glass minimap icon and make sure the proper options are checked), the tracking icons will show up automatically.

If you have already done that and the tracking icons still do not show up on your Carbonite map, please post again to let me know and I'll post my settings.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

08-22-11, 02:40 PM   #6
Tuche
A Defias Bandit
Please, post your settings

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Minimap Questions