10-19-07, 01:05 PM   #1
Lantel
A Cyclonian

Shadow Priest or Warlock?

Hey everyone got a few more questions heh.

ok so first I know theres alot of debate on this but I dont particularly like healing so I cant decide what I should be a shadow priest or warlock im pretty sure im gonna be a warlock just wondering what you guys opinions are.

If warlock whats a good spec I really like pvp so probably a spec that will increase my Damage Over Time (DOT) power.

Thanks in advance.
10-19-07, 01:26 PM   #2
Sithraza
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

u may roll a spriest, but seriously, what will you end up doing in instances and raids HEALING QQ

and locks are a lot easier to level with because of their pets.
11-07-07, 05:31 PM   #3
Aumakua
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Lantel
Hey everyone got a few more questions heh.

ok so first I know theres alot of debate on this but I dont particularly like healing so I cant decide what I should be a shadow priest or warlock im pretty sure im gonna be a warlock just wondering what you guys opinions are.

If warlock whats a good spec I really like pvp so probably a spec that will increase my Damage Over Time (DOT) power.

Thanks in advance.
Ultimately, the choice is yours, If you don't want to heal don't roll a priest. You will be changing spec from shadow to holy for raids. If you choose a warlock a good pvp spec is aff/demo sl/sl, Siphon Life/Soul Link. PvP is all about survivablity and soul link will you give less damage taken. Your dots still hit pretty hard and you do get Curse of Exaustion. But you miss out on a lot of good talents like the instant howl of terror and dark pact in the affliction tree. Not to mention the killer Unstable Affliction, my favorite dot, I killed many a priest and pally with that.
12-20-07, 01:17 AM   #4
Banalina902
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
If you don't want to heal don't roll a priest. You will be changing spec from shadow to holy for raids.
Not so. This kind of thinking is prevalent among people who've been playing wow before BC. Shadow priests kick ass during raids and you'll find any good guild will have at least 4 shad priests on the roster. My guild has run up to 3 spriests in a raid with 2 healing priests. Pretty good representation for any class.

Granted, during lvling you may find yourself having to heal more instances than you dps as healers are usually hard to find and it gets very, very tedious trying to find healers. I myself was labelled as a Hybrid (with points in Shadow up to Shadowform and the rest mostly in disc with a few in holy) up until 70 (when I respecced 14/0/47). Speccing hybrid I gimped myself a bit for dps but was able to heal any instance if I had to.

Anyway, spriests are fine with the right gear, but with only one good spell that crits, you'll be disappointed if you're looking for big damage number. We come into our own after 70.
12-20-07, 09:14 AM   #5
Delena
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Actually Banalina has right, even the heroics seems to be designed for healers like paladins, or shamans, which don't die with a single hit. The CC isn't always perfect, even with a good threat management.
Obviously in pvp is even more useful a paladin/druid/shaman than an holy priest.
12-20-07, 10:33 AM   #6
Nightsmear
A Fallenroot Satyr

thats why when i go into a grp for any duengeon, i won't go if i don't think the tank can handle it (gear wise/exp wise/lvl wise) I've leveled to many lvls healing instances and i got to know what people were capable of..

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Class Discussions » Shadow Priest or Warlock?