05-27-09, 09:22 PM   #41
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Jalandar View Post
And to continue my previous post, what good does it say when admins not only encourage, but play along with them?
If you don't like this site, then don't visit this site. The internet is a vast landscape, with many many places developed for just such people as you! Isn't it wonderful?

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
05-27-09, 09:48 PM   #42
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Lykofos View Post
Any chance of getting the Minion monster icon as a 128x128 PNG image?

I also did a blog post regarding Minion: http://lykofos.wordpress.com/2009/05...een-unleashed/
Wrong size, I know. But I got this by just right-clickin and saving the image.
[Edited to remove my own stupidity]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	minion-beta-logo.png
Views:	731
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	2727  

Last edited by voodoodad : 05-27-09 at 10:46 PM.
05-27-09, 10:43 PM   #43
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Here is a png of the icon.
Attached Images

05-27-09, 10:56 PM   #44
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Oh I forgot about the ignore list... bugger that makes things much better, so long as people don't quote the whole damn post :P
05-27-09, 11:54 PM   #45
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Here is a png of the icon.
Tanks Dolby, da little monster can now live in Rocket Dock since I I keep my Desktop clean of icons.
05-28-09, 12:29 AM   #46
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
Yeah, yeah. I know... The Masons, the Illuminati and possibly the Bildabergers have taken over WoWI (most likely with help from men in black and Majestik12) and are secretly plotting to keep you from easily updating your addons... Guess my dream of the controversy being over was short lived, huh?
If you'd listed the Rockafellers (sp?), you'd have a hard-core conspiracy on your hands, and you'd likely have to change your identity and pray that they don't find you.

Wait... I just mentioned them.

F*ck. ><

/cast Vanish

05-28-09, 04:08 AM   #47
Kaaosa
A Defias Bandit

Looks very nice. Seemed to update my addons flawlessly. Here comes the real test, though: logging in afterward. :V

Whether my interface is broken in a couple seconds or not, neat looking app, and I've got high hopes for it.
05-28-09, 06:13 AM   #48
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by us2006027321 View Post
If you'd listed the Rockafellers (sp?), you'd have a hard-core conspiracy on your hands, and you'd likely have to change your identity and pray that they don't find you.

Wait... I just mentioned them.

F*ck. ><

/cast Vanish
And I purposely left out the Knights Templar, the Priory of Scion, and the Catholic Church.

Hmmm. Who's that at my door? Brb. hopefully...

05-29-09, 05:50 AM   #49
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Finally! Great work everyone that worked on it!

I just hope there will be other site modules being released soon...
05-29-09, 07:43 AM   #50
[email protected]
A Defias Bandit
minion or possessed demon

if by bugs you mean a totaly possessed downloader then yes expect bugs. I had about 10 addons add to me when i ran your downloader. I mean really random junk that i would never down load. Also make your area that lists the mods bigger and the text box with your website new feed smaller. I ran the minion then ran the curse client and a lot of your addons were showing out of date vs the mods on curse. Also are you guys putting something into the files? becuase curse was showing warning ! this file has been recently changed! although the versions were still correct there had been something slightly changed in the folders.
05-29-09, 08:35 AM   #51
Donnaterassi
An Aku'mai Servant
Wink ok. smallish grrr.

First, Miss me?

Wait. Don't answer that.

Second, on install it looks cute but shortcut doesn't seem to work. I am about to reboot and see what happens. Will edit as necessary to keep informed.

Before the "helpful" suggestions start...this is not a bug report, yet. (note the fact that it's not posted on the the bug report thread as evidence that I am assuming that I have missed a step.)

Well, Bigger Grrr. I can't see it. Task manager says its running, but still, I can't see it. I did the whole, uninstall c++ 2005/install link posted here: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...27&postcount=8 then reinstall minion, but that didn't seem to change anything but the name of the c++ file.
Oh, and as a separate concern, my banana won't dance.

So, my stupid computer, which says my Java is totally up to date, is actually running (build 1.6.0_07-b06) which is ONLY 7 updates behind. So after a lil visit to http://www.java.com/en/ I am good to go!!!

Except the banana STILL isn't dancing.

Last edited by Donnaterassi : 05-29-09 at 10:17 AM. Reason: update 2 - resolution
05-29-09, 08:56 AM   #52
Tristanian
Andúril
Premium Member
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I had about 10 addons add to me when i ran your downloader. I mean really random junk that i would never down load.
It's a known issue and it's happening because Minion is not associating some addons with their proper ID's on the website, I believe Shirik is working on improving the logic in the heuristic detection.

I ran the minion then ran the curse client and a lot of your addons were showing out of date vs the mods on curse.
The first time you run Minion, every single addon will show as out of date, before you update it. This is a necessary procedure, so that the updater can (re)synch itself and will only happen once. As for certain addons showing as out of date even after the initial update, that's simply because their author has not updated the same version on both Curse and WoWI.

Also are you guys putting something into the files? becuase curse was showing warning ! this file has been recently changed! although the versions were still correct there had been something slightly changed in the folders.
The Curse Client keeps its own database so to speak of certain characteristics of addons that expects to remain intact (and no I do not know exactly what it's looking for). Sadly, in certain cases, versions being uploaded on different websites are not always the same, depending on whether the packaging procedure was handled by an SVN packager (the Curse one uses a different logic than the WoWI one and has different requirements in terms of pulling library versions etc) or whether the author simply uploaded a zip file. It is very much possible to have addons with an identical version but just because addon X was updated by updater Y, updater Z will think that there is something wrong with it, because sometimes it doesn't detect the exact version that was packaged (or uploaded) on its supporting website. The safest solution (for now) is to simply choose a single updater for duplicate addons and ignore that same addon on the other updater(s).
05-29-09, 11:25 PM   #53
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

Originally Posted by Donnaterassi View Post
First, Miss me?

Oh hai Ooooo pretty text colors

Originally Posted by Donnaterassi View Post
Except the banana STILL isn't dancing.
I'm sorry for your problems installing it. Bear with it tho it's definately worth it

Has some problems identifying to right files to update with >_>

I'm waiting on the next build to test
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
05-30-09, 03:43 AM   #54
Alfuin
A Murloc Raider

Angry I just got to say...

What a lovely minion... but as you say, not fully trained yet. Like any pup eats up a shoe or shred a newspaper, Minion need some corrections too. Minion deletes my installed addons and replaces them with the ones downloaded. Without asking me what to do, or giving me the option to say "No!", it's not even an option... I like to make slight personal edits of some addons, to customize them to my needs, and now I have to go through those addons again. I did make a copy of the Interface/Cache/WTF, but still it's a hassle... like cleaning up the shreded paper after a pup got hold of it, and try to read it afterwards.
05-30-09, 05:07 AM   #55
Fugazi
A Defias Bandit
I tried it and will wait for final release where hopefully there will be option to update specific folders/parts of addon (for example only CT Barmod from CT package etc.).

That being said very good job so far, I am looking forward to check future versions. It works very well for beta.
05-30-09, 09:27 AM   #56
Exposure
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by gothicknight View Post
I just downloaded the new Minion, and when i try and launch it, for some unknown reason, it tries to launch my Nokia PC suite. I checked out the properties, and Minion is set to open Nokia PC suite by default
read the faq and you'll find this:

(Please note: If another program is associated with the JAR extension, Minion may not run. The solution is to re-install Java.)
05-30-09, 06:55 PM   #57
vauge
A Defias Bandit
Why are you guys not compiling it so we do not have to install java?

Does not work for me - expect plenty of headaches.

/uninstall java
05-30-09, 08:02 PM   #58
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Alfuin View Post
I like to make slight personal edits of some addons, to customize them to my needs, and now I have to go through those addons again.
You're an addon author, so you should be used to version control... here's what I do:

* Install the "pure" addon, make it a git repo, commit with the version number for the note
* Make another branch named "mine", check it out
* Make my tweaks, commit them

Then when the author updates...
* Checkout master
* Download update
* Commit with version number
* Checkout mine
* Merge master

Unless there's a direct conflict, I never have to go around re-applying all my tweaks, and the minionion sees that it's a git repo and ignores it.

Another option, of course, would be to make a second addon, set it to LoadWith the the original, and apply the tweaks to the addon on load. Might not work for all stuff though, but is probably a better approach if possible.
05-31-09, 11:24 PM   #59
kronpas
A Murloc Raider
I used curse and minion to update addons at the same time, and noticed something wierd: addons "updated" by Minion were listed as "out of date" by Curse. They indeed were, as the version said "rxxxx" while the ones on Curse "1.x.x.". Some of the authors are admins of Curse/WoWace, and I dont think they ll update their addons on here soon lol.

I use many addons from both Curse and WoWinterface, is there an effective way to prevent this, apart from manually checking addons version and updating them?
05-31-09, 11:29 PM   #60
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Is there a way to ignore a mod?

Yes. There is a right-click menu on the updater that allows you to ignore a mod always (ie you normally get it from another site and you don’t want it to download from our site), or ignore it just once (ie normally you update it from our site, but you don’t want to this one time, for whatever reason)
If you know you'll normally be getting certain mods from Curse instead of here, add them to your "ignore always" list.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » Your Minion Has Arrived!